Too many quitters lately

anyone else noticing a peak of DCing people? like its insane i have seen more DCs this whole weekend than in last 2 weeks playing.

had like 10 games yesterday, 6 killers and 4 as survivor. Or it was vice versa, i dont keep track. But out of 10 games there was 7 DC's from AT LEAST 1 person. one game it was even multiple DCs.

And now, first round this evening nemesis dced because of 0 hooks and 3 gens done. I get the frustration but i dont get the bailing.

like why bother playing a pvp multiplayer game if you gonna quit whenever it doesnt suit you? Am i only having some REAL bad luck to get as many DCers or are the penaltys gone again? Cant play even 1 game normally.

Comments

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 93

I've noticed more hook suicides than anything sadly. 4 gens done, Meg gets first hook, dies. Next game, playing against Myers, wasn't even 10 seconds into the match, Hook Suicide. Couple matches later, I get hooked, Dwight comes to save me, gets downed and first hook, suicides. Like I get it, sometimes a match is unwinnable or we're against someone super sweaty, but bro, it's a game. Just chill.

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810

i mean you can tell the diffrence between lost connection and DCing on purpose.

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 369

Most who DC on the first hook or after being downed is mostly because they were tunneled a lot in previous matches. At least a majority of them.

• GlitchyGamer
    GlitchyGamer Member Posts: 39

Dbd is the buggiest game I've personally ever played. People get kicked all the time without leaving and have to wait for the penalty and you want to make it worse over one DC? The game itself needs to be fixed. Less gens with a dc and more points for the killer per hook. This game is so miserable for solo survs right now you cannot blame them for DC alot of the time. Behavior is to blame. They need to be spending more time balancing the game they already have instead of making new chapters. If the game felt even remotely balanced, maybe these solo queue survs wouldn't DC so much. Also the entitlement you have is really strong, not everyone can afford amazing internet and they still deserve to play a game just as much as you do. No matter what their ping is.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

No. DC frequency seems about the same as always for me. I see one in maybe 1 out of every 8-10 games.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

If people don't have fun in a game they will either dc or kill themselves on hook,, gotta deal with it and stop complaining,, i get it they may mess rest players' fun but that's multi-player games,, or sometimes a killer gets an early snowball and game goes downhill from there and they wanna be done with that round

• Terion

do you accept it too when the killer DCs or is that a completely other thing? cause my example was a nemesis.

And no im not going to accept it, imagine there was no penalty, the game litteraly would be unplayable because anyone throws a tantrum over some various things. Nurse wouldnt have games at all, michaelas would be hated upon because they dc because you just booned THEIR totem, snowballing a game would be impossible or escaping, since both sides would just quit at either 1 or 2 gens left.

DCing is NOT ok.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238
    edited November 2022

Suiciding is a way bigger problem than straight up DCing. Why you can even give up on the hook is beyond me. People should be forced to eat the DC penalty if they want out that badly. A lot of people who try and kill themselves on the hook will play out the game if you unhook them before they succeed. At least in my experience. I also think people giving up is a sign of bad game design from the survivor's perspective. Killers very rarely DC when compared to survivor. There's obviously something in the gameplay that a lot of people don't find very fun. Probably the rampant tunneling and facecamping.

• Terion

lmao nonesense XD

People DC for the most stupid reasons ever, on both sides. Just because a game doesnt go as they would like, they DC. Has NOTHING to do with balance.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I feel like since the midchapter patch this summer there's been an increase of the game just randomly disconnecting me. I'll test my internet and it's running great so know that's not the problem.

Just the other day my swf teammate was randomly disconnected when we were in a match - he could see the killers load out on the end game screen too which was weird. I'm sure from the perspective of the killer/other survivors it looked like he quit on first down but the game was what disconnected him.

I've also been getting a crazy amount of "unknown errors" and "disconnected from host" when I'm in lobbies or the end game screen. Just randomly will be kicked back to the main menu. I've had a ton of killers DC when they're winning - a bunch not long after the first sacrifice.

While I'm sure there's plenty of rage quits I do think the increase lately is more from the game itself than it is actual quitters.

• Terion

i mean all of em were kinda after their first hook or on the nemesis example because he got 0 hooks done while 3 gens alredy blew.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

because the game is stale on survivor side. literally same thing since the game came out......now killers have a astronomical advantage that cant be overcome by solo q and you have your perfect recipe for a game to sink. Thats not going to be a popular opinion. but its got validity

• Terion

lmao the next one.

i love how you entitled surv mains use any opportunity to tell us how "killer sided" this game is. Disconnects happen because peeps cant take if the game doesnt go their way. Thats all to it.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

there are also killers who disconnect. in my experience even more than survivors. But nobody complains about them because the game is won for the rest.

in both ways its usually because of wrong mmr matching.

• Fred_krueger
    Fred_krueger Member Posts: 163

The games in a bad place.

I used to play hours per day. Now I do my daily, and sometimes cant even stomach that.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Let's be honest:

In this game, dcing/hook suicide is pretty much the only way to stave off the intense frustration.

Killer is slugging at 5 gens? Why give them a 4k?

Tunneling, camping? If you are barred from playing the game, why stay in the match?

People cleansing totems they know you wanted to boon? By experience they are usually the same who will throw a tantrum if you don't heal them fast enough, why play with such people?

By all means, either the dc penalty gets removed, or the game finally punishes scummy behavior directly (point reduction, hindering effects etc)

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

It should. I've been told, "There's literally no way for the game to tell, because of the devs' design!" Then it needs to change. Sure, they could just pull the plug to rage quit then, but at least they inconvenience themselves with that, and then everyone else who don't DC on purpose don't have to sit through an arbitrary time lock.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    edited November 2022

>There's NO EXCUSES to DC other than cheaters

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I'll be honest, I don't even really care if it does or not.

If you're experiencing enough connection issues to rack up a noticeable DC ban, I'd maybe take that as a hint.

• Terion

so because you yourself have that one match you dont enjoy (which happens to anyone) you ruin the game for the other 4 players.. Got ya.

• Terion

i dont think it would be that hard either. DCing on purpose means to quit the game manually, which should be easyly differed to a connection issiue.

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278
    edited November 2022

I have legit had times that the game just kicked me all the way back to the loading screen without penalty. Just the other day I was in a match with some Fengs where I had two on hook, was about to pick up a third, and boom back to loading screen. Or as I’m about to leave through the exit gates, boom back to loading screen without penalty. I believe that the game can detect game error vs player deliberately DCing.

i don’t have a problem either way though. If the survivor or killer DC, oh well. I don’t see why people get so bent outta shape about it. Just move on to the next game. It’s their game, they can play how they want.

• Terion

it ruins the game for anyone else. 4k/x amount of hooks challenge? nah the DCer just denies that possibillity to get it done, you have to do it in the next trial.

And not to mention on survivors end, escaping is hard enough, DCing people are just giving the killers free but unsatisfying wins. And if a killer DCs? well all the effort you just done is gone, because the game force ends now.. There are MANY issiues with DC rage quitters. And im not talking about one or twice a week, litteraly past weekend it was like 7 trials Saturday evening and 2 sunday where someone DCed

I dont see why you would defend such behavior, even the devs penaltize it.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I'd love to move on to the next game, but unfortunately I'm stuck in this one because DbD is somehow a big multiplayer versus game with absolutely 0 DC compensation or forethought past giving me, like, a quarter to go get a gumball or something.

AI teammate? No followup DC penalties? Have 250 bloodpoints. You're welcome.

• Entitled_survivor

it's all the same for me if survivor or killer dces...i also hate map offerings from both sides equally

• Terion

so dcing is fine but map offerings is where we draw the line? Interesting.

• Entitled_survivor

No man it's not fine to dc but then again i can't force someone to stay in a game they no longer enjoy for whatever reason,is it that hard to understand ?

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278

All that effort? This is a game you know, not laying concrete, or constructing skyscraper's. No judgment dude, but if a person is getting so tilted off of a video game, it may be time to reevaluate that hobby. I get the initial frustration, but to carry that over to the forums (unless that person is just standing in game contemplating life’s little misery) takes an unhealthy addiction to a video game.

• Terion
    edited November 2022

you cant force people no, but you cant force me either to not criticise it. I payed money to experience some fun just to get it ruined for a whole weekend by mass DCers. Im not throwing a tantrum over 1 or 2 times in a month, im talking DC after DC after DC.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Nice try, but you know how reality looks. And didn't you once complain about people bringing boons or BNP? Look, at least do us the favor and say you want an iWin button, then go and uninstall the game, thank you.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Depends entirely on the player hardware.

If it's wifi for consoles or desktops? A bit more inconvenient to just switch off. Laptops? One keyboard button combo usually enables airplane mode or something; wifi cuts off, no connection. And if I wanted to DC, my computer's plugged into a network switch I have within arm's reach, so I can literally pull the connection.

• Terion
    edited November 2022

BNP? i use them very often myself. And yeah, i complained about how boons are infinite and hexes are not. If that seems to you like "i win" mindset then its a complete you problem. Way to justfy DCing though, you really proofed something here.

And i absolutly love how you blatantly show your entitlement regarding boons:

"If they Cleanse a totem I wanted to boon, then damn right i dc. They shouldve known! I dont care if they have challenges or want to get use outta their own perks, mine are more important. If anyone doesnt respect MY boon then they can aswell have a 3v1 against the killer."

• Terion
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Eh, theres a couple, but that's it, no more than 2

Also, love that you saved someone who was trying to suicide, serves them right to take a DC penalty, lol

• Terion

wdym there has been no more than 2? Lucky you then? i had litteraly faced DCs in 7 trials alone on saturday.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Actually I have only been playing at 1-4AM on na and no one DCs even after getting downed by lethal blight 30 seconds after the match starts. Although all the survivor's are running hard meta so that's probably why.

• Terion

prime time EU i felt it was especcially bad past weekend, maybe i just had very bad luck

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

survivor sided? wrong.....im a neither side. i just spoke the truth...you didnt want to hear it. i quit becasue the devs lost touch with the player base

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

LOL

Had something happen to me in a Lery's trial. Sweaty SWF gen rushing with stacked toolboxes. Three of them blew through three gens like they were trying to set a record, while I was in a chase with the fourth. As soon as I downed and hooked the one, the other three came out of the woodwork to try to save. So I just camped the hook and grabbed/dropped, body blocked, and smacked away potential savers until they managed a hook swap, then I camped that one.

Instead of using this time to finish the last two gens and 99% the exits, they kept at the hook. Wound up double hooking everyone, killing two survivors on two different hooks, almost bled one out on the floor while chasing the last one but got them on a hook just in time. Found/closed the hatch, and chased the last survivor from the exits until they made a mistake that put them on a hook in EGC.

Altruism kills more survivors than anything else.

Although it worked out for me in the end, if I knew what a sweaty drag that trial was going to be at the start I would've skipped it altogether. It's like playing a Legion trial as a survivor. Even if you escape it wasn't fun and doesn't feel worth it.

Can't wait for the bots to arrive. Even if they have less than stellar AI, it'll be fun just being able to play a chill game on killers I don't normally play as although they're fun they're ineffective after a certain MMR point.