is this fun?

Options

Returned after 2 months not playing this game since the huge patch. Played 3 games and got tunneled all the way until death.

Is this fun?

For killers I bet it is. This game will be dead soon.

gg ez

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Yes... recoding the game from scratch

Giving Killer more ways to slowdown the game... rather then just using certain perks and playstyles

Giving more incentive to getting all 4 Survivors to death hook

Stopping the gloating from Survivors at the exit gates... cause that has something to do with Killer's playing this way

I've almost done it a few times myself but was able to take a quick break and get over it

Bodyblocking also has something to do with it as well... Now I'm not saying everyone does it but it does get tiring for Killers whom don't Tunnel to then be bodyblocked into it (and then having the Survivors call Tunneling afterward)

Like what caused Killers to Tunnel in the first place... cause I remember a time when people said that Tunneling was "noobie"

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I think it's a bit pointless arguing about where the BM on either side came from, or its link to tunneling. Sure, when survivors are being [silly little gremlins], killer will tunnel and that's completely understadable. But it also happens unprompted because it's a damn efficient strategy.

We're definitely looking at a "chicken or the egg" situation.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Options

The baskit Borrowed pretty much fixed tunneling and even if they do tunnel you can at least waste a lot of time. What are the other possibilities other than reworking the game's hook system?

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Just like Gen rushing VS Camping and Tunneling I guess

It's a vicious cycle that we all played a part in (Well most of us)

But then again is that all you got from my post?

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

No, that's just all I felt like commenting on. The rest I mostly agreed with actually =)

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

The fix should be removing the possibility to camp and tunnel early game and only allow it past some point. That's the fairest way to do it, the how to is the tricky part.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

It's not fun, no. Not even for the killer I think.

However, I can make a distinction between a killer that starts to tunnel at 5 gens and a killer that only start to tunnel when only two gens are left.

One has no sense of fun, the other one sorely needs to tip the scales a bit.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

Because being genrushed is fun? I don't like tunneling/camping at all, but I want to win and if I need to tunnel/camp, I do that. As if survivors cared something not to genrush because otherwise it wouldn't be fun for the killer. Both genrush and tunneling are problems, but community is half blind and only see tunneling as a problem, but don't see that is necessary because if survivors rush gens, killer have to rush kills. If you fix genrush you fix tunneling, but when I say this everytime people answer me like I'm saying blasphemy. At this point I assume that survivors are scared about genrush being fixed because they need to learn to loop.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

Agreed, they just keep punishing half of their player base and making it too easy for killer... :(

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

Basekit borrowed time did NOT fix tunnelling or camping they just wait it out or like my last round with a tunnelling deathslinger they hold u on the chain for as long as they can until its ran out...

• rinnai
    rinnai Member Posts: 50
    Options

worst patch I've ever seen with this game - escape is like maybe 20% of games if your lucky - devs are too old & out of touch

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810
    Options

i think the buggy, broken servers are worse than all the mean strats players do in this game. Like i can take the L if someone beats me or if i just mess up but the game litteraly handicapping me and because of some "class progress error" i dont get a pip when i finally couldve hit that rank, thats way worse.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 563
    Options

The DS nerf needs to be reverted back to 5 secs so killers will actually respect it again.

Remember how killers used to slug recently unhooked survivors because of a possible DS?Killers just don’t care about a 3 sec stun as the survivor barely gets any distance.

Basekit BT doesn’t do much either as the killer will hit you immediately after getting unhooked which means DH doesn’t work either. Camping and tunneling need a desperate fix if they want to keep survivors playing. After that we can look at map balance

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Honestly tunneling as killer isn't fun but it's sometimes necessary. Especially when survivors gen rush.

• Rastabooze
    Rastabooze Member Posts: 132
    Options

DS nerf needs to be reverted. Absolutely! I will try the game in a few days after 2 months again, playing 5 games or so. Maybe I will upload the 5 games I got tunneled then ;)

• Rastabooze
    Options

returned after 2 more months, played 7 games and got proxy camped and tunneled in 5 games out of this 7.

epic DBD, epic BHVR, thx for nothing!

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

All you killers using gen rushing as a reason for tunneling/camping, you do realize that is only making the problem worse? Tunneling and camping is not going to allow you to get any pressure on survivors/gens only ensuring that gens get done way too fast.

While I mostly play survivor, I am on your side with the gen rushing. Something should be done.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,249
    edited January 2023
    Options

I mean yeah it’s unfortunate and we’d like changes but that’s what happens when the game is balanced around kills. If winning is kills people will go for kills. That’s why the game should be balanced around hooks to encourage people to go for hooks. It’s annoying I get it but it’s a development issue, not a player one.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,339
    Options

It's just as much fun as standing at a gate with nothing to do.

It's just as much as fun as tea bagging because you got away.

Perspective.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

I've queued and forgotten about queueing and come back to 4 survs that were standing at exit during EGC tbagging until the final second. Imagine spending several minutes tbagging an afk killer lol...

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    edited January 2023
    Options

Was it tunneling? Circumstance can be viewed as tunneling

• Rastabooze
    Options

it´s not a story

anyways, I begin to not care about DBD anymore, like many others

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

I agree but only if survivors can't repair gens until the killer have hooked 3 of them

I think that's fair

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

I do start to tunnel as the game begin, your fun is not my concern at all

Or you're tryin to tell me you wait at least 2 minutes between one gen and another ? Do you give time to the killer ? Let me guess...no

So why, as Killer, i have to stop using one of the best tactic in this game ? Are you going to do the same ? Let me guess...no

Why survivors can use all the best, smart, tactics and perks while the killer have to be a clown without brain and tactics ? Oh wait..you want to win right ? Guess what..i want to win as well

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    edited January 2023
    Options

You've guessed wrong.

I couldn't care less what you do : play however you want.

As killer, my rules are : avoid tunneling, avoid camping, only start killing when 2 gens are left, give hatch. There are exceptions (bad map offering, bullies, gens-before-friends, specific task, ...) but it's mostly how I do it. If killers could collect tools offered by survivors, I'd need a hangar. Yet, I've killed more than 12k survivors so far.

On the survivor side I play about as relaxed : I like gimmicky builds. I seldom use a tool, I always try to escape if I can but I'll not mind doing a swap to save someone else. When a killer camps and tunnels from the start, he loses my respect. But in the end, it doesn't really matters : I'll forget he exists before the next match ends.

• Dbdfan398
    Dbdfan398 Member Posts: 184
    Options

I only tunnel now because gens fly so fast that its a must to get it down to 3v1 ASAP.

They added 10 seconds to gens, but added perks to speed gens up. Also now theyre making previous entire builds basekit, it allows survivors to bring entire builds around slamming out gens.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

That's a false assumption. You cannot 'fix genrush' without actively doing something to 'fix tunneling'. People do not exclusively tunnel because they feel they have to to win. This game has the worst community I've ever seen. Toxicity is woven into every layer of the game. Plenty of people will still do whatever they can to ruin someone else's experience period. As long as it's possible to tunnel. You will have tunnelers, as long as it's possible to camp, you will have campers. As long as it's possible to bodyblock a teammate to make sure the killer get them, there will be people that sandbag teammates.

These are not problems you can fix with a single change. You have to rip out the toxic rot in the game's core. But no, BHVR would rather just punish people that get upset by these things than the things themselves. At this point, I classify DbD as Digital Self harm. Only played because you hate yourself and want to be miserable.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

Basekit BT is to fix hit off hook. Not fixing tunneling.

Hook can be reworked like spawn survivors to another hook across the map like Pyramid's cage, and even better with giving basekit DS that disable when healed.

The game should be make sure each chase is 2 health states chase, not chasing off hook (1 health state) or with DH (3 health states).

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

Actually I would say most of the time it's relatively new killer players.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    edited January 2023
    Options

Tunneling is born to counter genrush. Stop. Few people tunneled before genrush was actually a problem, and you can see by yourself that at top mmr if you don't tunnel at least 1 guy out is gg ez because of the incredible efficiency of the swf you find. The real problem is that bhvr is scared to touch survs things only because the majority of players are surv main, and they're scared of review bombing and people stop playing. Look at this forum, is 99% of surv main who still cry for eruption. And tunneling/camping/genrush aren't toxicity, are playing efficiently. Toxicity is for example the bully squad, the killers who leave all 4 survs down and wait for them to die, those who insult you in chat/private. This is toxicity, not tunneling and genrush.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,760
    Options

It didn't fix tunneling, it was quite the opposite

Now killers are tunneling more because of the basekit BT

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,760
    Options

And btw, if I see a killer tunneling at 5/4 gens, I go to the killer and force a kill

They want easy games? They will have it

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 571
    Options

All the game I have since two hours are with killer who only camp/tunnel right after the first hook, even if no gen was done...

I dunno what happen, maybe just the event, or people who want to be toxic as hell ...

I know that some survivor can be also toxic, it's not what I mean, but when it happen, play like a bastard if you want... But when survivor did nothing wrong... Or maybe, if I read the killer book rules, because only one have a flashlight, or DH ... It's just sad...

It's also funny to see some people here saying "Yeah, it exist because [Insert some reason here] .. And when Dev do something about that, the tunneling, camping, slugging are more present than before... Look, killer complain about DS, DH and some other perks, that got nerf, did that change something with killer? No, because some other perks are bad for her

I don't think that, making more times to do a gen is a solution, it take 90 secondes, but it take 40/20 with a couple of perks... And I know, I know that, when this perks gonna be nuked/nerfed to death, people are going, again, complain because some reason, and slug, camping, or tunnelling again

Nothing can be do about that, if killer want to play like that, he's going to do that, and to ease her conscience, will simply say that a very used survivor perks forces him to do that

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

DbD RiP: 2016-2017

*2016-2018

*2016-2019

*2016-2020

*2016-2021

*2016-2022

• Rastabooze
    Options

came back after many months later, recognizing the huge dh nerf.

played 5 games, got facecamped in 2 and tunneled in 3.

so if you thought nerfing would do sth, it doesnt!

bb

• Rastabooze
    Options

omg, I played 5 more games today so far and my mates got tunneled out of the game in EVERY freaking game. In 4 games the killer camped the hook! That´s why many big streamers say: "This is DBD in 2023 right now!"

You did a great job nerfing ds and dh. Killers are laughing so hard rn and they even admit it in endgame chat.

When do you start punishing killers camping at 5 gens left? What perks exactly do you give us to punish killers when they tunnel? And please dont say "Off the record". Camping/Tunneling killers don´t give a damn about Endurance. They respected old DS though!

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

Yes maybe but also you need to give the killer something if he hooks everyone. Some kind of slowdown