We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Thoughts on Eruption Perk?

NoirGhost
NoirGhost Member Posts: 42

Thoughts on Eruption Perk? 49 votes

Extremely Overpowered, Needs Nerfs
18%
OnryosTapeRentals[Deleted User]bm33Jackal7879PSPAurellesizzlingmario4Entitled_survivorSpirit_IsTheBest 9 votes
A Bit Overpowered, But Not Too Much
40%
FFirebranddHex_Llamath3syst3mHeaderTheArbiterGuiltiiMrHashtagYTAlex_FBD_WalterClements71Iron_Cutlassxni6_ValaryynByeByeQLuthirFontaineBrandon48AverageAshEnjoyerKroseLiveBritishReactionzerojavierDarloxEZ 20 votes
Balanced
38%
GibberishBlueberryMrPenguinMattie_MayhemOGGlamourousLeviathanFilthyLegionMainArchAbhorWampiritaThr_ustkingcarl2012BeoltharDddtpduyguTerionSlanKotelettphantomFinestFantasyVICBT137PuddleOfBludd 19 votes
A bit underpowered, But Still Decent
2%
Devil_hit11 1 vote
Extremely Underpowered, Needs Buffs
0%

Comments

• Beolthar
    Beolthar Member Posts: 27
    Balanced

It may be a bit over tuned for solo, but it's really underpowered against SWFs since they can just stop working on the gens right before a teammate goes down. I think the incapacitated effect is fine. It takes longer for a gen to regress than it does for a gen to progress while being worked on, especially with gen speed up perks that have become the new staple since the meta changes, and the incapacitated effect just guarantees that the gen will actually start regressing beyond the initial value.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426
    edited November 2022
    Balanced

Too strong against solos but weak against SWF. It evens out in the worse way.

My personal thought is to replace the incap with entity blockers on every kicked gen that way it hits both equally. Then we balance from there.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 978

Too strong against solo players. It's literally a better Pop Goes the Weasel. It's still good against SWF's in my opinion, it really needs a nerf or a rework.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Balanced

Its balanced fine but incapacitated is a really annoying effect that makes the game boring for survivors.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Incapacitated shouldn't be applied to any perk. That's like a survivor perk taking away the killers power.

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 130
    Balanced

You mean how survivors used to be able to destroy Trappers traps?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yeah and that's why that feature was removed.

• PuddleOfBludd
    PuddleOfBludd Member Posts: 113
    Balanced

The difference is, Trapper never had the buffs to negate that the way survivors do. So you have to actually WAIT 25 seconds instead of IMMEDIATELY negating the regression? Nope, this isn't about balance, it's about not having anything at all stop you from coasting through the game.

• FinestFantasyVI
    edited November 2022
    Balanced

Eruption isnt bad tho. Even in soloq you can evade it and fall for it once. You see the aura of the downed survivor. As soon as it vanishes it means they're picked up, you let go of the gen. You wait for them to be hooked and boom, continue to work on gen after Eription does its thing and doesnt affect anyone. Just evade it like Pain Res. Granted I am a soloq survivor and depend a LOT on aura perks and information

Edit: Unless im misrememebring Eruption. I dont see it used that often in my games

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

That’s not how eruption works though; you’re thinking of pain res. Eruption triggers as soon as the survivor is downed. There‘s no way to evade that consistently in solo queue.

You can maybe tell a teammate is about to go down if they’re near you or if you have Empathy or something like that, but that’s not at all reliable.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I'm not really sure why they buffed it. Prior to that massive overhaul, there were situations where it was better than Pop.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 767

For polls like this one, a description of what the perk does would do great

• FinestFantasyVI
    Balanced

I usually carry Blood Pact and see the aura of the chased obsession, especially with the wiggly hud. And yeah I carry Empathy sometimes. But maybe I just dont face Eruption as often in my games. I see people use Ruin more.

• A Bit Overpowered, But Not Too Much

I just think the incap should be 15 seconds, or replace the incap with a gen block.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Balanced

The opposite of what I voted for since anything else couldn't describe the bull this brings up. It's terrible against a swf but painfully oppressive against solo players. Personally think they should rework this into something different or lower the incap effect by a good bit.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 1,002
    Balanced

The perk is strong but balanced. There is counterplay to it and the incapacitated time isn't too big.

• Valaryyn
    Valaryyn Member Posts: 76

This poll is really poorly worded. Eruption is not actually overpowered, but it is badly designed.

It is much better against solos than against SWFs, which is silly. Incapacitated is also an incredibly unfun status effect. Being unable to do anything for 25 seconds is quite boring.

I would like the incapacitated effect removed and replaced with more normal regression instead.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Incapacitated is just a horrible mechanic for a perk. It's not fun and there is no indication to other survivors that you are incapacitated.

There is also no good counterplay.