Best tip to preserve your mental health during soloQ

Options
Okonar_
Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

If theres = or more than 2 kates or mikaelas in your team, dodge the lobby. Trust.

Comments

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Baby/Stock Claudettes and Dwights are the ones to avoid in my experience. Claudette will spend the entire match Self-Caring and Dwight will spend the entire match in a locker.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,071
    Options

Easier said than done (though I'm not sure if you're after real answers or meme answers based on your first post...) but...

Just stop caring all that much if you die or not. Did you get left on the hook and/or abandoned by your team after you ran the killer for 7 gens? Dang, that sucks, time to move on. Did you get killed because your teammate is a potato who hid in the corner self caring against sloppy butcher all game? Dang, that sucks, time to move on.

The nice thing about this attitude too is that it allows you to play more freely and maybe do something cool. Like I'm the kind of survivor who will go for the hero saves at the EGC because it is super fun. Sure, I get myself killed 9/10 doing those BUT those 1/10 times, you're GD Superman to the poor bastard you saved AND you got away too.

If you die, you die. Hopefully you got to do something cool in the process shrug

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

Default Kate players are easily the worst of all the baby survivors, very closely followed by default David players

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I would've said to take breaks... instead of hitting that ready button right after getting back to the main menu

But that's just me...

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

If a teammate has prestige that’s higher than 40, they’ll very often D/C as soon as they’re downed. You’ve been warned!

• Okonar_
    Options

yea claudette used to be the OG one, but nowadays is more like kate, mikaelas and the classic megs

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

Just accept the fact that most killers are sweaty try hards who treat every game like its game 7 of the DBD World Championship and is going to use every dirty trick in the book to get their coveted 4k.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,150
    Options

Lmao this right here, I always avoid baby Claudettes, they're the ones hiding not doing gens in a remote corner somewhere even when the killer is all the way across the map, if I see a claud with less than prestige 9 I'm always dipping out there's literally no point in clicking ready just to already be in a 3v1 from the start

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

For me it was Nancy and Feng in the past. Fengs were the ones that thought they were the best players but failed horribly and got people killed. Then they'd crouch spam the Killer and get spared cause horny Killers. Nancys were so bad they were actively killing the team with unsafe unhooks and no ability to hit skill checks... ever.

Now I play way less and only fear Mikaela. If she isn't booning a totem... she is searching for a totem to boon. Doesn't matter if that Gen is 95%. Doesn't matter 2 people are slugged and one is hooked. The boon has to be done.

• Okonar_
    Options

I'm not mad, its just an observation from what usually happens when I get many kate/mikaelas in the same team. I play soloq survivor for most of the time and I'm pretty chill and enjoy it, killer has got boring for me, I will wait until some interesting new killer comes out.

• Okonar_
    Options

not killers fault when the survivor is literally inting the match standing still in a corner not going for saves, not doing gens and wasting pallets :x

• Okonar_
    Options

yea feng and neas are usually the ones who bm a lot and try to make an epic youtube montage and fail

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,073
    Options

And then have a complete meltdown if they encounter 4 survivors trying as hard as they are

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited October 2022
    Options

I always lobby dodge Claudettes and Fengs, they're usually horrible teammates

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I have learned that the less you care about getting pips, the less angry you get about most aspects of the game. I focus on doing challenges and having fun with certain builds, and the pips will come regardless of how hard I try to escape. But, the second I try to pip up and "tryhard" is the moment I get the most upset.

The reality is rank really doesn't mean anything anymore, it's a way to get a some free blood points, but aside from that no one ever sees it anymore, so whats the point of caring about it? There isn't one.