Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Most Balanced Killer

Venusa
Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

๐Ÿ†๏ธ Who do you think the most balanced killer is? ๐Ÿ†๏ธ

We all know there are a lot of variables that can change the way "balance" is defined. (maps, add-ons, items, perks at play etc.)

If we were to take out all the variables or RNG and gave both sides a fair playground: Who do you think the most balanced killer is? The one that is both fun to play as and play against? The one that the other killers could also be balanced around?

All opinions are welcome! ๐ŸŒน

Comments

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Trickster ๐ŸŒš

• GooseMan
    GooseMan Member Posts: 104

With current map design? Blight.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233

On paper Huntress and Blight are definitely two killers I would argue are the most balanced. Demo is pretty fun too.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

The two yamaokas probably

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 308

S-tier just means those are the strongest. Since both nurse and blight are very hard they are allowed to be strong

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,501

Dude, exactly! xD

"The strongest" - is a definition of "balancing issue". You can't say these killers are balanced and the strongest at the same time, it makes no sense.

To OP - To me the most balanced killers are the killers between A and C tier.

Any B-tier killer is the most balanced killer in the game.

• Header

Most B-tier killers struggle with defending a single gen against 2-3 survivors. Donโ€™t see how this is perfectly balanced

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2022

I don't know why you brought up a gen defending into the balance of the game...

Also: why are they struggle exactly? Oo

To me B-tier killers are the killers of 50\50. As a killer you have 50% chance of winning (4k), and as a survivor you have 50% chance to have 4 escapes. Most of the times it's 2k and 2 escapes. It's all up to players and how many mistakes both sides have done. This is what Balance means, no?

• Header
    edited November 2022

Pretty sure OP said to ignore things like addons and maps so letโ€™s not forget that

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

id say non alch ring/c33 blight - lots of counterplay, very strong, one survivor mistake can be as gamechanging as a killer mistake

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

Legion.

Not in low or High MMR.

But being able to put up Preassure and Slowdown aswell as having Mobility and the Ability to Instadown if the Survivors mess up is all in all a good Kit. Too bad he is kinda Addon dependend if you want to get 5 Hit downs.

I recently tried to reach Rank 1 as Killer for the first time because of the Achievement.

And playing Legion was just so good. If i took a Killer who was too strong then Survivors just DC'ed or Gave up. But People still think Legion is weak wich makes them not DC immedietly. Though some still DC because: Mending Simulator.

My second Pick would be Demogorgon. Hes a good Pupper. I like him.

• Config
    Config Member Posts: 306

Basekit Blight.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Basekit Blight.

Basekit Plague, Demogorgon and maybe some few others are pretty good.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

basekit blight and pre-nerf basekit hillbilly

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

Demo and billy are incredibly easy to dunk on if you are a good survivor, like even comp billies get clapped when they face a good looper.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

blight without his overpowered addons are fair to play against. if you are on the same skill level you can both have fun at loops.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Probably Wesker or Blight without add-ons.

High skill ceiling, not super hard to use at first, good movement, high but interesting anti-loop.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Demogorgon. Has map traversal, has Chase potential, and can go well in both 1v1 and 1v4 situations. He really comes down to skill on both sides. If he's good he can stomp even good swf teams. If he's bad he'll get stomped. He's a good middle of the pack killer

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

Every killer should use basekit blight as a "this is how strong they should be base kit".

Blight and huntress IMO are the two best balanced killers.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,134

Sadako 100%.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Demogorgon or Dredge come to mind. Both have a mixed bag: Map presence, chasing power and information. However Oni and Mastermind are also close, interesting chase power with enough skill and depth to make them interesting. Weskers vaulting ability and instant pick-up are just so good to make loops interesting...

Personally I would nominate Demogorgon. Simple yet effective.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

It depends on how we're defining 'balanced'.

If we're talking about skill expression for both sides and we're excluding crazy add-ons and stupid maps, I'd say Blight, Huntress, and Hillbilly are the most balanced.

They all have a lot of insane tricks that they can use if they understand their power well, just as Survivors can outplay them if they understand and anticipate the Killer.

There's not much more to say: they all allow for both players involved in the chase to express skill.

If we're talking about killrates though, then the most balanced Killer is a (assuming they're not using Insidious or Deadlock) facecamping Bubba.

I'm serious; just hear me out.

If the Bubba sucks or the Survivors are insane you can get a 3 or even a 4 man out. If the Bubba doesn't suck and the Survivors don't suck then it's a 2k. If the Survivors suck or the Bubba is insane, it's a 3k or 4k.

Facecamping Bubba also brings both SWF and Solo a lot closer together.

SWF can't bodyblock or coordinate an unhook against Bubba's instadown like they could against almost every other Killer, and their only real benefit of using comms is knowing that he's camping immediately and where pallets have been used.

Obviously bad players will be bad, and since you choose to SWF you're more likely to pick good teammates, but if we assume Survivor skill here is equal across Solo and SWF and that we're only really worried about SWF's boost to coordination and communication, I think we can agree facecamping Bubba really levels the playing field in a way no other Killer can.

Assuming no add-ons or insane Map layouts Bubba's power also reduces the chases to a simple binary of getting caught or getting away; with both sides having input on the outcome. It's not exactly skillful per se, but it is determinant based on the players involved.

No other Killer can guarantee Kills the way facecamping Bubba can while still not being crazily unfair in a chase or guaranteeing a 4k.

Is it fun? Heck no.

Is it balanced? If we look primarily at killrates and are aiming for 60%, then I'd say yes.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Weskuh. In the right hands, he can be a beast and in others... Alright, I guess. Also has the best skill expression I've seen in years.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896
    edited November 2022

Because exhaustion perks exist that throw off balance for MOST killers.

• Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128

doesnโ€™t blight counter literally every speed burst perk in the game

can tunnel very easily also

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Spirit

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

I mean... exhaustion is already the strongest category of perks in the game and almost every other M2 power killer can already tunnel very easily other than maybe demo.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Demogorgon.

His power AND add ons are balanced.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I could probably argue Huntress. You can tell she is coming, is loopable and can dodge her attacks with mindgames, but has skill with her ranged attacks both in close and far ranges and can mindgame survivors as well. Although, base-kit Blight is also a great choice as he is fun to chase as and against and is fair with a high skill ceiling. Demogorgon also has a balanced kit of chase potential and map traversability, but not op as both sides can mindgame each other and the match is a battle of attrition. All three of these killers create a game of skill on both sides when playing against them.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

old billy without instasaw addons. Shame they gutted him.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Wesker

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

Aren't his only good addons like barbs glasses and that other brown one?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

Blight never was fun to play against since 9/10 uses ring/compound 33 or vial or double speed or basically any of his boosted addons, blight with no addons is fun to go agaisnt because he actually does have counterplay.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited November 2022

Has to be either Oni or Huntress.

In no way shape or form do I believe any version Blight is โ€œbalancedโ€ because anyone who is good with that killer is just going to mop the floor with most survivors but thatโ€™s just my own opinion ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

It also depends on what your definition of balanced means.

Post edited by MegMain98 on
  • HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I'd say demo is the most balanced, his shred requires good timing and skill to hit, very satisfying when you cut across killer shack to hit someone going for the vault. Plus his portals require good planning to use.

His iridescent add ons are busted though. Seeing all auras when you portal is a little too strong.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333

The Oni Jabroni

• Beolthar
    Beolthar Member Posts: 27

Killers can be the strongest and the most balanced at the same time, because most killers are bad. At least against SWF, which seems to be what BHVR wants to balance the game around.

• CBT137
    CBT137 Member Posts: 138

Demogorgon, excluding leprose lichen, all his add-ons are balanced.