What was the best version of the game in your opinion?

Options
Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Is it the latest one or would you revert some changes to older versions if you could?

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

There are some things I wished stayed, like some music, aesthetics, and old versions of killers/perks

but overall, this is the best DbD has ever been

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    edited November 2022
    Options

My heart says that it would be the version during the Enteral Blight event - purely because it was around the time when I first picked up the game and I'm very fond of looking back at the memories of when I first started playing.

Reminds me of how far I've come in terms of understanding and playing the game and of how much more I have to learn...

But in terms of a more logical approach, I would say that this version is the best it has ever been in terms of awesome new chase themes, more content and the much appreciated prestige and bloodweb changes.

I will forever mourn Space Billy, regardless (though I do see why he isn't with us anymore).

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

Current DBD is the best this game has ever been.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Before the forced SBMM was implemented.

Rank based matchmaking wasn't the best but it was way better than the SBMM.

As survivor you got more variety of killers.

As killer you got some variety of matches.

And yes on both sides you had matches that were easy or very sweaty, but mostly a pretty much balanced match.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    Options

After the game was released, mainly because of the atmosphere, not because of balance. It was much moodier, darker, killers were scarier (no Legions etc), no daytime maps, no indoor maps and stealth was a viable strategy.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    edited November 2022
    Options

I was tempted to say when ghost face was released, but I don't think i remember what the game was like then... and whatever was wrong between then and 6.1.0 was fixed in 6.1.0 - for the most part. So, it's better now... so long as it's not crashing.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 868
    Options

I say the mobile phone version best one. Got so much better stuff than the core version. Leader boards, new and better mori animation that's long overdue, better search feature for perks, etc, etc.

Mean while the core version getting left in the dust.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options

A future version with more basic accessibility and controller settings!

generally though? Current version is kinda good. Sure there is some stuff that felt better before the changes (Freddy, Billy…) but they have made great changes and overall for the better. Hopefully MMR wil get many improvements as well though I fear people will stay nostalgic and/or only take their personal point of view and will keep saying that rank based matchmaking (which didn’t even work most of the time - so it really was random matchmaking) was better??

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,454
    Options

Hmmm this is truly a hard question to answer..... So very many Pig nurfs to sort through and consider...

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 913
    Options

For killers, this patch probably. For survivors, probably when infinites were still a thing.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Everything was brand new and people were just playing to have fun.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

this

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Right after doctor rework and the reworked tiles/maps, prior to them implementing breakable walls. They fixed most loops and then quickly destroyed them again. Breakable walls was never a great idea, and their implementation of it was even worse.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

The period starting with the introduction of Oni’s DLC, up until the day before MMR was implemented.

I’m not saying there weren’t good times before or after, I’m just adhering to the assignment and listing this period as the best (IMO).

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options

I enjoyed DBD in 2018 the most, there's the same issues we have now but it was simpler,basic and raw I know this sounds crazy maybe they should release killer's and survivors with one perk each.All the perks these days just does the same thing.

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options
  • DashMonsta008XV
    Options

I feel like if they stopped stressing about 6 or 9 perks a chapter,they could make one unique perk

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

An alternative gameplay mode like capture / defend the flag.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    Options

That period right after they fixed the maps with broken god windows and added holes then they eventually added breakable walls to them anyway

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

It hasn't happened yet.

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137
    Options

It's not good now, never has been. Probably won't ever. It's not the game, it's the people who play it are horrible and no patch is going to fix that.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Objectively this game is in the best state it has ever been in and it still has an extremely far range of power level. So hopefully the future will hold something better. And most of all I hope player's on both sides choose to get better at the game, because most player's are not good lol. Though the best patch will probably be when they add indicators for solo queue unless they also do a bunch of other changes that ruin the balance of the game in the game patch. If you get 4 good solo players on the same team they can be better than a good amount of swfs contrary to popular belief it's just that is very uncommon.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

I agree with this so much

The game has really lost his charm and dark atmosphere that it had at the beginning,I wish the game was balanced around that instead of just making it brighter.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Loved around GF’s release when I joined the game. Had a cool atmosphere and some of my favourite characters we’re still there (only Haddie is missing)

• Sevo
    Sevo Member Posts: 7
    Options

I like the current version but I also enjoyed the stealth parts in the early version too.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,783
    Options

In terms of balance its the current version. But in terms of atmosphere and visuals its old school Dbd.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited November 2022
    Options

The period of time between Ghostface and Blight chapters. Everything felt good, the chapters were great and I could play DBD for 4 hours straight and not feel bored. After Twins' release and the map reworks the game started going downhill for me, can't play more than 3 matches in a row now, but I still have fun with it so I guess it's okay.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

This one, but if I could bring somethings back it would be nightime Coldwind and old haddonfield.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 225
    Options

The best version of the game is the current one, however I do miss how you could nod and move your head while running/walking/crouching before. It was hilarious.