Noises made by survivors?

lemoNN
lemoNN Member Posts: 43
Sometimes I see someone like tru3 saying he heard someone breathing and that he knew he was there or something, but whenever I play, I don't hear #########. I don't know if my volume is too low (it's probably at like 75% or something) so I was wondering as I am getting really paranoid, are there actually noises or can you only hear the killer breath?

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Do you have a good set of headphones?

I never hear survivors breathe but I get alerted by footsteps sometimes

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437
    Honestly as killer I've never heard survivors breathing but as surv ive heard killers breathing like the pig and myers. Then again i keep my game volume under 50% and my pc volume is at 6 soo if you don't have sensitive ears like I do try turning the volume up.
  • lemoNN

Do you have a good set of headphones?

I never hear survivors breathe but I get alerted by footsteps sometimes

I do have a pair of Razer kraken and they are pretty sensitive, I can hear on maps like The game and lerys or if they are really close to me but nothing else. Especially the stupid chase music that literally destorys all kind of sounds for me.
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2018
    The sounds are really faint unless you're paying close attention. I'm not a killer main, so I am not an expert in locating survivors with the aid of the sounds, but I'm sure I have heard their footsteps while they run, and also heard them breathe when they are too close. Not sure whether the perk stridor makes a difference with the breathing, but I guess it's a good perk. So to answer your question, yes, you can really hear survivors breathe when they are really close and also you need a good pair of headphones in order to achieve that. 
  • lemoNN
    Guess I am just a bad killer then. Thanks for the answers
  • foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2018
    lemoNN said:
    Guess I am just a bad killer then. Thanks for the answers
    No you're not!
    Post edited by foodie on
  • no_username
    no_username Member Posts: 16
    I only get to hear the survivors after they have ran because their breathing is much louder, i usually only hear the females because they are really loud.
  • lemoNN
    Yeah. I also realized that claudette has like the highest sounding moan or whatever when she is hurt, the men are  relaxed expect Bill. He's insane.