We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Do you play with people from the forum?

If not, why?

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I've played Paladins with @GoodBoyKaru a handful of times...dbd however? I spread my bad luck when playing that.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I did mean DBD😜

Just wanted to see if people get to know each other through gameplay or just post here to rant only.

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

I dont pay that much attention to forum names (nor ingame) but i have made a couple of online friends to a point where we would regularly play SWF together on the weekends.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

Aww that's adorable, getting performance anxiety. I totally get it but as I haven't really tried playing with anyone from here I haven't been in your position yet.

I can understand not wanting to do VC with strangers, can be awkward. Plus the way someone comes off in the forum is probably entirely different to how they are irl. I think there are many people like you who dislike VC.

A few randoms have added me on DBD from playing solo together and occasionally I get invited to play together but we never VC, it can be a bit more reliable than getting complete noobies (though not always), yesterday or the day before I was playing with a Cheryl who was trying to do the whole Flashlight thing but she'd go down pretty fast (I swear 99% of Flashlight player wannabes are complete monkeys, me included), so I cannot say she was that reliable despite being brought by my stranger buddy. But hey at least you wanna what to expect in those cases, no random variables and all😄

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,621

I've played with forum members, sure. Only by coincidence, though. And if they have a different name in-game, I wouldn't even notice unless they pointed it out.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642

Never on purpose, but when I do, it's a lot of fun! I have had the pleasure to lobby up with quite a few regulars, and be your killer as well.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

I would like to but with how long i have been playing I probably have. I hope I wasn't a annoyance to them.

Also my forum name is different from my in game name so theirs that.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2022

Like many other vets of the game I've played for a long time, so i'd be surprised if I hadn't played with a majority of the forum members at some point. Definitely just about all the ps4 player base.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,924

I don't really know, tbh, since I only really notice the names if they are unusual/funny or repeats (which are rare).

I also don't know how many people use the same name on the forum as in game (I do, ftr).

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,152

I think, by pure coincidence, @caramelatiox is in my friends list on PS4.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited November 2022

Yes, I have.

It's always been a fun experience.

I think I've played with SomberNokk, NMCKE, ChiliMan, Nathan13 and JPLongstreet.

I've played against thesuicidefox, tippy2k2k and Sluzzy to my knowledge

Post edited by Pulsar on
  • JocelynAwakens
  • MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533

I have had a couple people w the same names as here, when playing killer 😬 they were unique..so pretty sure was the same people.. but I haven’t ever intentionally.

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 369
    edited November 2022

Ah a Mod mains Freddy .. Well , erm .. you know .. if you kinda could eh .. pull some dev contacts and erm .. get good ol Fredster some .. buffs/reworks maybe ?

He's been kinda underperforming in tier lists for a while ..

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited November 2022

I run into a few people, sometimes - rarely. But the UK servers are a lonely place unfortunately.

• JocelynAwakens

You would hate to hear how much I love current Freddy. 😂 Gratefully, the developers keep a close eye on feedback so if you have any thoughts or ideas, please make sure you post them on the Feedback subforum!

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I’ve thought about it. Then I remember I’m an old anti social ######### that no one pays any attention to. 😁

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,440

If I have I haven't recognized the name. I also have a different name on Steam most days than here so it's possible I have but just don't know that I have.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923

I've played with several people on this forum.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 427
    edited November 2022

I played with Sluzzy once.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

@GoodBoyKaru added me a bit ago but i don't think we've played together yet

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I've played with some in the past but they're no longer active on here, I wouldn't know if I played with anyone else because names are often different on the forums, like mine for example I don't go by this name in game

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I played with Sluzzy once and I've also played with @GannTM and a few other forum members.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Not that I know of !

I'd be afraid of being a dead weight. Most of the people I play DbD with, I met by playing killer and them being super chill in endgame chat.

Like that cool killer main doing a survivor daily who offered to coach me after a game where I got completely wrecked haha.

Or those guys I improvised a hide and seek with after they noticed my object permanence is completely nonexistant (chase for 10 seconds, then break line of sight and hide in increasingly bad spots/bushes and see how many times I walk past them, hit once as "found you!" then give a headstart for a new hiding spot, I did not go into the game trying to organize that but it turned out that way and was really fun haha).

There are so many wholesome and nice people in this community, no matter how toxic others can be at times. =D

I go on the forums because I like being aware of what everyone's talking about, when there are codes, spreading positivity when the occasion rises and giving low mmr feedback =)

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

I've played with and against some of them because we randomly got matched in the same lobby 😬

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,778
  • GoodBoyKaru
    edited November 2022

I think I've played with a bunch of lads (rip)

(Ignore the formatting errors the mobile site has a meltdown the second you tag someone). Also add @Cheers and @TurboTOne to the list, was unable to keep tagging.

Faced @Sluzzy once, played with and against @Phasmamain, and also with like @Respectfulnancymain, @GannTM, @hahadrillgobrrr, @Sowbug, @Donkerydoo, @NoOneKnowsNova, @Cam (complete accident I don't think he knew it was me lmfao), and . @kizuati

@ClaudioFrosty

• Sevo
    Sevo Member Posts: 7

I'm still new here and I haven't played with anyone from the forum yet. I myself play with friends from another gaming forum and our group is kinda all over the place. We have people from Germany, Austria, Canada or Japan. It's really cool. Most of the times we play SWF with voice chat. We're all not so good and only one of us is an experienced DbD player. So we always tell him before each match to save us. lol It doesn't help though, we all die 80% of our matches. xD

The most fun part is doing custom games with voice chat. We have someone who always plays Michael Myers and he always gives us girls some good scares.

"I hear something. Someone is here."

"Nah, you're hallucinating, must be a ghost..."

"No wait.. found you!"

*insert female screams* :D

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

Ive played with quite a few, most happened by chance. Mandy and @sizzlingmario4 are the only ones that come to mind at the moment but Im pretty positive there are more

Also played with a few others like @GannTM and @GeneralV in SWF and customs. Good times

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

I remember playing against your Dredge when he was still somewhat new. You won but it was a fun match! There might’ve been another one too

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I don't use the same name in game as here, and I don't recall seeing anyone familiar, so no.

I'm extra terribly about checking killer names. I probably wouldn't notice that I knew the killer with how rarely I check their name.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Same. Plus, most people I "befriend" from games don't tend to come back for another game, the invites are very random. T.T Except for a handful.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,047

Aww hey now @Ghouled_Mojo believe me, I completely understand the anti-social part, I usually hop on killer when I'm really feelin it, but we absolutely appreciate and pay attention to you 🖤

To my knowledge/memory, I haven't survived with members of the Forum unless they played under another name from their Forum Name, but I recall specifically playing as killer against a couple of y'all! The last one I specifically recall was this past summer in my first ever Dredge game... on Gideon's Meat Plant... with very low-level perks...and no idea what I was doing and teleporting to lockers when not meaning to lol I'm not going to lie, I was a little embarrassed that they saw me play like that, but being a babu Dredge I tried not to be so hard on myself about it. They played very well with their fellow survivors, but I was definitely a roadside Tourist Trap-grade World's Largest Potato 😂

Its always lovely to see y'all in the Fog, and if you are able to talk in the lobby, please feel free to say hello (I swear I don't bite... unless I'm Hag with Devour Hope or a Mori... then probably...but hellos still welcome)

• Shroompy

I think there was also a game where I was killer on Suffo Pit.

Forgot which killer tho.. Wraith pops into my head but Im not 100% sure on that

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

The Dredge game was on suffo pit. I remember.

I think the other one may have been Spirit on Eyrie? Or maybe that was someone else

• Shroompy

Oh yeah actually youre right

Spirit on Eyrie I think that was some one else, I dont play Spirit much nowadays

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 130

No, I have not. I just play the game, sometimes I become friends with the rando survivor on Steam (mostly when Im killer and they like me). And then we play swf together (2 man), but Im not a good survivor since Im Trickster first and Cheryl... erm... 6th. Im also not a comp survivor, Im casual and not a good looper. My playstyle is stealth and do gens, or stealth and save the hooked one. And when I am spotted, I know Im going down, so might as well drag the killer away from the saving or the gen action. But even so I dunno... Im a hermit, Im not the type to ask people on the forum to join me in game. And if I am, I assume I'd be the worst.

I am not opposed to people wanting to join and play with me. Just never expect me to be the type to reach out to someone

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,292

I'm pretty sure I've run into a few. My steam name is usually wilson

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,064

I havent played with anyone i could recognise here😓, but that is mainly because i am not from an english-speaking region

• GoodBoyKaru

When I added you to do nothing but mock you with pictures of warm frying pans and then completely forgot to ever speak to you lmfao