What was it that originally introduced you to this game and what drew you to it?

For me, youtubers I watch started posting videos of it and I thought it looked really interesting. What drew me to it was just the idea of a cat and mouse game with a lot of different ways to play.

Comments

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    i first heard of friday the 13th-the game and was a fan of the films.  i heard them discussing this game on a forum for f13th.  i was intrigued and it was only 30 dollars, so i felt i couldn't go wrong.  been playing since day 1.
    Post edited by EpicFailTryHard on
  • SNTD
    SNTD Member Posts: 84

no idea, i just got hooked

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Steam recommended the game to me based on hundreds of hours playing Evolve Stage 2.
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I enjoy fighting games so I watch Tru3Ta1ent sometimes. I decided to watch him play this a few times and it got me interested.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    During Halloween sale in 2016, I was going through the list of games of sale and then I come across Dead by Daylight, I watched the trailer and immediately decided to buy it. Don't regret it till this day. Now I play on console though. 
  • HuskyTwitter
    HuskyTwitter Member Posts: 71

I played a lot of Payday 2 back in the day. I saw Starbreeze was promoting DBD in the forums and followed the game for a while. Played the beta and the rest is history.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I searched up Friday the 13th on Amazon and it showed DBD and I was like “what is this?” Bought it and well 1 year later I’m still playing it
  • Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2018

I was watching Bahroo on Twitch who I knew via Borderlands (WTB BL3 btw, hurry up allready!) and he started to play DBD.
    Really enjoyed it so the next time I was on Twitch I watched SxY HxY / Angrypug play DBD and then decided to get the game for myself.
    I wonder how much of this games success is owed to the Twtich community, it feels like a runaway niche cult classic game which became popular due to Twitch.
    Were the streamer exclusives a thankyou nod in their direction.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Found a link on the PAYDAY 2 forums asking people to click their 'Save Me!' links (only OGs remember that lmao).

I was intrigued and did so. From the short clip of Dwight getting chased and hooked, I set up my own link, got into the beta, had a blast and purchased the game.

• NightRaider315
    NightRaider315 Member Posts: 27

I learned about dbd from youtubers who loved horror games like BryceGames and HybridPanda and when I saw them play it the game looked like so much fun. Its also the only game I know of that has multiple famous horror movie killers.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@HuskyTwitter said:
    I played a lot of Payday 2 back in the day. I saw Starbreeze was promoting DBD in the forums and followed the game for a while. Played the beta and the rest is history.

This is also how I came to learn about the game. Though I didn't play the beta, as I didn't want to pay extra to get in. I just watched footage.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

I enjoy fighting games so I watch Tru3Ta1ent sometimes. I decided to watch him play this a few times and it got me interested.

Same here.
  • Yuu_Incredible
    Yuu_Incredible Member Posts: 27

Friends of mine started playing back in the day and I also watched a Youtuber checking this game out. I really, really wanted to play, but I didn't buy the game immediately, because you weren't ably the change the key bindings (i'm left-handed and play.. strange.). After they updated that, I bought it. At the beginnning I was really afraid of the killers. And also, I never played on my own and we ALLWAYS played in KYF. Then, we started to play against others and I somehow got attached to it. Already 2k hours. Damn, time flies so fast.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

Sneaking/hiding from a terrifying killer.

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
         I agree with many others here. I was drawn to the horror aspect of the game; The fear that emanates from only real players when faced with tough decisions. 
         Sadly, this core aspect has “seemed” to drift a little bit. But I have faith the Dead By Daylight team will deliver a satisfying, unique experience.
  • LycanCHKN
    LycanCHKN Member Posts: 56

@HuskyTwitter said:

same, i've been playing since the closed alpha and i still love it.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Michael. Myers.

...and then the pallet nation attacked

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The very first thing that drew me was when you could play as Michael Myers in a video game.

That sold me.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

I had a friend who bought the game for me, and it was nice because we found a new multiplayer game to enjoy. We play a lot of games, so we tend to wear them out pretty quickly & constantly need new games to play together.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

Watching frustrated players on youtube (really)

• BaronVengirz
    BaronVengirz Member Posts: 22

Some of my friends wanted to play it, I jumped on the hype train with them played it first for only 20 hours then stopped for half a year after that the game consumed me completly and after 10 additional months with work and boring real life I got 550 hours rising ;D happy with the game

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171
    I don't remember where I initially heard about it, but I pre-ordered it and played during the beta. Played for awhile at launch, as well, but stopped playing not too long after SWF was introduced. Not because of SWF, but because of life being life. 

I recently started playing again on the PS4 to spend time with a friend of mine in the US, as we don't get to hang out anymore (I moved to Europe).
  • beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

I used to play deceit, some dude told me that if I like deceit I would love dbd, and here I am

• KING_DEDE
    KING_DEDE Member Posts: 402

It was a trial on ps4 one day so I tried it and been here since

• Hodderfodder
    Hodderfodder Member Posts: 164

I actually saw this game talked about at PAX or E3, back when they just had the Trapper.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Honestly had been following F13 for PS4 release. While reading up on it, saw DbD mentioned. Looked it up, completely abandoned my interest in F13 and been playing since day 1 of PS4 launch

• lemoNN
    lemoNN Member Posts: 43
    My friend forced me to buy it. So I did. I didn't like it that much. Then I started playing a bit of killer and here I am with 200 hours.
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306
    most of the games I play are because of friends.  a group of friends had the game and I played with them, despite being trash at it.  I wanted to make an effort to get better and here I am second on my friends list for time played at 22 days.  (I got the game Dec 23, 2017, but really didn't start playing till Saw Chapter came out where I made Tapp my main.)
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I saw Ohmwrecker, H20Delirous, Cartoonz and Bryce playing the Halloween Chapter. I could not wait to give them my money for the game.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited June 2018

I saw the game before in some sort of ad somewhere but never really thought of it until I saw the Halloween DLC then I immediately bought it. I'm a fan of Asymmetrical games and horror games so this was a pretty straight forward choice for me.