We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

2 vs 8 mode

would be great to finally hear a devs thoughts on this. I think the game need more then just one mode and 2 vs 8 would be fun

Comments

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

would be great to finally hear a devs thoughts on this. I think the game need more then just one mode and 2 vs 8 would be fun

Support, but only if there are 2 teams and killers compete with each other
  • I_am_final
    I_am_final Member Posts: 36

@Blueberry said:
    They need to focus on properly balancing the normal mode before they even think about a 2v8

oh look i was wondering when someone would say this because someone all ways says this #########

• I_am_final

@BACKSTABBER said:
    I_am_final said:

Support, but only if there are 2 teams and killers compete with each other

i was think 2 killers vs 8 survivor all on the same map and i know the maps would have to bigger then they are right now

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:
    They need to focus on properly balancing the normal mode before they even think about a 2v8

oh look i was wondering when someone would say this because someone all ways says this #########

Well what do you want? dog crap piled on top of horse crap on top of chicken crap? the game has so many issues as it is and you want to spilt the community even more between 2 game mods that would both be full of equal problems? think before you speak.

• I_am_final

@Samwise said:

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:

Well what do you want? dog crap piled on top of horse crap on top of chicken crap? the game has so many issues as it is and you want to spilt the community even more between 2 game mods that would both be full of equal problems? think before you speak.

first i would be a game mode for fun not rank and if you dont like that dont play it, two i would like to play as a killer with a friend

• I_am_final

@Latin_Kidd92 said:
    Only way they can do 2 killers vs 7/8 survivors would be only after dedicated servers

yeah i know the only reason i posted this is because i have been asking about this for a while now and have never got a dev or someone important on dbd team to answer the question

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:

Maybe that should tell you something then. Like maybe it's a bad idea.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:

Oh look you posted the usual response without even acknowledging they've got a valid point.

Legion imbalance issues.
    SWF balance issues.
    Solo balance issues.
    Totem balance issues.
    End Game balance issues.
    DS balance issues.
    Map balance issues.
    Unreal Engine issues the whole lot of em due to Epic's update like peoples games crashing causing 3v1 or even 2v1.

I mean it's not like any of those let alone the last one are more important than a new game mode.

• I_am_final

@powerbats said:

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:

Oh look you posted the usual response without even acknowledging they've got a valid point.

Legion imbalance issues.
    SWF balance issues.
    Solo balance issues.
    Totem balance issues.
    End Game balance issues.
    DS balance issues.
    Map balance issues.
    Unreal Engine issues the whole lot of em due to Epic's update like peoples games crashing causing 3v1 or even 2v1.

I mean it's not like any of those let alone the last one are more important than a new game mode.

no they sure are not

• powerbats
    edited February 2019

@I_am_final said:

@powerbats said:

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:

Legion imbalance issues.
    SWF balance issues.
    Solo balance issues.
    Totem balance issues.
    End Game balance issues.
    DS balance issues.
    Map balance issues.

no they sure are not

Ok you just lost any credibility in this debate then if you actually think game breaking stuff shouldn't be fixed before a pet project that would suffer from same issues.

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76
    i think a 2v6 would be better honestly. I think there would just be to many survivors if it was 8 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    1. A mode for friends to play killer together is a good idea. Think of how many mention they main survivor simply to play alongside friends. 
    2. Nobody is asking for a bugged out new mode. I would hope the Dev's if ever would release a polished working version. And yes after addressing current issues.
    3. A who can kill the most mode would also be fun if incorporated after a co-operative mode. God knows sharing the carnage would be more enjoyable than a 5th competitor to stress your ability.
  • I_am_final

@Kim said:
    i think a 2v6 would be better honestly. I think there would just be to many survivors if it was 8 

i only put 8 as the default

• I_am_final

@powerbats said:

@I_am_final said:

@powerbats said:

@I_am_final said:

@Blueberry said:

Legion imbalance issues.
    SWF balance issues.
    Solo balance issues.
    Totem balance issues.
    End Game balance issues.
    DS balance issues.
    Map balance issues.

no they sure are not

Ok you just lost any credibility in this debate then if you actually think game breaking stuff shouldn't be fixed before a pet project that would suffer from same issues.

no i am not say that they should not fix the base game but it would be fun to have a new. now feel free to ######### off

• powerbats

@I_am_final said:

no i am not say that they should not fix the base game but it would be fun to have a new. now feel free to [BAD WORD] off

Yet that's how you cam off with your response that they shouldn't fix the base game 1st however and if you go back and look at what you posted you'd see that.

Oh and didn't you know I'm the resident fossil and I LIVE HERE WORM !!!!!!!!!! 😁😜

Now just to be clear I'd like a new game mode as well and if you were to go look at the various other threads where this has been discussed Ad Nauseum.

You'd see how many pro's and cons there really is and how much actual work is required to make it functional since it's not as easy as just adding more gens, you'd have to have way bigger maps. There'd have to be a very specific set of perks that're allowed and same for killers etc.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,241
    edited February 2019
    Identity v has a team killer mode with some additional rules. God i shouldve put the somwhere i can copy them from.
    2v8

7generators to open doors, 10-11 on map. -30% repair speed.

Only the 2 biggest maps in rotation available

3hits to down a survivor, instantdowns count as 2. Dunno how that affects healing, but effectively 2 injured states.

Both basements spawn.

Survivors cannot be unhooked for 30seconds dunno if that counts as sacrifice time or a delay before.

Some special item shop spawn all over the map, survivors can buy items and killers upgrades.

Survivors can carry 2 items.

I think that was all.

While killers are in the same team, there arent any coop-bp-scores,
     The game also counts the hits, downs and "grabs"  on score screen.

And lol to needing to balance 2v8 differently than 1v4, the difference is in the rules.
    Post edited by Raptorrotas on
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Blueberry said:

Not to mention a better matchmaking system overall since right now the host for the 2v8 game could be the one using McDonalds Wifi.. and that crap cannot handle a normal 1v4 to begin with.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Blueberry said:

This so much.
    The devs have so many points on their to-do-list, thinking about a 2v8 mode is super low priority.

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36

Sad truth is a different game mode would be a welcome change, sadly all that is on the to do list for the devs is next killer, map and survivor and what new cosmetics will be next. I can really see no effort from the team to make real fixes / balance changes to the game. I think if people would boycott buying any and all cosmetics that might pressure the devs to actually fix stuff and put a hold on new content / cosmetics.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,020

why do people want a 2v8 mode?

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Because killers need friends too.