Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So BHVR When's The Date To Remove SBMM?

Would be nice to play a "Horror" Party game that DBD is and chill on it rather having to play so sweaty for the majority of the games. Friday the 13th never got SBMM during it's time period. Why does DBD need it? Ranks weren't perfect but, they were 100% times better than what it is now.

Survivors finish gens very quickly, bring the best stuff they can, and bring there best maps like Gideon, Red Forest, and Coldwind to name a few and I know this isn't every game but, it's almost every game. Killers have started to camp and tunnel more, usually all there perks are now just gen defence perks now, and most killers can't even do anything or get any results until the endgame.

All of that was still there during ranks however, it wasn't common as it is now. This game isn't ment to be competitive but, it keeps going that route by keeping SBMM.

Sorry for the rant I know most people won't agree with me on this.

Comments

• Jangles
    Jangles Member Posts: 377

So we finally come full circle. That took what like a year?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Ranks were far better. What incentive will there be to play multiplayer once bots arrive? C tier downwards might aswell play bots instead of sweat factory. You can play as much as you want but your progress gets flushed down the toilet every month. Never get get past bronze personally as I don't get to play all that often.

Numbered ranks that partly reset were far better than this junk imo

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 669

i don't think bots are going to kill the multiplayer-base like that. bots can only offer so much interaction before you eventually get bored of the AI and want to have some variation in playstyles. unless they make the AI sophisticated enough to mimic players down to a T through some deep neural network learning, there's going to be a break at some point.

i understand your concern, though, but i don't think that's really realistic.

• Persephone_
    Persephone_ Member Posts: 157

I tried the knight vs the bots and it was just so boring it was the first time that I willingly DCed. 😂

Ironically the bots have a kind of good playstyle against him as they don't loop, just "w key away" so you eventually catch up and down them. They get stuck on stuff and run to the corners of the map. There is no way people want to play against this other than exploring new maps/powers.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Also, back then, there weren't any battle passes so you could prestige and level up at your own pace without having progress reset frequently.

Like the above poster mentioned, I don't mind the occasional sweat match every 3rd or 4th game, but not every single game 😅

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

You can have fun, you don't have to win.

On the other hand if winning is important, if a survivor with 4k hours keeps getting matched with survivors that have 10 hours and a killer who has 4k how is that fun for him or any of the survivors. Do they even stand a chance?

But I get it you don't care, otherwise you wouldn't make a whole post about how killer is unfun. Imagine making that in November 2022.

All PvP games are at their most fun in the beginning before people figure out the good strategies. If all you want to have is fun then go ahead. No one is stopping and as a killer you don't have to rely on anyone but yourself. If you wanna 4k everygame then perhaps your fun is winning and winning is inherently stressful.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761
    edited November 2022

It took like 3 days lmao people have been calling to delete it since it was first announced

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Just lower your MMR. Let them all escape.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    edited November 2022

Also camos in COD were 5 dollars and it would be unlocked for all your guns too.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I agree with you. I was the same way during ranks I wouldn't get the sweaty matches every game and once in a while it was ok to try a tougher challenge now. Now it's just everywhere and burns out so quickly.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

There's SBMM?

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 417
    edited November 2022

Rejoice, I think they heard you and switched it off. I just had a Blight with four anti-gen perks who stomped the survivors really hard and a no perks prestige 0 Playstation controller Nurse who couldn't hit a single person all match long back to back.

(The Blight still wasn't that good because he couldn't catch me, always gave up after some time even though I'm just extremely mediocre myself. My teammates however went down super fast and being unable to do anything thanks to Eruption while the killer massacres the team is really getting boring so after everyone but me was dead on hook and not a single gen done I just let him down me and killed myself to move on)

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

That Nurse could have been me, lol. Doing god's work for Nurse killrate.

And yeah, I've also had Nurse's who can't catch me and then focus others, we do 5 gens and they still walk away with 3k or 4k.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951
    edited November 2022

100% disagree I played during ranks since 2017 and when they changed to SBMM.

The new matchups are by far better.

More consistent at bringing a better experience for the average player.

There is nothing for me to hate about the new system. What should I hate?

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,080

SBMM is casual gameplay.

The only people that don't think that are the people who it negatively impacts: people that want total control over a match without needing to put in any effort.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited November 2022

not really MMR doesnt work u may be new to teh game and u will get paired with people with 5k hours in the game or play survivor escape a lot still will get a baby meg with 200hs consistently, MMR doesnt work. the game prioritize getting people fast not real skill at all.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

With a game this old it is very hard to match newbies with other newbies every match. MMR ensures that once your score stabilizes you do not face uneven matches as often.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Citation please on when the developers ever declared, called, or described Dead By Daylight as a "party game".

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

i see this idea quite alot. And i cant really follow it, because im always asking myself: "what does stop sweatheads (or trolls) to que up on casual and stomp people that dont feel like sweating?" Or maybe it could be an automated thing, out of players control but for an AI to learn to differ between Casual and Sweaty players is not that easy. 4k doesnt neccessarly mean the killer did sweat for it, especcially when they didnt reach the softcap yet.

And an escape also doesnt mean neccessarly sweating if it was an AFK bot or just someone farming. So an AI couldnt do it either.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Well at least the real hard core competitive (literally, not eSports) player will go for ranked and not the casual queue.

Right now they are ABSOLUTELY mixed together. Especially since the sbmmr bhvr created/changed for the sake of brevity is crap.