Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Camping and Tunneling is still in the game, but let’s nerf locker saves!

Camping the hook till someone goes 2nd stage or tunneling someone who is just unhooked.. it happens way too much! I get camping at endgame cuz you can’t do much either. Tunneling is happening WAY TOO MUCH! It’s not fun seeing survivors get tunneled out like that hoping they have OTR or DS so they can fight back. The saddest part is a really decent Killer tunneling/camping a survivor who doesn’t even look back or pre-dropping pallets while getting chased. I don’t get why this is still in the game. And don’t say things like: ‘ItS a VaLid TaCtIc’, cuz your only making people miserable and forcing them not to play anymore! But hey, let’s nerf locker saves, cuz Killers can’t chase the other 2 people who are doing gens atm. This is so unfair for people who went for locker saves who didn’t do it every game! BHVR, you already nerfed flashlights (I used to click and then spin but now I can’t anymore) and just cuz of some people who couldn’t stand flashlight, the weakest item of the game complained about it too much.

This was yesterday: I was happy to see a Booba cuz it’s been a while but he played it dirty and did this with every teammate!

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Bubba's camping potential needs to be addressed but the locker saves absolutely needed to go.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

By locker saves you mean the squads that would go hide on a locker to get infinite flash saves? Thank god they changed that, I got 2 teams that used that tactic and it was a nightmare.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171
    edited November 2022

Im more confused about that input binding more than anything else. Who uses Square to get off of hook? Ive never seen that before, everyone I know uses R1 or L1, sometimes R3 and L3, but never anything on the D-pad.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

They're not gone yet but they're being removed in the next patch.

Going forward, killers will receive blind immunity when pulling a survivor from a locker (and flashlight saves are being made a little easier in all other cases).

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Locker saves might have well been a bug if you ask me.

But camping and tunneling are both valid and very much happen because of the other survivors 😁

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

I think the flashlight adjustment buffer was added because they recently ner—I mean “accessibilitarized” flashlights & had fog whisperers complaining because it made saves more difficult, since survivors cannot adjust anymore.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

no further things can be done to address tunneling, they gave you basekit bt so you're always guaranteed a second chance of a chase but how long is that chase depends on you (if you suck then you suck) and you also have anti tunneling perks for when after the bt runs out.

as for camping there's no clear and easy solution to camping that wouldn't be abusable and hurt non camping killers but until the devs get that figured out you have plenty of anti camping perks like (deli - reassurance - kinship - kindred) that can help against that kind of playstyle

besides what does fixing an abusable mecanic has to do with nerfing playstyles?? and do you think they should stop fixing anything until they fix camping first?

• Queensassiej
    Queensassiej Member Posts: 9

100%. Although the flashlight 'nerf' was for people who suffer from flashing lights, also those people who use flashlights to get your attention by flickering them at you was really annoying so I'd just ignore them xD I didn't even know the lock saves was a thing! Never ever seen it done (whether playing as survivor or killer) but killers can always run lightborne.....like I do...ta daa problem fixed but nope! Let's hand our killers everything they want on a gold platter! They should definitely do something that stops the face camping and tunnelling, I've seem somewhere that the devs themselves say its not even a tactic and shouldn't really be used as one. Giving the killers some kind of consequence to face camping would DEFINITELY help to reduce it. It's just boring ass game play and isn't fun for anyone, especially the one on the hook. I play in a SWF and I'm sometimes the first one dead coz of camping killers then I just have to sit there an watch the rest of my team play....ye loads of fun that!

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Two different problems, Two different solutions

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064
    edited November 2022

Serious question: How common were locker saves, excluding situations that were specifically engineered by survivors to exploit them?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Again, Locker Saves being changed is not as easy as changing Tunneling and Camping as alot of the changes possible have some oversights, and would also result in some killers needing to be looked at after as some excel in camping and tunneling only, and having them go down further to the floor is not a good thing, changes will eventually come after certain killers are changed first, same with certain perks for both sides

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886
    edited November 2022

In my going on 3K hours of DBD, I can count on one hand the number of locker saves I've seen that weren't being done by a coordinated SWF out to just get locker saves. They are exceedingly uncommon.

It's not a significant tunneling countermeasure, or countermeasure for anything, really.

Realistically, if you're not part of one of the aforementioned SWFs, you almost certainly won't notice locker saves are gone.

This is certainly not a hill worth dying on, and on the spectrum of features/mechanics, a big fat nothingburger.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Its not just Bubba that camping needs to be addressed with.

Camping itself is what needs to be addressed, and it shouldn’t be at the cost of nerfing killer’s abilities.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2022

1) Obvious false equivalence

2) Camping and Tunneling will never be removed from the game. They would literally have to restrict people from being able to use any inputs within specific parameters, making a mess of already messy code and taking away from much more important issues like map design and SoloQ/Weak Killer balancing

3) The irony. "This is so unfair for people who went for locker saves who didn't do it every game!" but yet you want to permanently remove two sources of pressure from everybody in the world because a select portion of the player base is unable to function without doing it excessively

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,134

Not that common. Obviously irs gonna be more common in swf rather solos, but not enough to where it was a problem.

• LazyClown
    LazyClown Member Posts: 171

Run reassurance and hyperfocus. Then the 3 survivors leave. Your mmr as a team will go up, 1 kill is a loss for killer common sense. Then move on to the next match.

The other idea is not to get caught in the first place, same perks for the team but predrop the pallets( to also avoid spirit fury, nemesis, pwyf etc.) Hell use map offerings for God sakes stop whining use strategy against the killers strategy. Lol

The last bit of info let known about solo queue since the morons only excuse is this is situation, if youre playing in this form and are still complaining about losing. You will have to form a team since survivor is a team role. Otherwise get used to losing or use solo queue as a practice ground to learn instinct and good teamwork without comms.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Brand New Part and Ranger Med-Kits are still in the game, but lets buff Flashlight-Saves.