Perks you just can’t live without

Options

What’s perks on survivor or killer do you just have to have on every build?

The ones you’ve put on and just thought “yes, this is right”.

For me it’s spies in the shadows, I love those little crows and help me so much

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

Kindred

Always Kindred

I hate not having Kindred. I wish it wasn't the case but as a solo player, Kindred is almost a requirement if you want to be a decent player for your team

On killer, for some reason it's Oppression. I'm not all that sure why cause it's not even that great of a perk but basically every killer build I have has Oppression on it

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited November 2022
    Options

We'll Make It, probably my favourite survivor perk of all time

Discordance is so nice as well for killer, always sad to have to bench it

Less experienced me would say Spies from the Shadows, I'm still mourning not taking it in trials anymore

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Windows of Opportunity. Especially in solo, because you have no idea if your teammate(s) burned through the pallets without it.

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 269
    Options

It has to be Kindred. I play mostly solo queue these days and it feels like such a necessity to see if I need to cross the map to go for a save or to quickly get a read on which gens are being worked on to avoid a future 3 gen situation.

For killer, it's probably Lethal Pursuer. It has such a good beginning ability to get a good quality first chase and the fact it synergizes with other aura reading perks/add-ons makes it so valuable in nearly all of my killer builds.

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 73
    Options

As a survivor, I like Kindred or Deja Vu. I know they are for beginner players, but against campers, Kindred helps and in maps like Midwich, Deja Vu helps with finding gens.

As a killer, I like Bloodhound. Bright puddles make it easy to hunt you down. Sloppy Butcher is my second favorite.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    edited November 2022
    Options

Bamboozle on Bubba and Corrupt on Myers.

Other than that I’m not really attached to any specific perk. I used to be that way with Kindred when I was a newer player but I forced myself to stop using it because I was relying on it too much and I needed to learn how to play without it.

• BillsHere101
    BillsHere101 Member Posts: 247
    Options

Kindred and BBQ

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

Kindred, use it about 95% of the time.

We'll Make It, about 75% usage.

Prove Thyself, maybe 50% of my builds.

For killer, it's usually Jolt and/or Thrilling Tremors as my go to slowdown.

If I'm playing Dredge, Wraith, Demo or Sadako (in that order) then I'll probably have Make Your Choice and Floods of Rage.

Ghostface/Myers, Lethal Pursuer and at least one other timed aura perk or add on.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,658
    Options

Windows is great - One of the best perks in the game, atm.

• Demo_Gaming101
    Demo_Gaming101 Member Posts: 23
    Options

bloodwarden and noed

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

BBQ and Chili.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415
    Options

yea, ive noticed its high usage with survs always knowing where unused pallets are. So i started bringing the third seal in and found that helped alot

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,457
    Options

Shadowborn (default FOV sucks), Lightborn (I hate flashlight saves and getting blinded from ridicilous places that you don't even see on your screen), Kindred (key perk for Solo).

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

It varies and changes with time, but I think the only perk I'm kinda married to right now on either side is Distortion. Lots of aura reading out there at the moment.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 381
    Options

Bond never leaves my setup.

Combined with gamesense it helps with everything, finding gens, healing, killer position, hex totems, knowing when to go for the safe, you can even find items with it when your teammates go plundering.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Alert

I want to know when the killer eats a pallet

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

Shadowborne for killer and windows for survivor.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,762
    Options

At this point i'm pretty sure i am completely unable to take off Fixated, that 20% faster walking and visible scratch marks just feels really good

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

Hope

That 7% it's just incredible, can come in clutch in some moments. Also semi-counters the debuff from Uroboros and NOED.

Shadowborn

The default FOV it's just awful, I just can't

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

As survivor: Kindred. This perk is just amazing for multiple reasons in solo queue (tracking who's working on gens, who's going for saves, etc) and gives the extra benefit of being able to see whether the killer is camping, or in which direction they leave the hook from. It's just one of those top-tier perks that you consistently get use from in pretty much every match.

As killer: BBQ. I know it's not that amazing since the removal of the BP bonus, and there are arguably much better aura-reading perks, but I always find that being able to see survivors' locations as soon as I've hooked someone gives consistent momentum to the game. Equally, it's super great on killers with teleportation powers where they can surprise survivors in random places (try it on Dredge; it's super fun!).

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Brutal Strength as killer. Anything that allows me to shred through pallets faster is a necessity on maps like the meat plant.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

The moment I see more than one flashlight I put on Lightborn. I’m not getting flashing trapped ever again.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,658
    Options

Windows is 100% meta - I called it long ago and was met with skepticism.

I use it in my main/solo build of Self-Care/Overcome/Windows/Botany

Pretty easy build to perform with at any level.

Third Seal is definitely a pain, for sure :P

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

It used to be iron will but we all know what happened with that, so now it’s sprint burst.