Flashlight Timing ( extra time to make a save ) Devs can you respond please.

Gorik
Gorik Member Posts: 175

I don't think it needs changing, most people have the timing down, and it isn't that hard to to get the hang of.

My partner has very few hours and she has now started to get the timing right.

I don't know who this change is aimed at, other than super new people to the game, or why it is happening, but in my opinion it is pretty unnecessary.

I have never heard anyone complain flashlight saves are to hard to pull off and are impossible to learn without 1000s of hours of dedication to the game.

I would really appreciate it if BHVR could give more details as to why they feel it needs to happen incase I am missing something.

The locker blind immunity seems like it might be a good change, but I still don't think it's completely necessary.

Comments

• Gorik

I hear you, but it is still not necessary in my opinion, most people that I play with, including Randoms, seem to be getting the blinds just fine even with the correction click gone.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i think this is the type of change we need to wait and see before judging how impactful it is

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

I think maybe 1 in 20 attempted flashlight saves are successful against me, maybe even less than that. For killers that know how to deal with them, they are quite difficult to pull off so I can see the adjustment being a good thing.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited October 2022

The timing is the same as always, if you fail you did it wrong and as is a huge game changing mechanic it should be done perfectly. There shoudn't be any longer window. This is not a good balance change in any way.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

The only people this change is going to really affect are the players who aren't very experienced with flashlights, who are probably going to be beyond useless anyway.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,237

Everyone on console would like to disagree.

If flashlight saves are "so easy" on PC, why can't they be easy on console too?

• Gorik

I play PC and console and I have no issues on either. I use to on console until i turned my sensitivity down a bit.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Is the group of people you know and play with big enbough of an example size to say that it is valid to call out such a thing?

I think learning flashlight saves is a pretty rough thing to learn, if not the hardest on survivor side. I think even looping is easier to learn (excluding having to learn every killer power to know appropriate counterplay).

And locker saves were necessary to go. The pure existence of double lockers giving immunity to 2 survivors with a flashlight each is pretty much the definition of a design flaw. Giving complete locker blind immunity might be a bit over the top, but in my opinion still better than having double locker abuse in the game

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,237

Unfortunately you need sensitivity turned up to full for pretty much everything else.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

Gotta ask. If you say most people have the timing down and new players seem to learn the timing quick enough anyway then what does it matter if this change is made. Surely, according to the way you put it, it won't actually make any difference in the game then why does it matter if its there or not?

If devs want to change something that will effect the 10% that are struggling what does it matter?

As a killer main i welcome this change because means more flashlights and less medkits/toolboxes in the lobby, Its a gen rush nurf :)

• Gorik

I'm not saying they shouldn't makes changes, I am just saying there is alot more in DbD that needs their attention more.

Medkits are a great example, people have had issues with them for years but no change, yet flash light timing gets done with barely a whimper from people in the way of complaints, that's what I mean when I say it is unnecessary.

• Gorik

Yeah kind of see what you mean, an example being so you can look around easier, but I play on 35 give or take 5 sensitivity depending on how I am on the day, and It is still fine.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,635

I believe all the just-safe blind dodges will now be plain blinds.

Not being very good with flashlight myself, I believe this will allow me to get them (as I'm always just a fraction of a second off). That girl in my team though, she will do ravages with this change.

• Gorik

The locker blinds I understand but it wasn't nearly as impactful as say medkits, people have seen the YT vids and tried to do it to me and I just slugged the heck out of them for it which worked fine. Again I understand though that it is somewhat and exploit that needs addressing, it just isn't something that was needed to be address by the Devs before other things that really need attention.

My group of friends is small as I started playing years before them, but playing with them has shown me how fast saves can be learnt.

Other then that my sample size is solo que experience and talking to people in end game chat and on forums.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Duo lockers are majorly broken. If you talk about what needs to be adressed, then you have 2 factors: frequency and impact. Impact is definitely a 10 out of 10 and as bad as other things like the infinite Reassurance which HAVE to go. If it has an impact of 1/10 but frequency of 10/10 then in all environments I know, the more impactful thing has the higher priority. The only things that are at a higher priority are things with also a 10 of 10 impact and a higher frequency, like the bug when survivors got stuck at the corner of the hill or when killers were glitched and not able to hook survivors.

Things like unbalanced maps are a well known and huge issue in the game, which means it has a frequency like 10/10. But the game is still playable even with unbalanced maps. The double locker scenario is simply a dead end for the killer. I would agree that map balancing is actually the higher priority, but especially in this case I guess the effort to solve this issue is like x100 compared to fixing locker abuse.

We can continue the list of validity/sample size arguments, like your post game chats only spread around your specific MMR and region. The thing I wanted to point out is, that you may surely have and say your opinion, but you can't rely on it and state it as fact. Which you didnt. I just wanted to say "different opinion here" and make clear that you might not have seen the whole picture yet. And BHVR probably has it, as they have stats to look at (surely discussable if their fixing priorities and stats analysis is good or bad, but they definitely have a bigger picture than we have)

• Gorik

What shocked me most about your post was that you actually responded constructively and like an adult, something rare in forums so I thank you whole heartedly for that.

I can also see where you are coming from regarding my MMR and area being an issue when it comes to data, something I didn't take into account if I am honest as it slipped my mind, so thank you for pointing it out.