Matches Taking Too Long

I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem. Lately I've been getting into matches that have been lasting almost, if not over, an hour. Mostly due to either killer builds being designed around gen suppression, teammates who won't work on gens or do, but keep dieing because they keep going back to the same gen or survivors/killers forcing a 3 gen.

The main cause being killer builds built to waste time. This can't be fun for anyone so just curious why people do this? Seems counter productive.

Comments

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

They don't do it cause they find it fun, they do it cause they want to win. Winning is the fun part for them.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

but ending the game in 5 mins is fun?

killers can't run anything else but gen regression since they will instantly lose thanks to this dumb meta

survivors on the other hand are most likely trying to do archive challenge or farming bloodpoints

and how is the killer forcing a 3gen situation i wanna learn that sorcery

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

You see it's in Appendix 37-4-A-87 on Line 45 in the Survivor's Rulebook. Just have to cross your eyes and blink 20 times then you'll see it.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

You can't have a match lasting over an hour if the max game time before the server closes the match is 1 hour 😐

• torrigarnet
    torrigarnet Member Posts: 7

I wasn't trying to bait. I'm asking a legit question. I'm a little disappointed that most of this is just the attitude of "cry more" than actually explaining it or helping me understand why people find it fun.

No I don't want a match over in a couple of minutes. I run into plenty of killers that end a game in a matter of seconds from slugs and that's not fun either.

Yes, forcing a 3 gen. There are videos out there of how to do it on killer. I didn't think this was a new concept.

Sometimes a match feels like almost over an hour. In the past 3 days I've had around 30% of my matches be almost an hour (around 55 minutes). You knew what I meant yet still chose the words you did. It's semantics compared to the overall point.

So I'll ask again. Who finds this waste of time fun? This cannot be what people want. Whether it's a 5 minute match or an hour match both are a waste of time, offerings & add-ons.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415

then you are playing in some alt dimension because games dont last 55 mins much less 30% of them.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    edited November 2022

The longest match I've had is 30 minutes lol if a match is lasting an hour, then the survivors are very bad and scared to progress the game. Step out of the bushes and lockers and do something.

• torrigarnet
    torrigarnet Member Posts: 7

So no one is willing to have a legit discussion on this. These forums are like the matches. A waste of time.

Y'all have fun then

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

As of right now, long games are always the fault of the survivors. No reason they shouldn't be done in like 5 minutes.

It's funny though that, as usual, the killer's somehow at fault for the problem.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Amusingly, my survivor games are the opposite. Generally killer stomps and that's not with full slowdown builds.

My killer games are often quite short as well, the longest I can remember tend to be around 30min and heavy around defending a 3gen.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,455

I've been playing for a couple years and I've had maybe 2 games last up to half an hour. 30% of your matches being almost 55min does not sound normal. What are you guys doing to progress the game? Are you all hiding? 3 gens can definitely extend a game, so maybe be proactive at the beginning of a game and work to try prevent one. There's a general perk called Deja Vu which can help