Toxic levels at all time high?

gchiasson
gchiasson Member Posts: 8
edited December 2022 in General Discussions

Been playing this game on and off for the better part of a few years, but really got back into it with my gf early this year.

Throughout the whole time we've been playing, there's obviously been some levels of toxicity. Especially from the killers side (don't say its both sides and that they are anywhere near equal) but the past two weeks have been the absolute worse. Idk what update, or whatever happened but the past two weeks are brutal.

It is every. second. game. Genuinely the only time we've won in the past two weeks is for two reasons; a) the killer lets us win. Fun holiday version of the game, the killers find it funny to be snowman, it's all fun and games and enjoyable on both sides or b) the killer is very new to the game. Cannot land a hit, doesn't really know how to break pallets, just overall you can tell they are new to being killers or something. When the killer tries? We have lost every single game, or maybe a handful (up to 5) games in the past week (where we usually play around 5 games per night).

It's the toxic levels of this game. The killers have repeatedly slugged, they have repeatedly camped (don't get me started on the Knight) and they have consistently tunnelled. It is damn near every single game.

You can tell that the 'style of play' the killers are using just to win a game is ruining the game as well. Teammates don't even try to get people off the hook anymore and god knows I haven't been trying either, because we'd all be dead anyways. It's getting impossible to even find lobbies, we are waiting the longest we have ever waited since getting the game just to find a lobby. Idk if it's the player count or what but this game is breaking because they give the killers too much room to be toxic, and if they are going to be toxic, they are allowed to be REALLY toxic.

Comments

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

I don't know what it is about this weekend specifically but the games have been AWFUL.

Wesker using a snowman to camp hooks without a terror radius

An artist hooked me in basement with 4 gens still left, slugged the person who traded with me and left them IN BASEMENT to chase me all the way across Ormond to the opposite corner from shack just to tunnel me

A Wraith that ran sloppy and 4 man slugged my whole team

I mean just absolute garbage gameplay for no apparent reason other than "winning" I guess??? Like.... there's been SO many of those game this weekend that by Saturday noon, I already decided DBD was done until like Wednesday. I can't with people just finding the most boring and toxic playstyles

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

Yeah yeah, all those bad toxic killers... It's almost like if one readies up as the killer all empathy gets stripped off of them and every human being becomes a merciless killing machine whose only aim is to make every game miserable and unfun... and boring.

Bad bad killers...

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

As someone who does actually play both sides 50-50 I experience more toxicity from survivors than I see from Killers even after taking the 4 to 1 ratio into account.The only way you could say that Killers are more toxic is if you're completely unacquainted with playing Killer.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Agreed. I play majority killer, but survivors are most definitely more toxic in regards to BMing. Post game chat is often filled with slurs and insults from survivors in my killer games. Most of my survivor games, the killer just says GG.

• gchiasson
    gchiasson Member Posts: 8

No experiences with post-game chat as I'm PS4 main, but what makes survivors 'toxic' in the eyes of the killer? T-bagging? Waiting last second to leave door? I'm not going to fully disagree with what you're saying anyways as it wasn't really the point of the post. I'm just talking about the past few days feeling very toxic, and sure, survivors included.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

By GF you mean ghost face right?

• jwill1197
    jwill1197 Member Posts: 15

Yeah queuing is miserable right now. I've played 40 games this weekend and escaped through the gates in less than 10. Every game is full gen-kick build. The gens take longer than ever, the slowdown is stronger than ever...

You know it's bad when if you queue up as a killer and play with the slightest bit of consideration, you get showered in praise. I feel like a messiah right now with how appreciative everybody I've played against has been in endgame chat for being the only killer who isn't going out of their way to have a boring, uninteractive game in the name of "winning"

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Taking post chat out of it teabagging at pallets and waiting at the end gate to taunt the Killer. I see people doing that far more than I see Killers hard camping and tunneling which I don't consider to be toxic anyway but an overly effective strategy that BHVR needs to change.