Why are all the new maps and reworked maps so bright?

Options

The old maps were so much darker and had more of a "scary" look, but after they reworked most of them they got so bright. Is there a reason for this?

Just wondering nothing survivor or killer related=)

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Anything that wont make them do actual brightness setting in the game I guess

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Something about making a downgrade and making maps favor one side more heavily.

Removing the blue, yellow and green tint of the first three maps was awful

• Bombaclatt
    Bombaclatt Member Posts: 32
    Options
  • C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I remember freshly reworked Lery was really dark, scary with low light from windows.

Now its really bright.

But the most important thing is, no where to set traps in new & rework maps.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

Probably because it can be hard to see anything at all, if the map is very dark. I've seen that happen on Garden of Joy, old RPD and half the maps when playing as Freddy. Too bad BHVR have so much trouble with finding the middle ground here.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

??? The green in Autohaven is way more intense than it was before, almost to the point to where it feels unnatural.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

Because they apparently hate Trapper? It makes his addon to darken the traps counter-productive and makes them easier to see!

Frankly, that add-on should be changed to make them camouflage with the surrounding area.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

Because there are players that use filters to brighten the game anyway so may as well make it bright for everyone.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

Because developers seriously believe that players really want them.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Console. PC gamers can adjust visuals to their liking. A long-time complaint about console DBD was the absurd darkness even with brightness turned up.