About toxic play

I refuse to believe that any strategy that is preformed with the intent to win can be considered toxic

And I do mean ANY strategy no matter how annoying it is for either side. DS, flashlight spam ect. If you are using them to annoy the killer then it is toxic, however if you are using it so you can win then that's playing the game.

NOED isn't toxic
The hatch isn't toxic
DS isn't toxic
Flashlights aren't toxic
Gen rush isn't toxic
Camping isn't toxic
Looping isn't ######### toxic

Toxic is being hateful. Trying to annoy you is toxic, yelling at people for just stating their opinion is toxic. Trying my best to win is not toxic no matter how OP the tools being used are.

Comments

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    Amen.

Toxic is a survivor taunting via teabagging or flashlight clicking after every pallet stun or blind. Toxic is a killer rubbing in their hook by spamming their attack on a hooked survivor. Toxic is holding the game hostage for the express purpose of needlessly asserting some sort of faux superiority over the other side. Toxic is going into the post game chat and dropping verbal abuse in the chat.

All I see on this forum about "toxic" gameplay is people whining about getting outplayed, or repeatedly encountering the same "cheap" perk builds and refusing to adapt.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Most toxic survivors love using DS (breaks momentum, especially when a non-obsession got it) and flashlights (wastes valuable seconds, can break momentum through saves) and most toxic players are also really proficient at looping.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I wholeheartedly agree.

• Poweas

@se05239 said:
    Most toxic survivors love using DS (breaks momentum, especially when a non-obsession got it) and flashlights (wastes valuable seconds, can break momentum through saves) and most toxic players are also really proficient at looping.

I'm a good looper but some people call me toxic :(

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I consider using flashlights during pallet break animation toxic if the people don't use it to actually hide but just to annoy me.

Besides that, flashlight triggering, teabagging, hitting on hook, nodding or otherwise taunting can be considered toxic. Endgame chat / profile comment insults aswell, obviously.

All the others thing are, as you said, just gameplay related tactics used to help people winning the match. Slugging included. 5 Blink NOED Nurse included. Sweaty, but not toxic.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

how good at looping are ya? what is your record of loops in the typical crappy house most of maps have?

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    The game doesn’t become toxic until I receive a negative messsge from the other players. Otherwise, I don’t really care what you do during the game. 
  • Poweas
    edited February 2019

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

how good at looping are ya? what is your record of loops in the typical crappy house most of maps have?

Since I run Balanced, I can loop them for at least a gen until I waste a pallet on both xbox and PC. If I don't fall for their mindgames which I rarely do, for looping, I'm good. On xbox rank 1 I can run killers for 5 gens. On PC rank 1, I can manage 1-2 gens. But I got an advantage on xbox since killers can barely turn.

• BACKSTABBER

@Poweas said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

Since I run Balanced, I can loop them for at least a gen until I waste a pallet. If I don't fall for their mindgames which I rarely do, for looping, I'm good. On xbox rank 1 I can run killers for 5 gens. On PC rank 1, I can manage 1-2 gens. But I got an advantage on xbox since killers can barely turn.

I think you still can improve, try to extend more the breaking of the pallet by juking in the window....

• Poweas

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

Since I run Balanced, I can loop them for at least a gen until I waste a pallet. If I don't fall for their mindgames which I rarely do, for looping, I'm good. On xbox rank 1 I can run killers for 5 gens. On PC rank 1, I can manage 1-2 gens. But I got an advantage on xbox since killers can barely turn.

I think you still can improve, try to extend more the breaking of the pallet by juking in the window....

I can definitely still improve. It's why I love this game because you can't really be stuck at a spot, you'll improve. Thanks for the advice I'll window juke. Do you have PC by any chance, we could practice?

• BACKSTABBER

@Poweas said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

I can definitely still improve. It's why I love this game because you can't really be stuck at a spot, you'll improve. Thanks for the advice I'll window juke. Do you have PC by any chance, we could practice?

I learn from Och*do how to but im too noob as surv yet to practice at ur level~~ thanks anyways

inb4 hope not to get banned by mentioning the one that should not

• Poweas

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

I learn from Och*do how to but im too noob as surv yet to practice at ur level~~ thanks anyways

inb4 hope not to get banned by mentioning the one that should not

You shouldn't get banned. If you ever feel like practicing to hone your skill, post it on my profile I'll gladly help. Just make sure it's sometime this week, since I don't play on PC much and this week is my only chance to since I got college.

• se05239

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

I guess that boils down to if you T-bag at every chance you get, use flashlights to blind at every pallet and heal constantly when given the chance. If no, then you're definitely not toxic in my book.

• Poweas

@se05239 said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

I guess that boils down to if you T-bag at every chance you get, use flashlights to blind at every pallet and heal constantly when given the chance. If no, then you're definitely not toxic in my book.

I point sometimes but for fun :)

• se05239
    edited February 2019

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

for fun :)

T O X I C

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2019
    se05239 said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

Of those only t bagging is actually toxic. Flashlighting at every pallet is proper use of them. Healing is just obviously beneficial 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

The most toxic thing about this game is the end game chat honestly.

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262
    Oh yeah. Probably going to take hate for this but: Legion moonwalk is ALSO not toxic
  • Poweas

@se05239 said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

@Poweas said:

@se05239 said:

for fun :)

T O X I C

;(