We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Need help with the Knights power

How do oyu guys use it? It feels like his power is useless in a chase because the survivors can see, where you place the guard and since they can see the detection range of gards that are patroling, nearly nobody gets spotet by guards and i only use them to camp hooks. Any tips?

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Don’t try to draw lines with it unless you have them cornered. Insta drop a guard at pallets and loops, which will force them out of the loop. His power is particularly strong on indoor maps like RPD and Lery’s. Trying to camp hooks with it does not work if the survivors know it.

Simply put, just instadrop the guard. Don’t draw lines.

• Bubbalover
    Bubbalover Member Posts: 38

What do i get from dropping the guard? It will never start a chase like this and i will waste time

• HugTechLover

If you drop it right at the loop, it can easily start chase. And if it doesn’t, it forces them away from the loop. Just trust me. Drawing lines wastes SOOOOO much time if the survivor is semi competent. You have to play him exactly like artist. Another strong build for him is the addons that spawn carbifex twice paired with action speed increase. He insta breaks pallets. Use enduring / spirit fury and you’re golden with a pallet shredder knight.

• Bubbalover
    Bubbalover Member Posts: 38

Droping a guard feels better than drawing a line but still feels weary weak

• Bloodraven
    Bloodraven Member Posts: 59

The only real issue I have playing as him is how fat the bubble is to use his power, you spend more time backing up and moving side to side to try and even activate it than you actually do using it half the time.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    edited December 2022

His power is often underwhelming, no doubt about that. A few things:

• If you use guards to camp the hook (while you leave), survivors can just run through the guard and unhook. A guard who is chasing them will disappear immediately when they start to unhook.
    • One thing you can do with guards is camp generators that you've kicked with Call of Brine/Overcharge (thus keeping the survivors away and allowing the generators more time to regress).
    • You can throw down a guard before picking up a survivor to make sure no one tries a flashlight save.
    • Addons: Map of the Realm makes it easier for guards to get into a chase (increases their vision range). Dried Horsemeat makes chases longer (more delay/more chance of actually getting a hit). Tattered Tabard increases patrol time, which helps with the generator strategy mentioned above. Carnifex is overall the best for chases, as his chase lasts quite a while, so Battle Axe Head can be useful.
  • HugTechLover

That’s because the knight is weak. That’s the best way to use his power, but he’s still weak overall.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,441

You have to listen for the footsteps and predict. It's similar to what you do with Spirit without MDR but less effective. I like the Knight but he won't be a top tier Killer.

Camping hooks is useless with his power once you start hitting survivors who understand the Knight unless you're a facecamper and there as well (not judging if you are). Wait for guard to detect you, unhook while the guard is setting standard, guard despawns. You wasted maybe one or two seconds of the survivor's time in exchange for tying up your power.