For the love of god get rid of ranks!

Like the title says, please remove ranks.  The matchmaking system is killing this game.  The inability to que with friends and enjoy this game together is making people go elsewhere!  We don’t need people to say play killer, because we do that.  That doesn’t address the social aspect that brings people together.  If ranks were removed then all people would be able to have some games where the survivors are better and others where the killer was better.  But the main point is people would be able to play!  Some of us have responsibilities that don’t allow us to play all the time, we have limited playtime.  How long do you expect us to use that time in a lobby simulator?  This is on all mediums, but especially console players.  I have invested time and money in this game and it’s sad that I’m losing interest because I can’t even play the game.  A plea for help.  (FYI I have been rank 1 killer and survivor). So please don’t say the fix to this is play killer because it’s not and KYF gets old.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that then the newer players would get stomped by the veteran players. Que times have been atrocious for me as killer (I'm at rank 1 right now) and I normally only have time to play on weekends. I just want faster lobbies at high ranks. Maybe it's just rank reset tho, idk.

• Gemasuda
    Gemasuda Member Posts: 70
    Hate to say it, but new players would be carried if veteran players would be mixed in.  That equals balance.  If it’s a choice between having a few bad games or sitting on a infinite lobby screen, the choice is simple.
  • sandm0614
    sandm0614 Member Posts: 5
    Yea sometimes its 10 minutes to solo que on ps4. It sucks i agree.
  • Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited February 2019

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that then the newer players would get stomped by the veteran players. Que times have been atrocious for me as killer (I'm at rank 1 right now) and I normally only have time to play on weekends. I just want faster lobbies at high ranks. Maybe it's just rank reset tho, idk.

Gemasuda said:
    Hate to say it, but new players would be carried if veteran players would be mixed in.  That equals balance.  If it’s a choice between having a few bad games or sitting on a infinite lobby screen, the choice is simple.
    I hope you guys know that that still practically happens in today’s current ranking system with how worthless it is towards actually ranking you with someone of the same skill level.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I mean, do we really need to carry newbies? Other games didn't care about newbies and they got matchmaked with veterans and still the newbies continued playing. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

I mean, do we really need to carry newbies? Other games didn't care about newbies and they got matchmaked with veterans and still the newbies continued playing. 

I think it's fine that the game has a learning curve, you can't expect to immediately be skilled at a game when you start playing. I'm just saying that maybe it's not a great idea to have veterans with noobs because then they'll just get turned off from the game leaving the devs less players to actually keep the game alive.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    PhantomMask20763 said:

I think it's fine that the game has a learning curve, you can't expect to immediately be skilled at a game when you start playing. I'm just saying that maybe it's not a great idea to have veterans with noobs because then they'll just get turned off from the game leaving the devs less players to actually keep the game alive.

Maybe just a ranking from 20 to 15, after that everyone can vet matched with eachother. Obviously you would still lock out Deranking below rank 15 so the newbies stay with each other learning the basics