What's your opinion on the Knight?

Options

I'd like to know what your opinion is on the Knight so far.

Comments

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 307
    edited November 2022
    Options

unplayable. have played 8 games (with adept perks) and i got one 2k, three 1ks and four 0ks

edit: im dumb and wrote 3k instead of 1k

Post edited by Header on
  • Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

One out of many. Nothing special, no A-Tier or B-Tier-Killer.

He is on C-Tier at best for me. His ability works on day 1 mediocre, how will it work in 1 week? So u have an M1-Killer with Pallet-Break-Assistant.

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited November 2022
    Options

Another artist, but with a twist, ill be honest with you people just run away. Like my first match, all the survivors didn't play any loops. They just ran away right off the bat, running through everything and tossing down pallets which there were, no joke, 20+ pallets on that map. Trying to waste my time which worked, but it kinda unfun I didn't have much satisfaction downing them as well cause I was constantly worrying about the generators being worked on, and that was on a smaller side map. I don't wanna know what they will do on a larger map like red forest.

Though if you are fine playing the artist and the strategy, survivors use against you, then you will enjoy this killer, but personally, just knowing that is the counterplay kinda puts me off cause it is boring for me. I had to slug for the win at the end, and this killer has strong area defense.

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 269
    Options

I think he is really fun.

• 1. Using his power not in loop, but to cut survivor off from strong loop ahead, so survivor will either go back or go infront.
    • 2. Add on increase the speed of putting patrol path is op. Call to arm something
    • 3. Slug playstyle will overwhelm survivor easily, one slug then you put patrol and went to another survivors
    • 4. he is weak at center of the map, while strong at corner of the maps
    • 5. Bonus point: he can do fake using patrol that you can caught survivor off (looking at you wesker, suck at recharge power all the time, that you cant do fake power usage)
  • MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278
    Options

One thing he does excel at, hook camping! Grade A, up there with the Bubs, Billy, and Huntress. Unfortunately that is about the extent of his value

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

You mean the Shight?

Honestly I love everything about him, except how awful and buggy he is. In theory it really is an amazing concept and huge props to BHVR for thinking outside the box, but in practice it's laughable.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

50/50 Some games he's been terrible because they're not using his power, in the other half people are using his power really well and honestly it can be cracked when used properly, they can corner u easily with no counter play unless u have dead hard. The new perks r awesome tho

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Going to wait for at least a month to play survivor again because I don’t want to face the same killer in every single match

• Slazzuh
    Slazzuh Member Posts: 8
    Options

Feels like a more interesting and engaging Artist

I know it's not what the power was intended for, but trying to get a survivor hit by a guard so you can then immediately down them is fun

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

He's really unfun to face. You're getting chased by two killers all the time with the only play being holding W. We really didn't needed another W-Killer tbh.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

seems boring as hell so far, just another hold-W killer.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,604
    edited November 2022
    Options

I've been playing him several matches and for me he is fun mostly if you have aura reading perks for putting the guards more strategically to cut escape paths and of course he is anti loop by inmediately putting a guard in any loop. He is also strong in the shack, you force the survivor to get out the shack by putting a guard patrolling inside and a power anti shack is always welcome.

Ther worst things for me is the guards cannot be selected at wil and some bugs, for example in RPD the guard stayed still in one of the corridors instead of patrolling the path I created.

• GgamerG
    GgamerG Member Posts: 53
    Options

Survivors have too many tools to stop his power. It's like your playing a killer purely for the survivor's benefit. Is there any other killer in the game that has this much counterplay against their own power? Plague?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Concept is cool and instadowning survivors with one two taps is fun

Can't really say how strong he will be

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Playing against him as survivor I have found him boring at best and frustrating at worst.

When chased with some distance it's just hold W and change direction if he sends out a guard.

When chased with little distance and he uses a guard it's frustrating because you have to run from the guard and the Knight just cuts you off.

I can understand the guards ignoring windows but them ignoring pallets completely is just stupid.

The counterplay is only fun if you can somehow get to the banner.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

Yawn. Frustrating boring design for both sides where you just hold a single key and get outplayed by being camped by his power while he's not even near you anymore, while you have no choice for creative power useage because it's just so ######### so you have to play in the most unfun way possible.

Dead By Daylight: Forged in Flop

• JudyIscariot
    JudyIscariot Member Posts: 71
    Options

Hoping he gets a different helm cosmetic because I hate the hair. Not super fond of "Hook and then deploy a guard at the hook" being the most common use of his power. Buggy AI. Teleporting through floors seems like it'll be uh.. rough on The Game. I like his concept overall but feel like it's going to be a few patches before he's anywhere near fun.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

Best killer ever! In unrelated news I have been escaping most of my solo q matches today.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

If I try to use him as a macro management patrol killer, he does not do as well. If I use his power as a way to cut off survivors, he does well. I was hoping for more of a killer that could multi task well, but this just feels like the same old thing.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    edited November 2022
    Options

Aesthetic is awesome. Gameplay is...not. The killer lacks interaction. The power isn't interactive at all on either side. There's no mechanical skill to the power. He plays like a decision-making simulator tacked onto an M1 killer. It's set it and forget it for the most part. And it will always feel bad to be "outplayed" by AI in a PVP game.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

A second rate version of artist that happens to be more boring and snoozefest ,,

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

The fact that his power is clearly visible to survivors means that the permanent counterplay is:

1. See green thing.
    2. Press W perpendicular to green thing.
    3. Repeat.

I have no idea what possessed the devs to allow survivors to see his power and the detection radius of the guards, not to mention that the killer's power actually gives them a benefit when they grab the banner.

He can actually say "Hello, fellow survivors" un-ironically.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

Another killer who knows less about their power than the survivors? What a shock. Be nice if they let somebody else take the reins over at Killer Design HQ.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Weak, boring with power for kicking things

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 656
    Options

Complete #########

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    Options

The delay/stutter (I don't know how to describe it) when summoning your Ghost breaks my immersion so hard :(

I think I'd be a bit happier if it was a seamless transition.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Gives way to much information to survivors how he's using his power. Can't do any real pathing or patrol routes with power just instant drop and go.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

From what I have seen, he manages to be a killer that looks boring to play and face

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

Very weak and boring.

Encourages hold W game play which is boring for everyone.

Gives too much information to survivors which in turn makes his skill cap very low. If survivors didn't see his green orb and the radius around his minions his skill cap would be so much higher.

Why is it again survivor get a speed boost and Endurance from touching the flag? Completely illogical.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    Options

Good on paper, awful in execution.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,189
    Options

Awful.

The guards (all but one I think) can't get to a survivor running away.

I've got my adept (against utter noobs) and I've put it next to Sadako in the "not to be touched again" box.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

From game one, Survivors know how to avoid 90% of your power.

Even at short loops, you are better off just looping and using M1 then standing still, using your power, run around the other side and hope they don't pick up the banner (which gives speed boost AND Endurance).

Boring Killer with ugly hair clipping issues.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 636
    Options

I think The Knight is really weak. The idea of him and his guards are cool. Even the idea of his perks seem also cool. But I have to say that I don’t really enjoy playing as the Knight. He get destroyed super easily.

His guards again go all over the place and bugged out. His map pressure needs some work as well. Every time I place a guard they would always walk back towards me even though the guard is supposed to attack the survivors not walk away.

I really like the look of him and again the idea of him. So again he’s just not very good. His guards are also not very good either. The guards also get stuck at certain loops and windows which is also a pain to deal with. So yeah I really hope he gets some more buffs here soon.

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 307
    Options
  • Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 564
    edited November 2022
    Options

Contender for bottom 3 for sure.

Another thing I've noticed is that his model size gets stuck on a lot of s**t. His lunges are also prone to getting hooked on random objects because of his size.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

The devs don't play killer and it shows. This killer was designed by survivor mains

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

What if we did away with the whole orb thing and made the power work in a different way? Hear me out, with my proposed change we had 4 ways to activate the power:

1) highlight a survivor in sight to summon a Guard and chase them, freeing yourself to do something else or attempt a pincer attack

2) highlight a gen or breakable object to summon a Guard and kick/break it

3) this is the big one: highlight an entire house, building or structure and have a Guard search the thing and patrol around it

4) highlight nothing and just plonk down a standart and have the guard patrol around it.

This would allow the knight to do his thing on the fly, without stopping too much and still allow for some map pressure and not just closing up the loop at hand.

His perks are mostly ok, but Hubris really needs to be buffed to at least 30s. 20s is barely enough to close to a survivor if you are running Spirit Fury and they get to a vault, without it you got no chance to use it at all besides a once in a blue moon missplay on the survivors side.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Unfun killer, just more of the recent anti loop killer design that encourages dropping and holding W instead of playing loops and mind games.

• Havocus
    Havocus Member Posts: 29
    Options

I've played him for a few hours now, he's alright. You have to play him like you're a cattle dog. You herd the survivors where you want them to go. I feel like he is addon dependent, but you don't need his iris (which are quite strong). The yellow addon that makes minions chase 4 seconds longer, and the brown addon that increases detection range are all you need, and honestly I wouldn't prefer anything else. Because chases can take a little while unless the survivor is cornered (in which case you let the minion hit first then you attack after for a VERY fast down) you need some gen regression perks for sure.

• HuntresssMain
    HuntresssMain Member Posts: 37
    Options

exactly. His knights are pretty useless too. They can't break pallets for some reason and they are slow and easy to outrun.