We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Genrushing is still completely out of control.

Canas
Canas Member Posts: 1,021

Take a look at these survivor builds. They were done with repairing all gens in five minutes or so.

It's abundantly clear that survivors still have access to gamebreaking builds which invalidate any hope the killer could have at fullfilling his own objective. Now stack these odds with an extremely survivor sided map (Ormond) and voice comms/SWF and the game becomes entirely unwinnable.

Comments

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 956

This isn't game breaking.

Also, and ironically, yesterday I went against a Trapper who through stacking of regression perks and scourge hooks managed to get a gen I was working on to reduce from 80-90% to one 'pump' and then nothing twice. We got 1 gen done. Pretty annoying. Pretty hopeless.

It's swings and round abouts.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I love that you used Mad Grit. I don't know if you got any value from it, but I like the perk and don't see it often. Was nice instinct putting it on when you saw it was a SWF, it could have worked well :)

• Canas

I'd like to know why survivors are still getting 100% bonus bp if the killer has to put up with nonsense like this while getting far less bp on top of that.

• Canas

I managed to have 3 of them downed during endgame, two of these were thanks to Mad Grit actually. Sadly "No Mither" pretty much invalidates all of that and hooks are a bit too far away from each other to keep these downed survivors in check.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Oh, I hadn't seen No Mither ! That's really unlucky, I've never seen it being actually useful haha.

But yeah getting downs with Mad Grit at the hook is the funniest thing to me. I once had everyone on the ground because they didn't know the perk was a thing and kept thinking "one more hit and they're out !"

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

This was player choice...

From the Survivors builds... to the Killer and their build

Also this is an outlier match... sorry to say it

But at some point you must have realized what their goal was... and stopped placing Traps and went after the Survivors

No Corrupt for early game slowdown so you must have been putting Traps down on your side of the Map... Am I wrong

All four had No Mither and Resilience and Daja Vu (I think)... so yea... You needed to forget about placing Traps sooner

But all of that can only come from the end game screen not the pre-match lobby

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,869
    edited October 2022

your playing against 4 no Mithers. the day killer complain about no mither. no traps are needed against 4 no mither.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2022

You can always bring more slowdown perks if genrushing/gen speeds are a big concern.

Side note: I can't imagine how weird it would be to load into a match and see 4 No Mithers. That is truly something else.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

Because there are more people playing killer than survivors

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 369
    edited October 2022

This is when tunneling becomes mandatory. Why did you not tunnel one of them out of the match ? It becomes 3 man then , tunnel out the second , only two escape.

If I notice that I am against a heavy swf squad , like fast gens or last gen with barely no hooks , one is going down fast. Otherwise I play for fun.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

Hmmm... You brought Franklin's Demise to deal with toolboxes? Do you think they still last for enough time for you to even touch one survivor? They are gone before you reach the survivors, so stop wasting your perk slot. Franklin's is good against medkits, flashlights, and maps if you are worried about your totems, but toolboxes will all be spent unless they are using Built to Last, and in that case I don't think you can do a thing about them repairing the toolbox.

Also, you are playing Trapper. He needs some serious buffs, so even if they weren't rushing you are going to face some difficulty simply because his power is too slow.

So, you lose. Go on to your next match then. Expecting the devs to balance based off of this complete extreme is asking for them to break the game so that ONLY SWF that do this will even have a chance at winning.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

Thats a Bully Squad it happens once every 100 games or more. just go next. stop being selfish and shouting for genrush at a time where killers games are balanced 99% most of the time. if you can check profiles just dodge lobby .

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    edited October 2022

Hey a 5min game with all that stuff is pretty slow so it could be worse...

Edit: you had dead lock, that's what saved you some time. This is why I use gen defense though because a efficient team doesnt need all that for a 5min game without gen defense

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited October 2022

man if i see 4 toolboxes the one thing i will do is not staying there. its obvious what they are trying to do.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

i highly recommend putting on corrupt it helps a lot with the set up

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,963

True gigachads are using Hyperfocus without Stake Out

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

For all of them to have same add ons tells me it was a SWF. I have never seen solo survivors all bring same add ons.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Kind of like how stacking all those perks and add-ons will let them win the majority of time, much like how killers can stack slowdown perks and add-ons that let them win the majority of time.

Weird how that works.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Corrupt + Franklins if you see 3-4 toolboxes

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,408
    edited October 2022

While I agree the game was probably 100% unwinnable it relies on a 4 man SWF, 4 purple toolboxes, 4 red add-ons, a map offering and spawn offerings for full effect. Due to how infrequently this would come up in public matches, I don't see it constituting a priority.

Post edited by TheSubstitute on
  • Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

So I agree with what a lot of people said that first this was an outlier match, second that everyone brough no mither and 0 exhaustion perks, and third you are playing trapper with a backpack build and only deadlock as slowdown and no information perks. I dont think this would be near as big of an issue for a killer with chase or stealth potential or perks that helped in chase (enfury, play etc) or information (one of the 30 aura reading perks). Like dont get me wrong I love playing fun builds but when you play a fun build this is a definite possibility.

• yauniqua
    yauniqua Member Posts: 151

clearly a swf memeing.

this would never happen with solo queue.

get real.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Man, imagine if they equipped two actual survival perks instead of No Mither and Resilience.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,062

They are using 4 deja vus? Or those are 4 dark senses?

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Ok... and how many people do you come across with the same exact build, even in a SWF, this is like 0.001% of the issue atm

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    edited October 2022

TRUE gigachads run lightborn, whether killer or survivor, lol

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Is it fair? Is life fair? DBD reflects the horror of encountering something you have no hope to defeat. Both sides have games like this.

Open the gates and kill who you can so that you can start your next match. There is no win objective. DBD is best played for style points.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 594

Good lord. I have yet encounter such thing O_o. Did they all last minute item switched by any chance?

I would had move on to the next game as chances of me going against such thing only happens 1 in a billion.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,275
    edited October 2022

So, you played Trapper and lost because...?

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535

This is just one very uncommon scenario that you happened to face once, this is not happening to you every match, just get over it and move on

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

It’s kind of hard to judge and create a summary when you can only glance at their perks and items without the needed footage to see how much of what they had made a difference. Especially when you are playing a killer who has a very slow start to the match due to the way his traps work.

They are clearly together and while one cannot deny that this is kind of extra, it is also possible that they couldn’t have won had they not had those recourses. So for me like I I got that and I got everyone on last hook or something that tells me that they needed that in order to win.

The problem is not what survivors bring to the table to outweigh the balance, the problem is the gap between what you bring and what they bring could be enough to greatly tip the balance… but RNG is RNG. Imagine if it was reversed and you brought all 4 slow down perks and they brought nothing to combat that. It’s the same thing.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,364

While i agree the game was probably 100% unwinnable it relies on a god tier Nurse, Purple addons, a map offering, and good RNG for full effect. Due to how infrequently this would come up in public matches, I don't see it constituting a priority.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 381

I'm not usually one to defend gen rushing, but... this is such an odd match? They don't even have Dead Hard to pair up with that No Mither. They're exchanging 8 entire health states for a 9% increased gen speed.

They didn't even have Built To Last, so the only real gen that's getting any sort of ridiculous speed while getting done is the first one. They don't even have This Is Not Happening to pair it up with Hyperfocus, which means whatever great skill check they're hitting was a raw, legitimate hit.

Then the killer is Trapper, which is allegedly the worst killer in the game, and has two backpack perks, but at least with Franklin's.

I think you would have found more success just disregarding your traps and immediately going for hooks on them? I don't know, if I saw 4 people with No Mither while playing as Trapper I'd have skipped the entire setup phase and just go smack them.

I don't know, I feel if this was any other killer or any other build, you'd have dominated. And even then, I think Trapper could still have had chances against this as long as you reacted properly to the No Mither broken status at the beginning of the game.

This is just a very odd match.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533

👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

Yeah I mean by their own advice they could just accept their loss and move on right?

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533

Ouch and they even brought you to Ormond. Everything about this setup sucks.

I main Trapper and I will say when you get a vibe that you’re about to get a tough SWF, really good add ons are a must. For games like this, the add on that has traps that open every 30 seconds is amazing. Then if you don’t have time to set up, because you’re going straight for the survivors..it does the work for you ☺️

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

Wait... so you had a 4 stack SWF, with a full gen rushing build and the match lasted around 5 minutes.

Most matches over 10 minutes tilt heavily towards killers. 5-8 minutes is pretty good, I'm not sure exactly how long you game lasted but if it was 5 minutes with a team like that, then that implies that anything less would be longer. It sounds like the game is in a really good place for killers.

Also you were playing trapper with agitation and Mad Grit with fairly average addons against a fully stacked team with pre lobby planning and strategy. Yet you are surprised the match was a curb stomp?

Imagine 4 survivors with no perks going against a stacked Nurse or any killer really and getting curb stomped and then saying gens take too long. That's what you're doing and its really bad. The issue is killers like you don't want to try and yet think you still deserve to win? Just.. no. If anything this demonstrates how much of an advantage killers have as even with one of the weakest killers in the game, with weak perks and and weak addons and the match still lasted at least 5 minutes? Against 4 stacked coordinated survivors clearly playing their best to win?

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,408

I 100% agree that it shouldn't apply to a top tier Nurse either. You seem, understandably of course as you can't know everyone's, quite unfamiliar with my posting history.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Not the same thing because you are comparing a load out vs a power.

Her power PLUS an all slow down + add ons is what is wrong with her. Nerf the perks and that would be unfair to other killers who are much more balanced, that DO NOT break that balance. Everyone and their mother understands that Nurse WITH the perks and broken add ons is what makes her too oppressive. I mean it’s not like suddenly people aren’t going to run perks so yes it would make sense that people complain about her even in a SWF situation.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,364

You probably run into a nurse with that loadout as often as you do these types of survivors.