Trying to predict Knight's future

Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
edited December 2022 in General Discussions

Two things could happen

A) His winrate will be avarage like most Killers and they will leave him as he is now for the most part (same like all new killers this year, no balance update after they came out).

B) The Trickster's treatment.

If his winrate is below avarage and he is too weak, they will buff him but in thr similar theme like with Trickter.

They will just buff his raw numbers and not adress his most flaws and desing problems. So they will just make Guards faster and better at downing people mainly. So still he will suffer but he will be stronger because his numbers will be better.

Lets see if I will be correct or not. I hope I will not be in any of these two. Because he needs some mini-rework to make him more fun for both sides and make his the real strategy killer.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

He’ll be like trickster. Buffed slightly but not enough for people to bother playing him

In terms of cosmetics he’ll be like slinger. A small selection of outfits that barely fit the characters theme

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

I’m gonna go with the knights gonna be in the bargain bin of killers no one plays

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 956

Seriously, I think he will be abandoned like the Twins, but what he REALLY needed was the Freddy treatment. His power is so bad in so many ways it needed a full rework.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

I think the Knight's popularity will hinge on the outfits given to him. I'm not even joking with that. Strength wise, he's going to be middle of the road, so not played all that much.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Looking at how fast people stopped playing him after release, i´d say he´s just another killer no one bothers to play. Like Twins.

And just like Twins, there will be that one player who mains him and single handedly drives his kill rate up, using only the best addons. Which will "justify" not buffing him.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Hopefully B

Any improvement to the guards is warranted right now. I'm not sure he'll go quietly though. He seems way more talked about than Artist and Dredge were. Then again, Wesker has completely died down my end recently.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

Statistics show numbers, but it is important to consider why the numbers are the way they are.

Knight is played a lot in the first 3 months or so when he first appeared. But Knight will soon become the worst used killer. He may still be used more than the Twins though lol. Unlike Wesker, he is weak, uninteresting and very difficult to find value in playing. There is no expansion through add-ons.

And the players who continue to use the knight even though no one uses him anymore will play him really well. This could cause the denominator to decrease and the numerator to increase, resulting in a not-so-low kill rate. (For my part, I also think that the kill rate may not go up even if the knight is handled well.)

They may look at it and decide it's "playable, git gud" and leave it as it has always been, and I really don't expect that since almost nothing has changed after the PTB feedback.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Hopefully they will buff the patrol setting and area control and nerf the "drop guard at the loop, lol"-playstyle. Knights area denial and patrols are quit nice, especially with the banner mechanic and I like them.

I think the best idea for that would be longer patrol times (with a callback option), faster creation of long paths and something to prevent his "tapping the power", like buffer.

His concept overall is cool and very ambicious.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2022

I dont think the Knight will be ever be played a lot because his power relies entirely on AI and its prone to many bugs, Nemesis was released like a year and a half ago and his zombies still have plenty of bugs with pathing and location but at least they are just a minor part of his power.

Post edited by HectorBrando on
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Just rework him into the hell ember from IdV lol.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

Knight will probably be at a normal winrate due to his gameplay promoting hookcamping with guards to secure his kills. BHVR will continue to ignore the fact he absolutely cannot function if played "normally" so he will stay untouched and unloved until he fades into complete obscurity like Twins. This killer has no future to speak of.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 684

The most flop Killer ever. I never saw anyone in the first week from release be almost complete forget like the knight. I play agaisnt knight 2 times in a row, just on last week. This week i dont play against knight until now. His power is absolutely meme.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,516

I guess his kill rates will be way higher than people think.

Players here in the forum are just too good (or pretend to be).

He is a killer with extra stuff to care about - the normal player struggles with extra stuff.

I played some rounds and a lot just ran into me while escaping the guards.

• CaptainLoin
    CaptainLoin Member Posts: 10

Given the history of 2022 killer buffs, I wouldnt anticipate much movement at all on Knight. He will stay very comfortable where he is now for the next 6 months or more, unless they decide to skip passes on Sadako, Dredge, Wesker (likely), and Twins.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,209
    edited December 2022

It's tough and I kind of feel for the devs on this one. It's a killer power nobody really wanted on either side, and it's weak. It promotes the worst aspects of DbD for both roles: camping/tunneling/zoning on killer and holding W on survivor. Players were tired of it before Knight came out. So a whole dev cycle went into this killer and there's already an argument to be made for a full rework within 2 weeks of their release.

It's a bit of a disaster and you wonder how much they're reading the room in terms of what players are looking for with killer powers and gameplay. They don't seem interested in releasing mechanically complex killers anymore for whatever reason (unless you count Pinhead). And we have to take the context of 6.1 into the conversation where they made perk changes that have led to arguably the worst meta we've seen gameplay-wise. There's a disconnect here.

It's hard to say what they're going to do with the Knight or the game as a whole.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

I agree with this, the average player has no idea whats going on, if people at top mmr manage to let sadako get more than 3 hooks Im willing to bet even a killer with no power can keep a somewhat around 50% killrate, since they will almost never run into someone who knows how to play.

• killer998
    killer998 Member Posts: 100

They don't balance the game around the top level of play. They balance around the mediocre terms of play.

It's why knight is so survivor friendly as he is. He's a good killer for the lower levels to contend with. He'll be one of the killers the new players figure out how to play against first like trapper is.

So his kill rate will be solid since he'll butcher the low ranks, thus the Devs will think he's in a solid spot but get trashed at the higher levels like more than half of the killer Roster.

It's why nurse isn't touched. She has the lowest kill rate in the game since at the low levels where no one can play her she's struggling super hard. But at the higher levels she's the dominant killer of the roster competing against the best of the best survivors and survivor swfs.

As long as he's not so bad even the newbies and bad players are taking him down easily they'll be content with him.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Im scared he'll end up like haddie. No green rarity cosmetics - only a linked set that changes his model.

Everything else he has is default and tbh doesnt match very well. Massive missed opportunity for different types of knight armour.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yep. Him and slinger both have huge cosmetic opportunities

When you make an undead looking outlaw how are the 2 cosmetics that come to your mind “red Chinese onesie” and “moths”

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I haven't seen a Knight in a couple days.

Although, on NightLight he has the highest pick rate and the 2nd lowest Kill Rate. Take that with a massive grain of salt.

I've been doing well with him, personally. Whether that's because I've put far too much time into Killer or because Knight isn't actually that bad is difficult to say.

• Pulsar

depends on what account your asking about.

In total I think I've got close to 6K hours on Killer and MAYBE 1K on Survivor.

• Pulsar

That would require some hefty time dilation, so no. Just on Killer in general.

• Pulsar

I think I've put about a day or so into him.

I think he's bad but generally usable. He relies on addons to get value out of his power though. Extra chase time and map of the realm are must runs after his nerf in the hot fix patch.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,139

I hope 0,5 second cast time is bug and get fixed in hotfix 2. Half of my patrols are missing now due to the change. the assassin and carnifex cannot get into chase anymore. It also sucks that map of realm got nerfed. its his best add-on and yet they had to nerf it. I am just playing blight and wesker for now until they fix it.

• Pulsar

I figure if I can learn him now than imagine how good I could be when they buff him.

They're gonna buff him....right? Surely.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,930

I doubt he is as weak as you guys say he is.

I have a feeling he is not worse than others.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,209

Unless you are willing to commit to the most horrendously boring killer playstyles imaginable, he is actually that bad. It's hard to believe he made it through a dev cycle all the way to release

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

How on earth do you manage to idnore thr fisherman cosmetic, its amazing, and yeah slinger needs more cosmetics but the fisherman is the GOAT.