How many hacks u meet today?

Options

2 speed hacks in 8 games. Anyone has the same situation?

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,168
    Options

Yesterday I had a blight hacking, he was running through pallets and windows with no collision and whenever he downed you and picked up , you froze in place unable to even wiggle until you were already on the hook, dude was falling out of the sky with his rush to hit a survivor and then would just keep running without even stopping it was ridiculous, I mean imagine needing to cheat to win and still getting 4 gens done on you

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

I'm not sure, but sometimes I find survivors healing speed really suspicious.

"Didn't I just hit you 4-5 sec ago?" - kind of thing. But who knows...

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,199
    Options

Sometimes survivors seem a bit too quick, but it's more difficult to detect.

The game should be able to determine that all by itself.

• kk_i_cool
    kk_i_cool Member Posts: 4
    Options

That's the most easy hack to detect but dbd did nothing. Speed hack will be banned in seconds when play PUBG.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 392
    Options

I hate that hacking, especially subtle cheating is so prevalent in this game that it makes it hard to distinguish between legitimate game issues i.e glitches/bugs, ping/lag, high-level med/tool kits and actual cheats being used. It makes everyone paranoid and question if they're seeing true hacks/exploits or just the game breaking because of some crossed wires in the code.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,086
    edited December 2022
    Options

I had a whole group I think. I started off strong, and then I noticed a scream bubble out of nowhere in the distance when I went to pick up a Cheryl. But my build was Corrupt/Pain Res/Lethal/Bamboozle. Zero reason for a survivor to make the scream bubble notification. Suddenly an Ace was there for a flashlight save. And after that it seemed like the Cheryl turned off her hitbox a couple times. Whole game was really sus.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,504
    Options

Many. But if you're talking about hackers, no I haven't seen any today.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

i've seen maybe 3 during my whole 900 hours in dbd

• AppeaseTheEntity
    AppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 61
    Options

I encountered 3 deepwounds without any deepwound modifiers mid-chase last game.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

None.... Ever.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493
    Options

I can't remember the last time I saw a hacker. Fairly rare.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    edited December 2022
    Options

First, please don't call them hacks / hacker. We're talking about downloading cheats, which takes no skill at all.

I can see BHVR actually did something and it worked, which is good. Can't really tell about subtle cheats, but at least i didn't experienced any obvious cheats since weeks. Until yesterday when i had a "jumping" David in my team. Report and go on. Aura perks on both sides can help to expose them when you're seriously report them with clips.

And pls guys, when you're matched with a cheater... DON'T give them attention, this is all they want! Just finish the gens and leave asap.

As killer there's is nothing you can do anyway, you're not supposed to win vs. a cheater. Luckily i heard you don't need to wait 2 hours anymore when a cheater is holding you hostage and the game finally ends with the EGC. At least i hope this is already implemented.

• Klavatoo
    Klavatoo Member Posts: 61
    Options

in the last 100 games maybe 1? lol.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Haven't seen a hacker since June.

Blessed be low mmr !

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    edited December 2022
    Options

did 4 games yesterday... 2 of them were with subdole speed hackers (they were fast enough to always reach a safe zone no matter what) and in another one i suspected wallhack. That survivor didn't fall to mindgames even once... or to be precise until all gens were done, since he started to be like the others in the endgame (i saw him staying idle for 2 despite i stopped chasing his mate and going for him since i saw him in a zone that was without pallets due to a previous chase)

• kk_i_cool
    kk_i_cool Member Posts: 4
    Options

I wonder why DBD can not detect the hacks, which are pretty easy to detect in other games. IDKY

• Glassgo
    Glassgo Member Posts: 10
    Options

killer had no aura perks, warp tokens were depleting, and always knew our location

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,337
    Options

I mean subtle hacking may well still be prevalent, we'll never know really, but personally I've seen a lot less blatent hackers the last few months.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    edited December 2022
    Options

I think the micro hacks are a big problem for both sides.Had a ghostface insta stalking looking right at him and his stalk keeps going,then had survivors that you just quite couldn’t catch even in bl3 running in a straight line.Insta heals are there too.Game is hacker paradise.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

I think this explains the game popularity, easily hackable games are always more popular than those which are harder to cheat or even next to impossible.

Streamers are even saying that at very high MMR every second player is a subtle cheater, that's why devs made change to MMR so streamers don't have to face almost all the times.

Also the most popular cheat is wallhacking, I think cheaters are even calling it legit mode, if no other cheats used, since impossible to prove it, if used.

And also that's why some survivor or killer always knowing the location of everything, it isn't game sense but wallhacking

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263
    Options

Been seeing a decent chunk of not so sublte Ghostfaces who think people won't notice them insta stalking, and not a single day goes by without suspecting wallhacks. I once had to go afk for a bit right at the start of a game (was still in LOS of my screen) for irl reasons and the killer (Bubba) went straight to the random locker I was in, he did not have lethal pursuer or any other perk.

A few blatant cheaters like this Claudette.

People using bugs/exploits for their own benefit, at the moment usually Freddy's (if you know, you know), are also rampant.

Finally random Q teammates who have more than 5 perks are also a thing apparently.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Since i run bond and kindred with open handed i'm afraid how many people (killer / survivor) stand still for 5 seconds multiple times of the match without any apparent reason. I guess they adjust their headset or something.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Cheaters not hackers, i have also given up reporting it... nothing serious are being done about it anyway and the requirements and time for reporting just 1 cheater are really a joke. If i had to spend 20 mins every time i should report a cheater i would have time to play the game,

I wish BHVR would wake up from their "dream world" and see that what they ask of people is unrealistic, and take some responsibility for a game they manage...