oMg aNotHeR FeNg cOsMetiC

The hatred for Feng cosmetics is out of control. Honestly, who cares this much?

Feng doesn’t even have the most cosmetics.

Feng having cosmetics doesn’t take away from others having cosmetics.

If you don’t like her cosmetics, don’t buy them.

Be upset your main isn’t getting the attention you desire, instead of being angry Feng is.

Who cares if Feng is getting cosplays??? If someone is only a big fan of the original, that is the one they are going to buy regardless. I bought the new Jill outfit (and honestly I barely like Jill, but the cosmetic was nice) AND the Feng cosplay. Why? Because it was a cool cosmetic.

I main Jane for survivor and while I’m upset she gets left out so often, I’m never like oh wow but David/Meg/Feng etc got a new one. It’s irrelevant. The point is they once again forgot Jane.

Also, had they done a cosplay of Jane’s new Halloween outfit and gave it to Feng also, I would have been ecstatic and bought hers as well.

You’re all so petty when it comes to Feng , she’s not even the survivor w the most cosmetics..but apparently no one is ready for that conversation.

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Money talks and she is one of the big earners.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited November 2022

Feng Min is not even the one with more cosmetics.

Meg have more, and Dwight and Claudette have almost the same amount, yes, that three original survivors are older, but Feng is also very old, released before the game had 1 year old (11 May 2017) and other interesting info, Kate have the good amount of 77 cosmetics and was released more than a year after Feng (12 June 2018).

There are a tendency of hating Feng just for getting skins like she is the only getting skns almost every time while specially Dwight and Claudette get skins almost as frequently. I even saw a post in DBD Reddit in which a guy uploaded a screenshots in which he showed that have all survivors but Feng like it was a prowess and the post received around 2k likes and several Reddit awards.

Please stop it.

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 183

The most picked characters get the most skins. Sucks for those of us that like the lesser used characters, but you just can't argue that from a business standpoint BHVR is making the right decision. Unfortunately the right decision is not always the most popular one.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
  • MeanieDeeny

It’s annoying to constantly read about it being inserted into every discussion. I’d like to read some new thoughts, ideas, complaints…

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Nah. Im gonna keep being consistent and complain why feng and even the original 4 survivors keep getting more treatment.

How are you a company jeopardizing ur own latest creations by not supplying them with extra cosmetics early on. But instead give it to older survivors. Its like they purposefully dont want their newest characters to succeed or be played at all. And they do it specifically to characters they know that wont be played much.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    edited November 2022

I was looking at the Cheryl and Feng outfits closely, and I noticed that the shoulder things are actually completely different. I think Feng's are actually unattached shoulder pieces while Cheryl's are attached to the outfit. Sounds like there's some noticeable differences between the two.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 421

Yeah, I only did notice that just now so they're kinda getting a bit better at it. Feng's Jill one was pretty since it's just the same one 1:1 as Jill's. Still I don't see why they can't do more like Felix's RE5 chris outfit, there's a lot of lesser characters out there in Silent Hill or Resident Evil that other survivors could cosplay as so it's just really weird when they do the same outfits but for other characters. It's like double dipping.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276

You make a post complaining about people complaining, and when I say "who cares" you reply get out. Ok :'D have fun telling everyone why you should get another outfit. Just play the game.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Feng was released 11 months after the game released and she has 5 less pieces then the highest original character.

Feng getting a ton of skins offended instead of other characters does take away from other characters because there's only so many resources to be used and they are using them constantly on Feng and leaving others to sit on the sidelines.

I cant argue with the didn't like don't buy perry spot on.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    edited November 2022

The stats bhvr posted a while ago stated that the top 3 most played survivors were Feng, Meg, and Claudette in that order. It makes sense Feng and Meg are being spammed with cosmetics, but I never see Claudette getting 5 outfits in a row.

At least Feng's cosmetics are good. Meg will get spammed with 10 ugly skins in a row before getting a decent one.

And really that's where my annoyance lies. They put effort into making her cosmetics look nice, while doing the bare minimum for everyone else. The current community contest outfit for Yui in the rift is probably her best skin she's gotten in a while. No wonder they're considering hiring community artists.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I can’t wait for Feng inspired hooks and gens too.

When a survivors goes on a hook their scream gets replaced by her scream.

When a gen blows up you hear the sound of her squeaky toy scream.

Lets make it happen!

• MeanieDeeny

I agree. I was really excited when she came out, and bought her right away..but her cosmetics are still so terrible I can’t bring myself to play her 😬

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162
  • Pyramid Head players when the quirky gamer girl gets a skin for the Silent Hill collection instead of the Silent Hill character:

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427

Feng Spirit cosplay, Feng Spirit cosplay, Feng Spirit cosplay

More seriously, I don't mind Feng getting a lot of outfits itself, but this 'cosplay' nonsense is pretty silly.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201

It's hard out here for an Elodie/Haddie main. My heart also goes out to all the Jeff and Adam mains barely scraping by.

• Don’t forget the 3 Quentin players out there suffering as the only survivor to have 0 cosmetics.

Then again, they ARE Quentin players, so I can only feel so bad.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201

At this point even if they did give Quentin a cosmetic, they'd just give Feng a cosplay version too. 😭

• HectorBrando

They take their decission based on stats showing which characters get played more thus having a wider market range and thats how the golden children got their statuses, they showed they have more potential for sales than others, why make a cosmetic for Jeff when nobody plays him? Not even when he was released and had novelty value people played Jeff, he had his chance but didnt take off and this comes from someone who used to play him until Iron Will got butchered.

Im not defending cosmetic disparity but thats how bussiness work, maximizing profit comes first always usually at the expense of lesser margin ventures.

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

Its even funnier that noone looks at the cosmetics she is getting either. Feng is one of my 6 "main" survivors (the others only for p1 to get their perks) so i bought quite a few cosmetics for her. But i gotta say, the ones i bought are the minor ones she has that actually look good in my opinion. Look what people are running, if they want to look cool then they might run streamer feng cosmetics or those cyberpunk coats. If they want to look cute its bunny feng.

there is tons of cosmetics that almost noone use on her while on Yui on the other hand (another of my main survivors, my nr.1 actually) has so much cool stuff i had a hart time choosing because you cant buy anything she has. Would be a bit expensive. The only downside is how collorful and bright all of it is but it still looks really good.

Ofc that is about taste but i think rather have some few cool cosmetics than way too many who are just reworked versions of other cosmetics you alredy have or some crossovers. While ok the Jill outfit does look cool on her.

i would appreciate more if some characters that dont have any outfits yet would get some, like Quentin or on killer side there is quite a lot of them that have only a bare minimum or none. (freddy) But having spite against feng i mean.. if the majority think its so bad it should be easy to gather votes in a poll or in the feedback section, to say on which characters most of you want to have cosmetics.

• HectorBrando

like Quentin or on killer side there is quite a lot of them that have only a bare minimum or none. (freddy)

Thats a bit different because any cosmetic for licensed characters has to be approved by the holders and apparently Nightmare on Elm Street holders are the toughest to deal with, I wouldnt blame BHVR on their lack of cosmetics, even if BHVR wanted to make more cosmetics if the license owners say "no" there is nothing they can do.

• Terion

yeah thats what i thought, i assumed licensed ones are harder to get done, didnt know that nightmare on elm street holders are known for being that tough doe. For Pig and nemesis/wesker it worked too.

• HectorBrando

There was this rumour/hearsay Nightmare and Halloween were the hardest by far, especially Nightmare, something about them being "old school" wathever that means, I suppose it has a lot of truth to it because Halloween barely has any cosmetics despite being the oldest licensed chapter and Freddy/Quentin have zero and werent on Switch until some time after the release while they were renegotiating the deal to have them available on it.

Maybe they just hate getting money without lifting a finger.

• Terion

or maybe they want to much without lifting a finger, maybe their conditions are too harsh for BHVR to get more deals.