Create your own Limited Item

Options

I think Limited Items are a really cool mechanic, they add a lot of potential for new gameplay elements.

Just for fun, if you could add a Limited Item into the game, what would it be?

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

You mean limited as in Flashbang as a perk or the killer specific items like Vaccine, Spray, Pinheads Box?

i think a smoke bomb that works similar to flashbang would be neat: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199454/survivor-item-concept-smoke-bomb

also I had torches in one of my concepts (before those even existed in DbD) for one of my killer concepts: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/127347/killer-concept-the-darkness

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2022
    Options

An Energy drink that has three uses and gives a survivor a Sprint Burst effect for three seconds.

Edit: also a cell phone that pings your teammates locations for you at the cost of a small ring tone playing within 8 meters of them. Answering it will allow that survivor to see the aura of the one calling until you get a party line going, at the expense of static ringing out, and it would only last a certain number of minutes, like 5. The Entity doesn't want you racking up a big bill, after all

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

Spring Board

Place on the floor. Stepping onto the board launches you into the air. The entity aids your decent, allowing you to glide down uninsured. Killers with projectile powers can snipe you while you glide.

It disappears after 4 survivors use it. Each survivor can only be launched once. Killer can also use it, but it gets destroyed if they do.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited October 2022
    Options

Boomstick

Can only spawn in chest once per trial.

Has one bullet (gun breaks after use, so no Built to Last shenanigans).

Can be used to stun the killer.

Pallet auto-breaks if shot at.

Shooter is exposed for the remainder of the trial.

Carried Survivor will go back into the dying state if the Killer is shot while holding someone.

Gun jams if fired after the exit gates are powered.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,193
    Options

Either, go wild.

A smoke bomb would be pretty cool, especially if it hid your scratch marks for a little while after leaving it.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

How about Caffeine Pills... Taken from the Legion (LOL) They forgot them in the Trial and a Survivor grabbed them

They either Remove Exhaustion or remove 15 seconds from it

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,150
    Options

A Molotov, the killer is stunned by the Molotov for the normal duration and it continues to burn for 8 secs while they're chasing you slightly being annoying but not to the point you can't see anything

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

Tracking dart: Survivors can throw the dart at the killer to reveal the killer even through undetectable. If they miss it works like Peebles and makes a noise notification for everyone.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Hook Trap

After placing it on the hook as it takes 5 seconds to activate. When killer attempts to place survivor on the hook, the hook will break. 1 second interaction to place; single use item. When placed the hook is shown in yellow aura to all survivors for 90 seconds

• ReverseVelocity
    Options

Interesting. Kinda like the Catapult from Identity V. It'd give some great potential for Balanced Landing plays, and might actually let you get to the second floor of some main buildings depending on how high it launched you. Imagine springing from the ground floor to the exterior Ironworks stairs.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    edited October 2022
    Options

Wishlist, its an addon that turns your equipped item and its other addon into a wishlist (they don't get consumed this way), placing the wish list in an empty chest and searching it again gives you the item and its addon (can't use syringe, bnp, or styptic agent this way)

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    edited October 2022
    Options

an item that allow you to teleport to furthest closed(non-powered) exit gate switch after being unhooked. The item is automatic and is consumed from holding it in your hand. Entity mysterious radio.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

I was thinking more about Fortnite's and how it spawns you a glider so you land safely, but you can still get shot while gliding. It could fit in this game, it just has to be more restricted since it can be a pain for killers if it isn't.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 964
    Options

Rework Firecrackers so they instead create a scattering of scratch marks (these ones also visible to Survivors), to be used in jungle-gyms to try and lose the Killer via misdirection.

A Doll-sized Wicker Survivor effigy that when used burns away in the Survivors Hand and applies/removes status effects based on addons used. (Take all single-status suggestions in this thread and throw them into this).

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Bottle Rocket. 1-time-use.

Launch yourself waaaaaay up high (like hackers do) so that you can see pretty much the whole map. When the rocket expires, you fall back down. As you fall, you can still move around a little and try to guide yourself toward a desired destination.

Bottle Rocket immediately expires if you hit a ceiling.

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347
    Options

i want an Event Item wich Works like Pebble.

You pick it up from Somewhere and can use it to distract the Killer.

I actually had a Killer Power in Mind in wich these Pebbles strenghten the Killer but Survivors can also pick them up to use as Pebble.

Instead of making a Killer Power a Neccessity like the Video Tapes for Sadako, Reverse Bear Traps, Fountains, Syringe etc. I would like something that is fun for Survivors while not being the biggest Distration to a Killer.

I just like the idea of having a Killer that Survivors want to play against because of a fun Mechanic. Also there would be great Videos from Content Creators.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233
    Options

I made one that's tied to a survivor perk for one of my chapter concepts. It's like a portable wiretap essentially, but weaker in aura reading because of its versatility in where you can put it.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/349408/chapter-concept-advancements-into-chaos#latest

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

Limited item: Proton Pack (from imaginary "Ghostbuster event)

The proton pack has a limited charge, but when a survivor hits a killer with it, the killer's speed is reduced by 50%.

It may not help a survivor being chased, as you cannot "run-n'-gun", but it would be good to slow down a killer who is chasing another survivor.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

Gonna rip this straight from the Until Dawn chapter I made a while back.

Live To See Another Day

After repairing a generator for 80/70/60 seconds, this perk activates.

When Live To See Another Day is active, you can rummage through an opened chest which will guarantee a shotgun.

Shooting the killer in the head with a shotgun will stun the killer for an extra two seconds if they are already stunned.

Using the shotgun will instantly consume it.

Live To See Another Day can only be used once per trial.

Retaliation

Despite those falling around you, you use the few tricks you have up your sleeve.

After repairing a generator for 80/70/60 seconds, this perk activates.

When Retaliation is active, you can rummage through an opened chest which will guarantee scissors.

Stabbing the killer in the back with scissors will disable the killers power for 30 seconds or until they miss a basic attack.

Using scissors will instantly consume them.

Retaliation can only be used once per trial.

• ReverseVelocity
    Options

I've never seen a Shotgun be suggested as a stun extender instead of just a stun on command, but that'd certainly make it way easier to balance.

The scissors seem pretty situational, but would be nice against a facecamping Leatherface.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Bomb Lasagna

It's a tray of lasagna with a bomb inside. If anyone tries to eat it, it explodes. This will down all survivors within a 8m radius and stun the killer for 30 seconds.

"There's a bomb in the lasagna!?" - Secret Agent Doug Funnie

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

I think a stun on demand would be a bit broken, so making it a stun extender makes it much fairer and like you said, easier to balance.

As for the scissors, while niche, I think it would be a quite unique and fun perk overall ^^