If you could only run one perk...what would it be?

Options
Jay_K
Jay_K Member Posts: 411

So i have been thinking about this for a while now. Every time new perks are released the same forum posts come up again and again.

"this perk is to OP when combind with this perk" or "This perk makes this perk OP"

Now although they are fair forums and often are very justified I wanted to see what everyone would run if they could no longer combine perks.

So for killer and Survivor what would be the single perk you would run to give you the most advantage?

Ill go first

For Killer I would simply run Franklins Demise - The reason for this is because it can remove item charges from the game rendering them useless your often removing a lot of power from the survivors. not to mention protecting yourself against flashlight saves. I feel comfortable enough in the killers I main to run just this perk so i think for me at least it would give me the most value (yeah if they run no items and don't loot any chests in game its kinda wasted)

For survivor I think i would go for Alert - I have recently started playing survivor and fell in love with this perk. It gives such good information for tracking the killer and i think gives me the most advantage in game.

So what would everyone else run?

Also any devs who see this im curious of what you would run.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,992
    Options

For Killer: Brutal Strength, there is something that is so satisfying about just breaking pallets really quick, it's like a mix of the audio and the explosion of wood happening on the screen.

For Survivor: Any Means Necessary, it combines the utility of being able to see dropped pallets and pick them up with an unintended effect similar to Alert, if you see a pallet aura disappear, you know that the killer broke that pallet and that they are over there, works on stealth killers unlike Alert. Just overall a good perk.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

Killer: pain resonance

Survivor: kindred

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

Empathy

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 568
    edited November 2022
    Options

Probably lethal pursuer. I like to get into the action fast and I use that perk in a lot of my builds.

For survivor it would probably be windows of opportunity. It's nice to have it early game, but I think it really shines in the late game because you can see which areas are dead zones very easily.

• himheart
    himheart Member Posts: 87
    Options

Windows

And old Barbecue ;)

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Options

Kindred because I play solo survivor unless I want my teammates to not know who is going for the unhook or if the killer is camping I will be bringing it. Yes really

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Bond! Find survivors to heal you, see what happens around, get info on where the killer is, or where gens are etc etc. So much important info in one perk.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Killer: Whispers- Cause I am lost without it

Survivor: Kindred- Cause I at least want to see what my teammates are doing after every hook... Plus When I get hooked they can see each other

• Solomonkane
    Solomonkane Member Posts: 112
    Options

No mither, I'll never be slugged ever again

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Survivor: windows of opportunity for sure. I don't know the map tiles well enough to be able to run killers without it. But with it I have run some insane chases.

Killer: hard one, probably sloppy butcher or spies from the shadows.

• Jay_K
    Options

I think your the only player in the world running spies from the shadows mate XD

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Survivor : I would probably have to take Windows, because I struggle to see pallets otherwise. But assuming I could see them, I'd probably take We'll Make It.

Killer : Probably Chili & Barbecue. I don't even play it regularly, it's not in any of my permanent builds, but if I only had one perk to take this seems like the one I could draw the most use from.

• Objectively_speaking
    Options

Flashbang, It has saved me so many times when I need those two seconds of blind to reach a new loop.

Killer | Dead Lock because it will give me extra time no matter what and works on every map.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I would say Kindred for survivor and Agitation for Killer. Kindred helps me a ton as a soloq player and helps the other players too. If you're wondering about Agitation, idk why but it became one of my favorite perks at one point and now I run it on a lot of killers.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 386
    Options

Mettle of Man.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,361
    Options

Survivor: Kindred easy peasy

Killer: NOED 😈

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 217
    Options

Survivor: Lithe

Killer: Pain resonance - lol I feel naked and exposed without it

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Self Care....why.... because I want to torment my fellow "Survivors" because my last 10 matches I was left to die on hook while everyone else crouched in a corner

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

Leader and Corrupt Intervention

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Sprint burst and corrupt intervention

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

Sole Survivor and Rancor

Sole Survivor is just way too good for solo Q. Rancor is just funny because you get rewarded so massively for failure

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

Killer: Spies from the Shadows. Finding people is always the hardest for us and whispers is to vague. It also helps with our artist shots.

Survivor: Kindred. We always feel blind without it and if we only get 1 perk, we may as well see death commin for us.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Might sound crazy, but in the current meta, my surv perk might be Distortion. I feel like killers are running more aura perks than ever, and Distortion really helps you know what they know. It is entrenched in all of my builds right now.

That or Kindred.

I'm really not sure about which killer perk I would choose, but it would probably be some sort of slowdown; Sloppy Butcher, CoB, whatever. I play many different killers, and while some don't need it, many need some slowdown.

I mean if you can have only one killer perk, NOED actually seems like a reasonable choice. I never run it normally, but I might in that scenario.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Obviously Off the record, its tunneling day 24/7. As killer it doesn't really matter, probably some aura reading perk, like Lethal pursuer, BBQ or Im all ears.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
    Options

Lithe

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Object

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited November 2022
    Options

Windows or Kindred as Survivor and Deadlock on Huntress (the only good gen defense perk left for her as i don't like the RNG of scourge hooks).

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

STBFL for M1 killers and Lucky Break for survivor

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Killer: Shadowborne

Survivor: Windows

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

Off The Record and Corrupt Intervention.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Killer: Shadowborn (It feels awfull play with default FOV)

Survivor: Kindred (solo Q)

• Trishmartinez
    Trishmartinez Member Posts: 4
    Options

I agree.. for survivor Bond is definitely a top perk. The biggest is you can see other survivors running from the killer and know if it’s ok to stay on your generator and if you need healed.. u know where to go. Or if someone needs help you can tell that noone is going for them so off you go.. for killer idk. I love Blood Warden. I have got so many total kills out of end game with that. But It’s harder to chose with killer.. so many really good ones.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

For Killers: Whispers.

I need information on my Killer and if I had to take only one info-perk it would still be Whispers. Nothing can hide you from it and with a bit of practice you are able to work out locations quit well.

For Survivor: Kindred (SoloQ), Botany Knowledge (Duo or more)

Kindred is a given. More information and coordination is very important.

Botany Knowledge is one of my favorite perks because the fast healing is useful in 29/30 times (the other is Plague). You heal much faster when patching up others and you can also pick up faster. Most times I get some good value out of this perk. Patching up other players also helps to motivate them as I noticed that people kill themself more often when you want to do just generators. As such Botany increased my escape rate quit a lot...

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,466
    Options

Bond and Brutal Strength!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Shadowborn

#notaddicted

• Jay_K
    Options

There seems to be a lot of shadow born lovers in here....Did Lilth Omen send you??? :)

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,651
    Options

For killer: Tricky call. Depends on the killer. On an M1, STBFL. On anyone else, probably Pain Resonance or Discordance.

For survivor: Off the Record. I'd like to say something else, and I'm a huge fan of perks like Desperate Measures or Windows, but survivor simply isn't playable without the tunneling protection.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Sole Survivor because only exits matter

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Woo and agitation like I said in my similar thread.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

It's a good perk to catch out survivors who slip away from a chase or are stealthing near you. I've caught a LOT of people using it.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 225
    Options

Iron will. Old iron will was my #1 perk. Its still incredibly useful.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Survivor: windows of opportunity I just can't play without it otherwise I feel powerless...

Killer: probably pain res or call of brine im not as debendent on perks with killer so hard to decide which one to pick.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

Iron Will, pre nerf.

*If I could turn back time starts playing*

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422
    Options

It really depends on the killer and for survivor solo queue or swf (and what others are running)

Killer- Lethal or Hoarder on Pinhead, Corrupt on Trapper and Hag, Maybe distortion on Nemi (to attract zombies)

Survivor- Solo queue Kindred SWF- Botany or COH both solid options

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

Survivor - Saboteur because I can't give it up and dropping hooks is comedy

Killer - Whispers because it saves me so much time not searching empty areas of the map

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810
    Options

oh thats easy for me. On survivor Windows of opportunity

And on killer look at my profile picture XD

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

for killer I'd have 100% always said corrupt intervention before it got nerfed but now i am not even sure anymore but it might still be corrupt.

for survivor tho, windows of opportunity 100%.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Because Windows of Opportunity and other aura perks are so popular I’m currently always running Third Seal plus Undying since it hard counters all of them assuming I don’t get unlucky and they break both totems right away. (Which is annoying when that happens but it fortunately doesn’t happen that often.) I think people underestimate how good Blindness is in the current meta, survivors are running Windows in particular for example quite a lot even in swfs because it’s effective not to mention things like Bond or Kindred or Wiretap, etc, so you’re often denying the use of multiple survivor perks with one condition. I also use Fearmonger because it both counters Exhaustion perks and is a further backup for Blindness as well.

All that said, though, if I only had one slot I probably wouldn’t use Third Seal since it would be a little too risky for my taste to have it just be out on a single totem. I might just stick with Fearmonger for the Exhaustion and at least a little Blindness instead, or just go with some generic slowdown like Pain Resonance since that’s just broadly useful. 🤷‍♂️