Why does STBFL still take effect within close proximity to a hooked survivor?

Options
indieeden7
indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,330
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

I really think this perk needs toning down in regards to its effectiveness in camping, no other perk makes hook saves or even trades practically an impossibility, and I really think it does not need to have an effect within 1-2 metres of a hooked survivor. Have it gain / lose stacks within that area, sure, but the actual reduced cooldown effect can be oppressive to the point of unfair, and I don't think it's been needed ever since the basekit reduced attack cooldown was implemented.

Comments

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Only thing I think of STBFL is that it shouldn't let the killer recover faster than the survivor's sprint after getting hit. That's just a bit too much.

Other than that, I think it's fine. You can still try to save at your own risk or give the killer a kill and get the others out instead of going all down near the hook.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Tbh that's fair. It makes hook trading extremely unfair and or impossible in some circumstances. If you think about it, any killer can camp well with STBFL and a decent amount of stacks.

Getting tokens is easier to do if you camp someone actually because free hits.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

As long as it's not the obsession on hook they can force them to lose stacks.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,487
    edited October 2022
    Options

I think it should be reduced to 4% per token honestly. It was fine with the old cooldown, but it’s a bit overbearing after 6.1.0 especially for camping.

• indieeden7
    Options

But if the killer doesn't have STBFL, you can do something about it. I'm not saying that camping isn't an issue on its own but STBFL is what makes saving the hooked survivor nigh on impossible. The change I proposed would not change the perk in any way apart from when a killer is camping. Much like how certain survivor perks are disabled under specific circumstances, I feel as though it needs to be done with STBFL as well.

• indieeden7
    Options

This wouldn't have much of an effect on punishing hook bombing, 1-2 metres is a tiny area of space, like 0.25 - 0.5 seconds of distance from the hook. Most times you will be able to hit the person going for the save before they reach that area. I just think something needs to be done about the fact that survivors who aren't part of a coordinated SWF (or if the hooked survivor is the obsession) are literally forced to just leave the person on hook to die.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Why should we nerf a perk just because of one niche situation which is still counterable?

Yes it makes end game saves a little harder, but seriously the killers using a perk for it...

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,784
    Options

As someone that loves STBFL, I'm not against it. The perk makes impossible to even get trades.

• indieeden7
    Options

Did you even read my post? This nerf will only affect the perk in the "niche" (camping has been prominent ever since basekit reduced cooldown buff) situation that I'm complaining about. Outside of a camping situation, the perk will act exactly the same as it currently does.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,176
    Options

because it's a perk that starts with 0 value and takes time to ramp up, 8 hits without the obsession getting involved. 5 Meters is so negligible this would for sure be a repeat of base BT at 5 seconds where people would claim it was beyond worthless and want it ramped up more to 10/15/even higher values. Hook trading, whether due to a killer camping, or EGC where the killer has no reason to leave and has 8 stacks of STBFL is SUPPOSED to be difficult. You should not be able to easily do a "I rush in to unhook, I dead hard immediately after, my teammate body blocks for me with BT + their exhaustion perk, and we all lol to the exit gate". It needs to require more than 1 survivor. The killer is dedicating 25% of their loadout to reduce their melee cooldown timer.

If you are suggesting a numbers nerf then that's fair, but the 4% per token suggested makes it actually worse than the 6.1.0 version by .036 of a second(assuming I did my math right), I don't think .036 of a second is going to make a difference in this scenario.

Is it unfair in that SWF can coordinate easier than solo to do that? Absolutely, but we can say that about literally any survivor interaction right now. Gens(prioritizing, finished gens in progress, stopping regression, avoiding 3 gens, etc), healing, saves are all significantly harder/impossible in solo compared to swf and that's just a part of the game until some kind of comm system is introduced(ping, voice, whatever)

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Yes I did and I dont agree. What If a survivor is near a hook mid game does it just take away stacks for no reason? Seems abusable to me...

Perks fine as it is, you can still trade and if the obsession takes the hit first it's easier and if the obsession is hooked they likely dont have max stacks unless the obsession isn't very good.

Theres also perks which can help you unhook faster, but people dont want to use perks to counter things they struggle with when that's mainly the whole point of perks

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

Camping is never going to stop. If someone is camping, do gens, and leave the match. Expecting to be able to rescue everyone is like killers expecting to 4k every match.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

You have to earn stacks on this perk and there are times where you just have to bite the bullet and lose your stacks as you cant afford to not take a chase that will likely result in a down.

Nothing wrong with STBFL at all as it is

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,570
    Options

It definitely would, I'm talking about survivors sneaking behind you to unhook while you just turn around. The kind of players that effectively force you to camp, and then whine in post game chat about it.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Don't like it? Run Desperate Measures!

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Technically the Obsession can meat shield to reset the perk. The killers I’ve faced who run STBFL are either inept or don’t care because they tunnel out their obsession before end of trial while running the perk. I don’t really see it as problematic for that reason.