Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

SURVIVORS ARE STRONG

2»

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

He's playing to win, man. Nothing wrong with that. You may both get the 2k, but it's worse from his perspective because he's actually using strategy that's supposed to be more consistent in getting kills, yet he gets the same results as you who goes for random chases and builds because you're at low MMR and can get away with it. I see many big problems with this, mostly the idea that this community has about killer doing well, or how well they should do. They're all like "Getting a draw? That's a really good outcome!" Only in this game, man.

• danielmaster87

Exactly! Not only is Wraith not that good, but survivors on your own skill level should basically always beat you.

• danielmaster87

Casuals shouldn't care, else they aren't casual. You can't focus on winning or complain that you can't win, yet also claim to play for fun.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

At the end and even more with MMR, it's just both sides playing their objectives (gens and kills) as efficient as possible.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited November 2022

They aren't.

I'm remarking that their entire point (which they so eloquently spelled out) was how they were upset that people were mad at them for playing in a very unfun style of gameplay.

If you aren't going to care about other people's fun, do not be surprised when they don't care about yours. Seems fair to me, tbh.

Also, their complete dismissal instead of having a discussion tells me this post is almost certainly baiting reactions.

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

i play some soloQ too and i too get camped or tunneled sometimes, but more often it is teammates swarming around the killer that causes bad games to happen. Escaping shouldnt be seen as a "must be" condition aswell as not 4k. Im not that one killer main that goes for 4k sluggs but i also dont want to go out my way to make it easy for you.

You say one single mistake can cost you the game, thats the same on killer, while it feels you are DEPENDAND on survivors making mistakes by their own. If they play everything perfect there is nothing you can do, it just is. A killer has to do much more within one trial than a survivor, he has to deal with 4 people doing their objective at the same time, thats the nature of 4v1. So it mindboggles me how people feel to give that 1 guy that plays against 4 all those various so called "rules" to follow.

As i said i only care for the 4k if i have a challenge about it, otherwise the last one can have hatch, i dont even race to find hatch i rather break some pallets or doors and if i happen to find it, i will sure close it. I dont pay mind to when im actually tunneling, i do a lot of "proxy camping" another fancy made up word. Because most killers are not very mobile. You want me to walk with trickster or hag the whole map`? no way im going to do that. I locate my best possible 3-gen and make sure to get rid of pallets around that area early. I will not go out my way to tunnel just you if it doesnt serve me any good but i certainly will not hold back either. I want my points.

I understand that it can feel frustrating, to me survivor feels way easyer because maybe my killer mmr is in a challenging spot. But with how fast the gens blow killers rarely have any other choice than to use some tactics which dont might taste to well for the others. You think getting looped or having gens get finished left and right within the first 2 minutes is fun? You dont hear killers scream "stop looping" do you?

You all need to understand its not something out of spite, we just wanna win man. Like it should be normal, and having so much toxicy thrown at me for play the way i want i got a bit stubborn to change my playstyle, like i rarely play "nice" with survivors. And lastly i got boddyblocked in SoloQ by someone because by their judgement i did nothing the whole time, how so when i was keep getting chased but ofc they didnt see that. Just showed me ,again, its mostly not worth actually care about what others want.

Frustrating rounds do happen, take the L and move on, noone is bound to follow your rules. And the "it doesnt require skill argument" its also not very hard to repair generators as fast as possible, or press a button for dead hard. And the flashlight saves are going to be easyer soon too. Do we now talk about how people should stop using dead hard/ flashlights or even not repair gens fully and stop when they reached 50% for half a minute to make it "nice" for the killer??

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276

There is not much to discuss. Whining in an endgame chat is immature and insulting someone over some invented rules is inappropriate. I am not argumenting further something that should be common sense.

I already made my point clear several times : Camping/Slugging/Tunneling is not enough to guarantee a win -> it's not the reason why you loose. You loose because you were not good enough -> gitgud (BOTH SIDES).

I understand that being camped or tunneled might not be extremely fun (when you loose) but it's not fun to loose as killer as well. 4 people, 16 perks, 4 items, 1 map works like this:

IF these players are good enough, they WILL ESCAPE. And you as a killer are put in a disadvantage (meta wise). There are very few killers with an extremely high mobility that can keep up or eventually start with an overall advantage (pretty much, only the Nurse). To keep up with that, you need either to be an extremely good killer (more skill than the survivors required), or you will resort to tunnel/camp in some (some!) moments of the game. Because of the game design.

And because it is the own game rules, there are perks and way to use these actions against the killer.

A 2-3 man escape IS a win for survivors, not a draw.

Add that bad killers get matchmaked with surivovrs that have 10 times their hours, and you get why so many people tunnel and camp to have a chance. Which I do not defend as a playstyle. I agree it is not particularly fun.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

You shouldn't insult people over it.

You can't expect people to compliment you for it though.

• Cyber_Atlas

Yes. But as a collateral result there are few killers actions that are accepted :) as there is no end to these "forbidden actions". 4 hex is sweaty. Nurse is sweaty. "killer sided game" to the infinite and beyond.

• Zeita
    Zeita Member Posts: 70

those are just bully swads not wanting a justified killer buff cause then that means they can no longer bully those killers as much anymore which would make them leave and go play another game to harass more people as a sick way of having fun

• rinnai
    rinnai Member Posts: 50

cyber atlas man - I on average get escape 1/10 matches - people are doing 300 win streaks in this game as killers on YT. I don't know of any other games in the world that are competitive where players do 50 win streaks, 200, 300 some cases 500. If thats common for youtubers to make content like that not even in the top 10 leaderboard then im lost bro.

• Cyber_Atlas

Talking about exceptional people to make a general statement on the state of the game is vane. You shouldn't compare to people that have 9000 hours. And it can be says as much for killers as for survivors. There are survivors that have as long win streaks.

I wrote survivors are strong to mean that they do have the tools to escape. I did not say "survivors are too strong". This post is exclusively to speak about the state of Tunneling/Camping/Slugging as an excuse for loosing, and the normalized aggressivity against the killer. Which IS a bad behavior.

• rinnai
    rinnai Member Posts: 50

So are we talking about winning the game or whinning after the game... Killers are also strong... they win more than they loose - that's undeniable.

What do you want every post game chat to be like in that instance? People need some sort of outlet to express frustrations - and chat is one of them.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

If the killer plays well, I tend to drop them a compliment in the post game chat. Most Killers take that at face value and smiles are shared, ggs and well wishing ensues. Some get salty for no reason. Survivors are the same way.

A lot of people playing this game need to chill out. It's a game.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,853

The most significant reason I feel that most of my random solo queue games are lost is that survivors don't do gens.

All the best players I know are humping gens the second they are not being chased but so often when I get hooked I see team mates doing absolutely nothing.

That being said, I feel like a lot of people just don't want to deal with killers that tunnel and camp and they just want to go next and I totally understand this too.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,011

play a 4man swf bro. Your wins will completely flip. It no point of forcing yourself to do solo q matches with potatoe teammates. Everyday on these forums u see the same two things. nerf swf's and solo q unplayable.

Solo Queue Players: "Solo Queue is miserable!"

Killer Mains: "Git Gud or find friends to play with"

Solo Queue Players - Stop Playing or Find Groups to play with

Killer Mains: once reaching a decent mmr- "why are my games against nothing but SWF??"

My win ratio in solo q 45%

with swf 80% and my swf barely even ok...

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 433

I'd still call it luck of the draw, they werent good as killer but it also meant that you or your team didn't do any bones. Mostly because you didn't "feel" like you needed to, because you gauged and correctly assumed as skilled players that you were against someone less skilled. So it allowed them to come back in the end game thanks to NOED, yes it sucked that you basically ran the killer all game and got your objectives done but you still messed up because you assumed that the killer didn't have NOED.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

Uhh I always try to do totems if I come across them for this reason. It's just hard to co-ordinate in solo.

And if killer is pressuring hard then there's no time to do totems, especially when more than half the killers are running slowgen perks.

We simply come back to the same talking point solo survivor is trashfire.