how often do you win in solo q??

Options

i usally play 60 matches precisely every month and lose slightly more than I win. (28-32 was my last month)

buttttttt Recently i been finding it almost impossible to win without kinderd. What yall win rate in solo q on average??

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I win more than I lose, though that would be higher if I ignored every game that had a DC or someone give up early for a stupid reason.

Matchmaking also just sucks, I'm sorry but I still get players that have no idea how to play in the slightest yet I'm a vet and highly skilled (even win alot so my mmr should be high) but its impossible to carry a team of very bad players (as it should be but definitely ruins the amount of wins)

It's also worth noting EVEN IF YOU DIE other may escape, it's a team game afterall so you may die but that dont mean others didnt "win" for you so to speak. Best way to view tunneling, you may die but you're doing it for your teams win

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

"just feels hopeless" i know!!

i run aura reading build most of the time (object, bond, etc) so i can see exactly how things are unfolding.....and man hopeless is the perfect word to describe it

• solarjin1
    Options

I swear the match making is non existing. every other game u got one potatoe teammate no matter my mmr. It's almost impossible to beat a good killer with these teams if they got good gen defense man. I don't think killers are op or nothing but damn!!! how can i win with this. You can't stop people from dying and most Killers won't chase u for 2 to 3 gens anymore...

(if u looping well they will just leave)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Hard to say. 50/50ish? Maybe more maybe less. I'm more concerned with why I lose games rather than how often I lose games.

As others have alluded to, matchmaking often puts you in completely hopeless games. I'm sure the math works in terms of MMR averages, but individuals can't carry games in this genre to the degree that they can in other symmetrical competitive games. I've pretty much stopped playing the game altogether. A ranked mode would bring me back, but solo queue just leaves me bored or frustrated most of the time.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

I win enough games as a SoloQ to easily make it to Grade Iridescent I long before reset. I don't track how many games I play or win. I'd estimate I escape 30-40% of the time.

Bond really helps.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    Options

Yeah, tunnelling accounts for a fair percentage of my losses as well, it's far too strong of a tactic against solo survs. Especially for how easy it can be to do. I wouldn't agree that it's the player's fault though, the responsibility to fix bad game mechanics falls on the devs.

I can't blame killers for taking advantage of it.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

I dont play solo q, because if I'm playing by myself I'm just gonna play killer. My SWF rate is around 50/50 and if going down to 2 man or 3 man probably closer to 25-35% although probably higher if eliminating early DC or hook suicide.

Matchmaking hates me and rarely gives me competent teammates.

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 73
    Options

Not all too often. I'd say out of 10, it'd be about 3 but not back to back. It's making me really reconsider joining a group. Not for wins, but you know, friends to survive with.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

Close to 50ish. On many days it goes in streaks where I win tons followed by a day where I get curb-stomped.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    edited December 2022
    Options

If I play 10 games of solo survivor which I always do now since I don't swf anymore then I win about 3-4 out of 10 of those matches unless I'm on a hot streak then it's roughly like 5 out of 6. Not bad. I can't tell if I've just gotten better as a player or if the match making for me improved with teammates and the killers I go against. Unless there's a DC or rage quit on hook, my games are usually very close.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,870
    Options

I honestly thought my escape rate was at like 20% until I started tracking my games. My escape rate is actually about 40%, but that includes pity escapes from killers. I really don't get enough of those for it to really impact on me I think, but to be more accurate and exclude those I'd say around 35% escape rate. I'll also add that I don't care if i die, so I don't play sweaty or try hard, and I'll happily die to get a team mate out. So I think taking that into consideration, my escape rate is pretty decent.

• solarjin1
    Options
  • Crazed_rebelchic
    Crazed_rebelchic Member Posts: 13
    Options

This isspot on, how I feel!

I'm an avid gamer and was surprised how Tricky dead by daylight can be, it's what still keep me interested.

Only ever played SWF A handful of times it's way easier but I tend to like the Solo Q better.

6 of 10 matches, I have the highest or 2nd highest score, depending on if the killer scores higher. I feel like some time I can stay alive but most often I'll get study worth either a horrid team or even worse, a baby killer.

( I say "baby killer feel worse" because I'd rather diffic

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367
    Options

Probably like 70%+

• solarjin1
    edited December 2022
    Options

god damn! any general tips?

should i be running certain perks more or focusing on gens less. Anything suggestions would help

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,143
    Options

Pro player is right here.

Side note: you can totally tell who are killer side by saying escape over 50%.

• Blueberry
    edited December 2022
    Options

Most people just waste too much time. If you're actually good you loop the killer for a long time, otherwise just sit on a gen. If you ever aren't sure what you should be doing, get on a gen. Wasting time is the main reason people lose though. Too much walking around, hiding ect.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

More than i lose on average, but there are always some days where i will sometimes die more than usual and days where i will escape every match.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I rarely escape these days and I just do not believe those who claim they 'win' more often than not in solo queue.

The problem now is full slowdown builds and in particular Eruption on already strong killers like Nurse or Blight. DC's and suicides on hook don't help either but solo queue lately is often reduced to trying to salvage points before dying.

Not like I am a baby survivor, I have 3k hours (3 accounts lol) in DBD and while I do play killer a fair bit I would consider myself a survivor main overall.

I feel DBD was quite survivor sided before but I am at the point where I feel like I am only going to play killer or just stop playing again for while

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

I consider myself a decent survivor and I'm not even close to 70%. Do you stream? Maybe I could learn a few things... Lol

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Yeah I just don't buy these claims and I am not saying I am a survivor god but I am quite experienced with a lot of hours on survivor and I would say my escape rate is maybe 30% on average

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Rougly 50%. Some days below, some days above. It usually stands and falls with how the rest of the team behaves. If i get teammates that suicide on their first hook, then its usually a loss. If i get teammates that know what they do, then its usually a win.

Also Bond does help a lot. I can avoid running the killer into my teammates or keep doing gens peacefully inside the killers terror radius, because i see my teammates running in circles.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 391
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'm guessing a lot of the low numbers are people stuck in low MMR. Once you get into higher MMR ranges, you'll usually get teammates who at least know how to play and you should be winning at least 40% of your games, more depending on what you count as winning. It's pretty hard to win at lower levels when everyone immediately sprints for the unhook every time and then whines about camping.

If your count winning as games where you had a good time and fun things happened, that number skyrockets to like 80%.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,870
    Options

Your own actions only go so far in solo queue though. Your team plays a big role in whether you escape or not. If you're getting 70%+ escape rate in solo queue then I'd say it's pure luck that you're getting matched with good team mates. You can loop a killer for a long time sometimes and only one gen pops because only one person is actually doing them. You can sit on a gen but if your team mate can't run the killer for longer than 30 seconds then chances are you're not going to get far.

Your latter point is correct, but unfortunately for alot of solo players it's your team mates wasting time.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 391
    Options

I’ve been helping some friends learn the game and running bond at low MMR might be the most infuriating way to play DBD.

• solarjin1
    Options

hmmm maybe he just getting all good teammates. idk

a 70% win in solo is better than almost every pro streamer i watch (beside hens)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Because you see a lot of Self Caring in the corner of the map. Or people that are afk.

Yeah, the perk helps evaluating the situation.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Yes it is an anomalously high escape rate for solo queue... I can understand that for a SWF but solo? Nah, no way.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
    Options

I'd say that I lose 80% of my soloQ matches atm. I've had dcs almost every single match... The killers tunnel like crazy so people just give up instead of punishing them for tunneling and camping by at least staying on the hook for the 120 sec(or as long as possible). When I play with friends I win 99% of my matches i have lost like 1 - 2 matches with my friends the past month.... out of god knows how many ^^

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

I'd say i escape through the gates in 15-30% of the trials, which is fine for me. Escaping through the gates is a TEAM EFFORT, i don't count hatch escapes as a win (it's a draw). The way how i see it DBD is best balanced in solo queue, the intended way to play, always has been. Escapes shouldn't be free with low effort, escapes should be something special you can be (kinda) proud about. I wouldn't get dopamine hits when i escape almost every match. Also i almost never bring any items nor offerings to make it feel more challenging, all you need is in the trial pretty much. But as a solo i def have to bring teamperks, my current build is Reassurance, OTR, Windows and Kindred. Normaly i use Inner Healing instead of OTR, but it's killswitched right now.

• Blueberry
    Options

I do occasionally, but not often.

Blueberry on DBD discord. If you see me online I could pop it on for you.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
    edited December 2022
    Options

I totally agree its insane. I have a 90% lose rate (if i were to guess) While i dont want to blame everything on my teammates i still see teammates make really really dumb choices they trade and suicide on hook. Its almost every game too. They hear a nurse = DC, blight = DC, they get camped = DC/suicide, tunneled = DC/suicide, bad map = DC/Suicide... I havent had a single normal game in days with teammates that knows what they are doing. Now everyone makes mistakes im not expecting everyone to play perfect but its due to beginner mistakes that we lose...

With friends on the other hand well i've lost 1 match this month and that was a 2 man out 2 dead... You cant even compare SWF with soloQ its like playing a different game and then we're not even in comms.

Some examples from a few games

for an example there were 3 players alive i looped the killer after all gens was done for a good 40 sec. Plenty of time for them to open and escape i go down and they havent even started on a door that match ended up with 1 escape... When it should easily have been 2. Yesterday or the day before that i had a dwight run around and dropping every single pallet xD

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Depends how picky you want to be and your skill.

Your mmr will matter, the higher mmr you are the better chances of a team that does gens and chases (doesnt mean you will but it's a better chance, you'll still get stupid as hell games though because matchmaking sucks)

Time of day will matter, for example best times for me to play is 6am-12 uk. As it gets later games get worse. This is my personal experience for my server, mmr etc. (Once again no guarantee, some days i can escape most games, others loose most)

Gens, gens, gens. Honestly cant tell you how often people will get a loss just because they arent efficient.

Game awareness and general skill will carry you so much, and obviously dont do stupid things that can throw/snowball cant really go into detail or I'd be typing for days lol.

Lobby dodge, something I actually will do if I'm not feeling up to putting up with usual DBD rubbish. I can soon tell who will be closer to my skill than others, if I see a very low playtime, lack of achievements or even no prestige on characters been out years likely mismatched. Also backfill is a thing, if others back out its safer to do the same, take note of certain players (good and bad) you may run into them more than you think

Meta perks, if the killers running meta to win why arent you?

Some tips I guess... still massively luck based, some games are impossible to carry even if you are a god or on the most survivor sided maps.