Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you enjoy playing againts Knight?

And if yes / no ... Why?

Also if you don't like him... Is it because of the player playstyles or the power itself (example: "so many camping Knights, Its boring", etc.)

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,851

No, I very much do not.

The reason is he simply blocks a loop so your only option is to hold W to the next loop or go down. There is no mind game, no chase interaction, just hold W to the next loop as you have no alternative. You could argue Artist is much the same but for some reason I find her less tedious to deal with and it still feels like I can play a loop against her even if my options are less

I cant blame anyone for the playstyle on Knight much like I cant blame people for using a slug and camp playstyle on Twins. It may be unfun to deal with but it is the most effective way to use them

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 282

No, as the above comment describes. There's really not a good way to use his power in chase that feels fun to go against. Shift W from loop to loop as he drops a guard instantly, and repeat until you're eventually cornered somewhere and he gets a free hit. Rinse and repeat for a down.

There is one fun thing I like to do against the knight that I don't see many others do (I only play solo queue), which is "stealing" his guard away while he's chasing someone else. If he plops down a carnifex and the person he's chasing makes distance, I intentionally let the carnifex chase me so the knight can't use his power against the person he's chasing for a whole 24 seconds + cooldown. 16 seconds if it's assassin or jailor. That is fun to do, but not much else.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yes and no.

Interacting with his Guards is a lot of fun and I love the aspect of his power, but how weak it is makes playing against him extremely boring. The only way to make his power viable is to hardcore camp with the Guards or cut off loops with a Guard.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,949

People say this all the time. "Enjoyable to go against"

I don't get it, they are trying to kill you, how is this enjoyable? Is it supposed to be enjoyable? I dont think so.

• MaTtRoSiTy

Because the fun part of the game is the chase, not your character being killed.

The best feeling is when it is like you are in your opponents head and you read their every move and predict accurately, along with fakes, jukes and tricks to cause your opponent to make a mistake.

Knight denies you all of those, there is no mind game, it is simply hold W to evade

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

No, @MaTtRoSiTy describes the reason very well. Also I find his interrupted chase sound annoying.

• HuntresssMain
    HuntresssMain Member Posts: 37

He is right. When you are playing a hold W killer it is not as fun to play against and your just running around not actually looping.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Make their power like nemesis zombies and that he can teleport to em or guide em to a specific zone. Like you come here.

The less survivors less guards.

So when one surv dies one guard dissapear.

• MaTtRoSiTy

How does blocking loops create skilled gameplay?

You either leave the loop or you get hit/downed, how is that a skill issue on my part? This seems like fundamental misunderstanding of the killers mechanics on your part

• Last night I faced someone who seemed like they had a good way of playing Knight. I think it was the most fun I've had facing a Knight.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

There are times when I enjoy using my head and times when I don't want to use my head.

When I'm in the mood for fun without using my head, playing against knight isn't a bad idea; just hold W and I'll experience success with ease. I can be a baby because I can always get a free success story.

When I'm in the mood to use my head, playing against knight is bad; there is no mind game other than hold W.

What fun is that? I'm not good enough at the game to play belly hard mode, but I'm also not baby enough to be satisfied with super easy mode.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893

I'm pretty indifferent to him. I guess the only thing that really irks me is when Knight players use their guards to camp. I know its an effective strategy but its annoying to play against.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Hes more fun to verse than play IMO.

I dont mind any killer but trapper tbh, but I wouldn't say hes a killer that I'd say "I wanna verse them" but I also wouldn't care running into a few often.

I just wish the knight was done better, stronger and more interactive for both sides especially as I love the medieval period/theme

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 314

No - he is boring to go against. Pretty much every Knight killer I have gone up against uses his power to shut down a loop. I just end up running to the next loop just fine. Also his minions are so easy to outrun, they are a joke. I will actually go up to them on purpose and have them chase me. The killer loses his power while I'm being chased by them and they are so easy to outrun. He's not a challenge. I want to see the Knight use his power like how it's intended to be used. Not to camp a hook (which they go away after you do a rescue save) or to try and shut down a loop. I have yet to go against a Knight that is smart with his power. I'm sure as time goes on I will. I just hope he doesn't turn into Twins 2.0

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Haven’t played against him since PTB and he wasn’t fun then so I’m sure he wouldn’t be fun now.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

90% of knights just camp the hook. The roam so close to the hook with a guard down right by it. Can't tell how many 1st and 2nd hook camp outs I've had thus far against the knight.

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 93

My only experience with Knights has been 3 campers and 1 who gave up. The campers I just did gens while they stood there and the one who gave up quit after 3 gens and just stood in basement. I messaged in post if they were okay but never got an answer. I hate it when killers give up, it reminds me of my first time as killer and couldn't do anything.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Some killers are fun to play against. I like playing against legion for example; faking out their power, trying to stun them during, bodyblocking further frenzies. All of that stuff is enjoyable. Even if it doesn't work I got some interaction out of it. Knight is just dumbed down artist with an obnoxious gen camping mechanic. There's no interactivity.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Like @MaTtRoSiTy said no. He isn't fun to play against