All winter cosmetics are leaving, really bhvr?

Options

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    edited December 2022
    Options

Pajamas made no sense to me until I saw the small Christmas Themes.

Post edited by Emeal on
  • Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

The only unbelieve thing here is some of you thinking you deserve a "special treatment". They are not point guning anyone to buy the limited skins.. get over with it. Maybe if you spend more time working instead of wasting your time on the forums you could buy the skins you want all at cost.. Like, come on its just a skin your life isn't going to end if you don't have one or two.

• Superbeasto1974
    Superbeasto1974 Member Posts: 141
    Options

But see, in your example, your target is a demographic with under-developed decision-making skills and an inability to visualize life more than 24 hours into the future. In the present situation, we're talking about grown-ass adults. Do you mean to equate people susceptible to FOMO with having child-like minds incapable of knowing what is in their best interests? Because that's kind of my takeaway from this really poor comparison.

These are marketing techniques. Not Jedi mind tricks.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

There's a lot of people who play Jane like me who use her Hollywood Dress outside the event. You can't blanket statement stuff you haven't seen

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

how the ######### is this a scummy practice, is every one here living under a rock?

Games have been doing this for a long time.

Im an Advocate of they should release skins and then never release them again or maybe in a different color.

You guys should be lucky they even come back.

Scummy is bringing back the Battle Pass items to be purchased in the shop, thats not how Battle Passes work in other games. its either you get them or not.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

They are NOT removing them from the game they are just leaving until NEXT YEAR. Like any other game that has SEASONAL cosmetics.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

Many said they will return next year. Now, one can choose to believe that BHVR are liars and that they will change their mind and make them permanently removed when Christmas comes around next year, and... well, hey you could be right, but I seriously doubt you are.

You say prove it, well... We will see next year. That's all anyone can say except for BHVR, which again, Mandy has assured us they WILL be back next year. That's as close as you are going to get to proof.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,531
    Options

Your argument is as long as other games do it it can’t be scummy? And if DbD does something differently than others -even though it was stated to work like that before the first tome/rift started - it is scummy?

• The_Scarlet_Witch
    The_Scarlet_Witch Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2022
    Options

This explains everything now

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options
  • AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    edited December 2022
    Options

They are still working on Cross Progression for Switch, and they've said that the holiday cosmetics are an exception. It's only a few more weeks until you will be able to get Vittorio's very rares for shards. IF and that's a BIG IF you can't in a few weeks, then that will be different.

• BarnesFlam
    Options

Less than 24 hours before they all leave.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
    Options

I mean, the game is already pay to win, idk why people get surprised like monetization in dbd is a new thing lol

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 632
    Options

I personally like this sazonality, but, i think DBD should have a better physic, because, every hair, every clothe, everything about cosmetic are so static and boring to see, nothing moves, wheres the hairs moviments? clothes moviments? these simple things make a lot of diference for experience in the game and could be more appelative to buy them. If we will sazonality cosmetics, they need be better than now

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 407
    Options

that's really all the official team can respond with? the game with all the killers and survivors is around 150$ without grinding shards. 15 buck skins, paid battle passes and now limited time skins. "well just wait a whole year".

seriously?

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Stabby_Widdershins Member Posts: 485
    Options

Did...did someone really lose their mind over seasonal outfits leaving after the season ends?

I wonder what OP's reaction would be to my local Halloween mega-store, which opens for October only and closes November 1st until next October 1st, every year.

Or how about when grocery stores only sell Valentine's Day candy around Valentine's Day.

Or how Christmas decorations leave stores after December 31st. Not to mention the holiday deals that end after the holidays! So much FOMO! Down with Big Money! 🤣

• VikingDragonXii
    Options

No they got the point and made a post showing how ridiculous all this hate for BHVR sounds. All the examples they gave are the very same situation as the seasonal cosmetics leaving when their season ends.

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Options

I got the thread just fine; OP lost his mind over winter cosmetics being seasonal, as if it was something new or surprising.

So please take your high horse out and put it in the stables instead of riding it around the forums, because I'll post wherever I want.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Most players wouldn't even be able to see the cool and interesting moving parts you talked about, playing on the lowest graphics settings in order to not spawn too much grass and rubble:p

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

Hmm it's almost like inventory of physical goods is limited by store costs and space, but that doesn't apply whatsoever to video game DLC...

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Options

You completely missed the point. None of my examples were inventory based:

• The Halloween store has enough costumes to sell year-round. They just choose to b e open one month a year.
    • Stores have enough candy to sell outside Valentine's Day.
    • You think Wal-Mart runs out of Christmas decorations? They just store them away for next year.

Hmm, it's almost like every business rotates stock and store away seasonal items after that season ends. WEIRD! 🤔

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

The inventory a store chooses to display is limited, if not by supply, then by the store's dimensions and limited shelf space. If wal mart had infinite shelf space, they would surely stock all kinds of seasonal decorations year round. Hence you can easily find Halloween costumes online at any time. So again, comparing physical constraints of brick and mortar stores to digital items is foolish.

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Options

No, it's not 'foolish' just because someone wants to screech that seasonal cosmetics are somehow predatory. Jesus.

But go off. It's clear some people just want to keep yelling about literal first-world problems that in no way affect their daily lives. No one is going to die or go bankrupt because holiday skins were limited to the damn holiday season. 🤦‍♂️

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Options

BHVR can't control every store. Your comparison is nonsense.

BHVR has decided to end the seasonal sales. It's not the end of the damn world, and it's not a scam or 'greedy' or 'scummy'. Stop with the mental acrobatics to justify being angry at a tiny problem no one sane cares about.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 525
    Options

Maybe because only in the north hemisphere is winter now?

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331
    Options

Seasonal things being seasonal isn't scummy at all. You're just looking for reasons to complain.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    Options

1) I completely agree - nobody should attack forum moderators or anyone else for that matter.

2) Personally I don't play any other games where this specific tactic is used so there's nothing to complain about. Also, this is the DbD forum, so I am not sure what other games have to do with it necessarily.

That said, I used to play a game that had purchasable cosmetics and limited-time cosmetics from the start but that company never promised players anything else and then went back on it or added exemptions and loop-holes so they didn't have to stand by what they said. If a company starts with scummy tactics, that's one thing - you can choose if you want to support that or not. But if a company is descending into scummy tactics later on, of course people who love their game are going to give feedback on it because it feels like a betrayal of their good faith.

3) People can choose what type of review they want to leave and what's important to them. I would say the first step is to voice your dissatisfaction on the forum or social media. If there's enough backlash they might reconsider as they do take community feedback on board from time to time. If they stick by this decision, then they know what they are doing and that a lot of people will be pissed off and they will have to deal with the consequences.

I think for a lot of people the issue is not the cosmetics themselves (although limited-time stuff is annoying in itself) but the tactic of preying on FOMO and dishonest messaging towards the community. So it's more a matter of principle and I do think that's something worth speaking up for.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,380
    Options

There is literally no benefit for us players in seasonal cosmetics. If you don't mind that at all great, good for you. But some of us like to buy cosmetics with shards and don't want to wait for that cosmetic to be in season again.

Apart from that, there is no need for this. It's just an easy marketing tactic to get more money out of the players.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    edited January 2023
    Options

Sounds like some paid actors, only no one is actually getting paid.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    Options

Speak loud with your words, but speak even louder with your wallets.

• VikingDragonXii
    Options

Mizu you won't get through sadly....these are the DbD forums and anyone who doesn't share in the "most popular opinion" will be made a outcast and that they are "wrong" in the way they are thinking.

You said your peace and be done with it because at the end of the day these forums are filled with keyboard warriors that will not see anyone else's opinions but their own.

• BarnesFlam
    Options

Example of dishonest messaging: announcing on social media that all future original cosmetics will be available to buy with Iri Shards 4 weeks after their release. then, announcing on this forum only that the "seasonal" cosmetics are exempted from that rule.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options
  • LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2023
    Options

Post edited by LiaLight on