POV: when it's not the survivors just DCing at the hint of things not going their way

Halloulle
Halloulle Member Posts: 1,271

There are a myriad of threads where people complain about survivors DCing. - But this is not that. It's the other side of the coin. Killers doing the exact same thing.

Really, it's been ridiculous. It's either killers with their strongest add-ons and builds easily 4k-ing at 4 or 5 gens -- or killers DCing as soon as they can tell it's probably not gonna be a chill 4k.

What the f is going on the past few days? I don't remember it being that bad.

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Killer DCs seem pretty rare compared to survivor DCs, though. Granted, some of it is probably because you see way more survivors than you see killers. In survivor matches, you see 3 survivors and 1 killer, and in killer matches, you see 4 survivors and no killers at all. There is definitely less exposure.

But even with that in consideration... yeah, I see killers that ditch when their hex pops at the start, or when they get hardcore juiced for a few minutes, or right before everyone's about to escape as some kind of futile f you. But I don't think it's a problem on the same level that survivors DCing is. It at least ends the game instead of trapping the rest of the team in a miserable depip fest.

I dunno. I've seen plenty of sweaty killers recently (particularly of the Starstruck/Agi Nurse flavor... blergh) but I haven't had a DC in a while.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703
    edited October 2022

I had a killer dc last night because of Adrenaline on my death-hook teammate that was being chased when it triggered.

After the last gen took me an extra 30 seconds to do because of needing to lead both zombies away and then coming back. I accidentally managed to get both of them stuck :’)

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

Like I dont condone DCing from anyone but the game was basically over at that point. Like the times people generally complain about survivors DCing is before they can really play the match putting the other survivors in a horrendous position. I dont generally hear people complain about survivors DCing or killing themselves on hook when there is 1 gen left or its 6 hooks and 5 gens.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Its not right when either side does it. But it is in my experience the survivor side is way more likely to DC.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,561

I used to have frequent killer dc's, but that's a long time ago. I can go an entire month without one now.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,361

The other thing to note is that there's too many people trying to justify survivor d/cing to nerf killers, but you really don't see people justify killer d/cs to nerf survivors. Hence why survivor d/cing gets talked about more.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Killer DC ends the match immediately and survivors can jump into another one right away. Survivor DC makes the match miserably continue for the rest of the players.

Yeah, both DCs are bad, but survivor dc is more harmful

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Not surprised that killers dc less often than survivors. They have the power role in this game. And they can do many things to push the survivors to dc themselves whether its hard tunneling, slugging, camping etc.

And thats the reason why generally the community especially survivors have a more "show off" attitude when they cause a killer to dc while theyll most often be more disappointed when killers cause them to dc (for being tunneled etc and not playing long enough in the game)

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2022

In my experience Killers tend to DC around 3/4 gens done with no hooks or onwards, at current state of the game you have to be very bad at Killer to reach that point.

Also they can lobby dodge what they may think its going to be a hard game, 4 Neas with ugly cosmetics and same platform? dodge, 4 flashlights? dodge, checking the profile some dude has 5000 hours and his bio reads "survivor main only, 12934138 escape streak with my buddies" plus 30 pages of "-rep this guy is a massive pain in the butt" steam comments? dodge. If Survivors could dodge Nurses, Blights and Spirits Im willing to bet around half of DC/Suicides would go away.

And then you have the queues, the side with queues tends to be less prone to DCs because they have to wait the penalty and then find a lobby, I remember a few years ago when Survivor had several minutes they DCing was rare while Killers was more common (and there werent penalties yet so you could jump in another lobby in 5 seconds).

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 416

It's always the sweaty killers that DC if they don't get a 4 man slug before a single gen pops such as nurse and blight lmao, you stun them once and they're off to calm down

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Never intentionally d/c'd when i know im done im just go stand in a corner.

Yeah you won, leave already.

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75

I honestly don't mind people throwing in the towel when the outcome is inevitable. Really the only DCs that drive me nuts are when survivors do it so early the game isn't decided. What's the point of even starting a game at that point? And you're screwing over 3 other players. If a killer DCs they really aren't screwing anyone.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Yep nothing is more boring than a game with no struggle or challenge. If a survivor DC's early I tend to just end it asap or let them get the gens done and leave and then promptly get off the game. The game should have a concede option for both side's if a survivor DC's before 2 min or at all.