The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New chapter info PLEASE

I'm dying of curiousity !!!!

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@not_Queen PLS give us a hint

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

There won't be any new chapter anytime soon, I wouldn't expect it.

On their normal schedule, it should have been this week that we get a teaser but we didn't. Peanits said that chapters are seasonal, not every 3 months and the new season starts at March 21st.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited February 2019

@Delfador said:
    There won't be any new chapter anytime soon, I wouldn't expect it.

On their normal schedule, it should have been this week that we get a teaser but we didn't. Peanits said that chapters are seasonal, not every 3 months and the new season starts at March 21st.

http://www.twitch.tv/lmclean_bhvr/v/381326931?sr=a&t=3827s

McLean disagrees with what Peanits said. McLean is doing the next killer too and he says its soon and to use the past 6 week per patch schedule. (Every 3 months with mid chapter in between he says)

• Delfador

@Bbbrian2013 said:

http://www.twitch.tv/lmclean_bhvr/v/381326931?sr=a&t=3827s

McLean disagrees with what Peanits said.

I did see this but they communicate with each other. I don't think that what Peanits said was Peanits's own opinion on the matter.

He at that time might have said this but things change all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I am down for the new chapter and hopefully we'll see it soon but I don't have much hope tbh.

• Delfador

@Pirscher said:
    @Delfador Each season is three months long

Season as in year's seasons. Spring Summer Fall Winter.

Summer - Clown
    Fall - Spirit
    Winter - Legion
    Spring - New chapter

Spring starts on 21st March.

Here is Peanits' comment

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/327820#Comment_327820

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    Delfador said:

@Pirscher said:

Summer - Clown
    Fall - Spirit
    Winter - Legion
    Spring - New chapter

Here is Peanits' comment

Yeah i read the comment before. The 3 month figure comes from.. the calendar. He didbt click
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Delfador said:

@Pirscher said:

Summer - Clown
    Fall - Spirit
    Winter - Legion
    Spring - New chapter

Here is Peanits' comment

The official chapter release could be somewhere in March. However, far as PTB that should be expected at the end of this month or the beginning of March. The road map was for a year and four chapters. 12/4 = 3. 

Every chapter were released 3months apart from one another. 

Clown - PTB - May - Official Release - June 

Spirit  - PTB - August - Official Release - September  

Legion - PTB - Novemeber - Official Release - Decemeber

New Killer - PTB - February - Official Release - March 

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Delfador said:

@Pirscher said:

Summer - Clown
    Fall - Spirit
    Winter - Legion
    Spring - New chapter

Here is Peanits' comment

All of those killers were out before their associated season started Delfador.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    "The new content" is a very selective way of phrasing this.

The secretive approach tells me that this is something we have all been asking for, for a long time. Original chapter likely that the killer has a fresh power never seen before.

Hype intensifys. Sounds like a hefty chunk is being added rather than just a new killer and survivor map and few perks.

Ok, I have come to the decision that PathFinder will be a great addition to this game as killer. He will have such amazing mobility and gen pressure as he grapples between objectives.

However sabo squads may completely screw him as ziplines can be destroyed and make it so the killer (PathFinder) has a sad face and can't get around.

As for the new survivor I predict. I can't believe what convinced you to have a survivor who can pull out a shield and block not one, not 2 but 3 hits before you get injured. Literally get it together or else I'm gonna play Dead by Legends instead.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@AshleyWB said:
    "The new content" is a very selective way of phrasing this.

The secretive approach tells me that this is something we have all been asking for, for a long time. Original chapter likely that the killer has a fresh power never seen before.

Hype intensifys. Sounds like a hefty chunk is being added rather than just a new killer and survivor map and few perks.

Ok, I have come to the decision that PathFinder will be a great addition to this game as killer. He will have such amazing mobility and gen pressure as he grapples between objectives.

However sabo squads may completely screw him as ziplines can be destroyed and make it so the killer (PathFinder) has a sad face and can't get around.

As for the new survivor I predict. I can't believe what convinced you to have a survivor who can pull out a shield and block not one, not 2 but 3 hits before you get injured. Literally get it together or else I'm gonna play Dead by Legends instead.

McLean said on stream he hopes they can show endgame content soon™

It's possible this could be a big change. Not saying it will be, just maybe.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited February 2019

Man the entity's realm is sure boooooorrring around here, last DLC we got was back in Sept 18 ...Sigh

Patiently waits for a DECENT DLC release

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@not_Queen said:
    When we are ready to communicate about the new content, we will.
    The only thing I am allowed to say right now is Soon™

What a memer, lol.

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

@not_Queen said:

Oh, I totally didn't expect that xD. Thanks for reply <3

• Aftertaste
    edited February 2019

@Delfador said:

@Pirscher said:

Summer - Clown
    Fall - Spirit
    Winter - Legion
    Spring - New chapter

Here is Peanits' comment

Winter starts on 25st December but the Legion came out on 13th I believe? So I'm afraid that your theory isn't right :(

• Delfador

@Aftertaste said:

Winter starts on 25st December but the Legion came out on 13th I believe? So I'm afraid that your theory isn't right :(

I hope it is not right lol

That's what peanits said though.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

Legion came out to the Game on the 11th.

New PTB 99,9% - 26th this month. I got evidence for that words. If you don't believe me, I can say here that proves.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    LordziPL said:

Legion came out to the Game on the 11th.

New PTB 99,9% - 26th this month. I got evidence for that words. If you don't believe me, I can say here that proves.

I'm guessing Tuesday too.
  • LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590

I'm not guessing, it's legit. From Curtain Call to Darkness Among Us DLC UPDATES (no Mid-Chapter) came out this dates (tuesdays) 29, 28, 27 and now 26, tuesday. 2. Prove all PTB of DLC came end of month and release it's mid of next month (12 march this time) Teaser always was 5 days before PTB (last teasers) but now they changed marketing so Idk what can happen. Mid-Chapter will happen April the 2th and release April the 16th.

**No need to thank for this post lol **

• Delfador

@LordziPL said:
    I'm not guessing, it's legit. From Curtain Call to Darkness Among Us DLC UPDATES (no Mid-Chapter) came out this dates (tuesdays) 29, 28, 27 and now 26, tuesday. 2. Prove all PTB of DLC came end of month and release it's mid of next month (12 march this time) Teaser always was 5 days before PTB (last teasers) but now they changed marketing so Idk what can happen. Mid-Chapter will happen April the 2th and release April the 16th.

**No need to thank for this post lol **

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/309011#Comment_309011

Clowns in this forum are working.

We should be rewarded for our efforts lol

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    If you study in depth the characteristics of the killers (visual clocking, terror radius, attacks...) You know the shapeshifter is the one to complete the puzzle

Regarding the survs, we got a nerd, sportsgirl, all colored races and personalities... Harder to guess.... If is gonna be related to carnival, think about Brazilian or Mardi Gras or European... I bet it is a mixed race woman
  • Hoodied

@not_Queen said:

wow, you guys are bunkered down on this next chapter

• Hoodied

@BACKSTABBER said:
    If you study in depth the characteristics of the killers (visual clocking, terror radius, attacks...) You know the shapeshifter is the one to complete the puzzle

Regarding the survs, we got a nerd, sportsgirl, all colored races and personalities... Harder to guess.... If is gonna be related to carnival, think about Brazilian or Mardi Gras or European... I bet it is a mixed race woman

No its not, shapeshifter will be countered by swf chat, it would never work and we all know it

• BACKSTABBER

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

No its not, shapeshifter will be countered by swf chat, it would never work and we all know it

so what? only the costume can be eventually countered in SWF if they pay attention but the rest of skills and features of the killer will not, not to mention, no SWF, no counter

• Hoodied

@BACKSTABBER said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

so what? only the costume can be eventually countered in SWF if they pay attention but the rest of skills and features of the killer will not, not to mention, no SWF, no counter

You want another killer like legion?

• BACKSTABBER

@BACKSTABBER said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

You want another killer like legion?

Put me a dozen o' em plz
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Soon™? Let's hope for the 26th! :smile:

I'd actually say it'll be next Tuesday If i had to guess. I'm sure they want feedback on the new DS change and it'll be part of the PTB.
    But another part of me think it wont since there's been nothing teased on the next DLC unless they do it sometime in the next few days?

• Aftertaste

@not_Queen said:

I understand :) but can you at least tell me if you already have the teaser ready but not posted it yet? :D

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

@not_Queen said:

I understand :) but can you at least tell me if you already have the teaser ready but not posted it yet? :D

I’ll keep u posted bestie
  • Asssthetic
    Asssthetic Member Posts: 203

if we get a PTB on Tuesday that would be weird since we usually get a teaser the Thursday before the PTB releases

• Delfador
    edited February 2019

@Asssthetic said:
    if we get a PTB on Tuesday that would be weird since we usually get a teaser the Thursday before the PTB releases

Yeah, teasers are great.

We tried to guess what the new killer's power would be in that past and it was damn fun.

Especially Spirit's teaser was great. I hope they release a teaser and don't drop the new killer all of a sudden.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

We’d be three weeks from spring in six days, and they could do a pbt for two weeks starting six days from now, and then have another week to fix the bugs. I’d prefer they spend mor time then that, but I feel like that might be the general trend. We could even factor in it releasing a week after spring on the 28th, so that could be a teaser released at the beginning of the two week beta and two weeks of issue fixes.

• Lantern
    Lantern Member Posts: 12
    not_Queen said:

Time for some big brain:

(This is just a silly fun joke, by the way. I'm not at all serious)

If you rearrange the letters in "Soon^TM," then you get "Toomns," which sounds like "Tombs." And what do you find in tombs?

Mummies.

Confirmed new killer is The Mummy.

All jokes aside though, I'm very excited to find out what the new chapter will be like.
    Though I can't imagine they will top Spirit, in my personal opinion, it can't really be any worse than Legion. So I'm excited to see what they have in store for us.

I'm definitely impatient though. With games like DBD, it can get repetitive very quickly, which can drive players away. New characters are a good refresh and make the game fun again.

And there are an endless amount of killer concepts out amongst the community. I'm sure we could all think of at least a few each. I know I have about 10 million ideas on new killers myself.
    But killer and perk concepts are probably the easiest part.
    I imagine the reason they take so long to come out is because of the extremely tedious and complex work that goes into coding, modelling, animating, testing, etc. Along with designing the new map, survivor, prestige skins, and other cosmetics.

Which I completely understand, so I am by no means upset about the rate at which chapters come out. 
    I'm just anxious to get into the fog with another new killer so the game isn't so stale for me anymore, you know?

But I don't think I'll ever truly drift from DBD too far. Even with all the problems, I just love it so much. 
  • BACKSTABBER
    edited February 2019
    Lantern said:
    not_Queen said:

Time for some big brain:

(This is just a silly fun joke, by the way. I'm not at all serious)

If you rearrange the letters in "Soon^TM," then you get "Toomns," which sounds like "Tombs." And what do you find in tombs?

Mummies.

Confirmed new killer is The Mummy.

All jokes aside though, I'm very excited to find out what the new chapter will be like.
    Though I can't imagine they will top Spirit, in my personal opinion, it can't really be any worse than Legion. So I'm excited to see what they have in store for us.

I'm definitely impatient though. With games like DBD, it can get repetitive very quickly, which can drive players away. New characters are a good refresh and make the game fun again.

And there are an endless amount of killer concepts out amongst the community. I'm sure we could all think of at least a few each. I know I have about 10 million ideas on new killers myself.
    But killer and perk concepts are probably the easiest part.
    I imagine the reason they take so long to come out is because of the extremely tedious and complex work that goes into coding, modelling, animating, testing, etc. Along with designing the new map, survivor, prestige skins, and other cosmetics.

Which I completely understand, so I am by no means upset about the rate at which chapters come out. 
    I'm just anxious to get into the fog with another new killer so the game isn't so stale for me anymore, you know?

But I don't think I'll ever truly drift from DBD too far. Even with all the problems, I just love it so much. 
    Mummy cuz is "the oldest killer"

+

Shapeshifter cuz the carnival flag 

=

????
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    not_Queen said:

Yyeesss!!! @not_Queen you're awesome <3.....  soak in the silence peeps! This is a sign of big things coming <3