The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should There Be Percentage Penalties for Stacking Generator Perks?

Meta builds for amplifying or regressing gen progress still remain a constant thing in DBD. If the aim is to promote perk variety for both sides, how would you address this issue?

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

I think gen perks are too impactful right now. Players on both sides feel like they're at the risk of having no chance if they don't stack them.

Survivors feel like they need gen perks because the killer probably has 4 slowdowns, and the killer is running those 4 slowdowns because they feel the same.

But those perks also lead to bad gameplay on either side. Playing against the current killer meta is awful. Being locked out of your only objective or having to do the same generator twice over is just awful gameplay and it needs to be addressed yesterday.

There's too much variance in objective speed due to perks on either side. I'm not a dev. I don't know what a solution looks like. I can only point out what does and doesn't feel fun. I don't want or need 15-20 minute games to 4k on killer, and I certainly don't want to play 15+ minute games on survivor.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited November 2022

Caps Boons first then sure.

Or Remove all Boons and remove all gens perks

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I would love for there to be caps on how fast or slow an action could be or, as you stated, a percentage modifier when two effects increase or decrease the same action.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I do think there should be a cap for all actions in how fast or slow they can go

Interresting to point out that cause they work multiplicative gen slowdown already has "percentage penalties" when stacked

Thana at 20% slowdown and penti at 30% slowdown together slow down gen speed for 44% and not 50%

(1-(0.8×0.7)=0.44)