Soooo Matchmaking Is Still Trash? AKA "######### is this S***?!"

Carpemortum
Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
Friend of mine who seldom plays the game as killer, ended up in a VERY mismatched lobby.  I'd understand one or two if someone was his rank and in a group of friends, but how does this happen? I thought they were working on this nonsense. 

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Same here, matchmaking is screwed up right now, maybe rank reset has something to do with it too though

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Matchmaking: Bully edition.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

That's just unfair.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited February 2019

I had this match today, and I was playing solo;

• Carpemortum

Damn. At least you were on the better end of it lol.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

@Carpemortum said:
    Dwight_Fairfield said:

Damn. At least you were on the better end of it lol.

Yeah. I felt really bad for the killer afterward. He was playing Clown and only had tier 1 bamboozle. And we were on Haddonfield.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Player numbers are down and I think the system is matching with who is available.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Player numbers are down and I think the system is matching with who is available.

Is that really happening?
  • Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158

Ps4 matchmaking is shocking, the wait times are getting worse. If these ban waves people keep talking about happen then we are royally screwed because there will be very few people left. I say as tough as it is, take the good with the bad. To original poster, yeah your friend had high ranks but he was maxed out perk wise.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Ps4 matchmaking is shocking, the wait times are getting worse. If these ban waves people keep talking about happen then we are royally screwed because there will be very few people left. I say as tough as it is, take the good with the bad. To original poster, yeah your friend had high ranks but he was maxed out perk wise.

As someone who is Xbox, I suffer the same issue. However, I’m pretty sure we’re getting new matchmaking within a few weeks or months, can’t be certain though. They’re testing a new system.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Had two of those lately.

Number 1: Myself Rank 3, other Survivors 16, 17, 19. Killer Rank 9.
    Number 2: Friend and myself as 2 Man SWF, both Rank 2. Other Survivors Rank 13 and 15. Killer Rank 9.

The three on the first game might be SWF, one of them had good perks, the other two did not have good Perks.
    Second game the two survivors might also be a 2 Man SWF or both Solo, but their Perks were also decent.
    (All Tier 3 from different characters)

MAYBE they are testing something on the live build? Where the Rank is not taken into account, but the hours played?

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Like they said, theyre testing new matchmaking systems for faster queue times. This actually looks like theyre prio the queue time over the ranks, so ranks are gonna get more neglected as more time passes by for waiting. Probobly the easy way to faster the waiting times, but sad for those with less experience (aka low ranks).

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I see some issues with a couple of the posts made in here about bad match making.. but the OP image about bad MM?... Serious?.... hasn't played in a bit maybe????.. got reset down?... Can't handle playing against people who they should probably be facing?...

They seldom play killer? But has done so. Then they play survivor then dump points in their killers? I do that.

However... If I was rank 17 an had those perks.. play killer seldom.. I probably wouldn't complain about bad MM in this case.

I find it funny when you have players who've played 100s of hours on one side.. then play the other.. and act as though they are new players. They aren't new players. Rank isn't that big of a deal when you aren't new.. playing as rank 20 against rank 1s when you have over 1000s, shouldn't be an issue.

Rank just means you've got some game knowledge to play better against the other side. Your friend earned that knowledge by playing survivor and now just needs to apply it to killer... So they aren't a new player.

They didn't unpackage their game.. play for 10 hours.. Then get matched that way.

• TheGodfather
    TheGodfather Member Posts: 46
    *balanced*
  • Carpemortum
    edited February 2019
    TheBean said:

I see some issues with a couple of the posts made in here about bad match making.. but the OP image about bad MM?... Serious?.... hasn't played in a bit maybe????.. got reset down?... Can't handle playing against people who they should probably be facing?...

They seldom play killer? But has done so. Then they play survivor then dump points in their killers? I do that.

However... If I was rank 17 an had those perks.. play killer seldom.. I probably wouldn't complain about bad MM in this case.

I find it funny when you have players who've played 100s of hours on one side.. then play the other.. and act as though they are new players. They aren't new players. Rank isn't that big of a deal when you aren't new.. playing as rank 20 against rank 1s when you have over 1000s, shouldn't be an issue.

Rank just means you've got some game knowledge to play better against the other side. Your friend earned that knowledge by playing survivor and now just needs to apply it to killer... So they aren't a new player.

They didn't unpackage their game.. play for 10 hours.. Then get matched that way.

Amazing. Every word you just said, was wrong.

He actually did. Just that. Played maybe 10/15  hours total since it became free. Not the 100s you want to make your point work. He plays survivor with us and does it for fun, put his points in LF to play killer (even though I told him insidious is basically just a camp perk) and did in fact get this MM. Hes never been above 16 as killer, or 15 as survivor. 

So people he SHOULD be facing? Would be level 15s or so. Not rank 7s because you believe his skill should be higher. That sounds like the elitist league of legends bs.

So actually, he has plenty of room for complaint, if he was complaining. However he didnt post it. I did. Because the MM is a joke. I've always said the rank is a guideline to keep 1s vs 20s from happening, but you actually believe this is a fair match? Come on.

I wasnt trying to cry for him because of the imbalance, just pointing it out. But man you got defensive and tried to eviscerate my story. So who hurt you? 

Because seeing legitimate new players get matched against way higher ranks, then seeing an elitist attitude trying to belittle them/refuse to believe it happens because they're not as good as some, is sad. 
  • Carpemortum
    Be happy you even are able to get into matches at all. I'm 100% bugged and can't connect with anyone as either role LUL. Still waiting for a response from support :^(.
    Oh that's not me, it's a friend of mine. Purple ranks are fun survivors lol. But that's unfortunate. Is it lile a game bug or a system bug? 
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

Tell me ...

When this game were fair ?

When ?

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Errr... if they own only Leatherface and didn’t lvl up any other killer, they can easily have max tier for all his perks and common ones by lvl33

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

To be honest ,I wouldnt want to play killer on PS4 either =)

• Stompa
    Stompa Member Posts: 154

it sure is totally healthy when swf queues with 2 rank 15-16 and 2 rank 2. totally not an abuse of a flawed matchmaking and totally not toxic towards newer player/potential customers, i mean why buy cosmetics or a dlc when a killer get ######### on by those deathsquads on a frequent basis?

here is a little hint: let the highest rank of the group determine the matchmaking ladder, less abuse and sure a few will complain (like thats something new) but in a long run it healthier for the game and its balance witch is anyway more than just fragile

edit: and it runs rampant on weekends