If you could wish for one single killer ability. Which one would it be and how would it work?

Skorpanio
Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

I'm curious type it down :D

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Walk through pallets

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2018

A killer that throws meat hooks and pulls survivors to them. Two modes that are switched between like doctor where one is attack and one is the throwable hook to pull survivors over even through windows or over pallets as long as they're on the same floor. Yes you could argue that it would be horrible with peer2peer but I still want it.

I would have said a killer that can throw or block paths by creating a barrier or wall but Clown somewhat fits that description now.

Edit - Did I misunderstand OP? Was this about actual killer powers or just general stuff all killers can do?

• Skorpanio

@Master said:
    Walk through pallets

Interesting...

• FoggyWeather_
    FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163

I personally would like to see a weeping angel like mechanic.
    I had this idea after thinking about a mannequin-killer.

So basically the killer has several bodies of him-/herself and can teleport to that body to being able to change targets in short time.

Of course it has to have a big cooldown-time or if a survivor looks directly to that specific body, the killer can't teleport there or can't move.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

It would be cool as killer to be able to summon some sort of AI buddy that would basically allow you to be in multiple places at once. The AI would be simple, in that it would just chase survivors in a predictable path, but since you can act how you want it means that while the AI is chasing them you can be going around to cut them off. It also means that you could sort of gang up on a survivor.

Only problem is that no AI exists in this game AFAIK, and writing AI is difficult, especially if it's going to achieve anything in a game like this.

• lemoNN
    lemoNN Member Posts: 43
    Forcing down pallets or blocking windows for a small period of time. That would be amazing. It's obviously OP but... it can be balanced.... maybe.
  • Skorpanio

@Dustin said:
    A killer that throws meat hooks and pulls survivors to them. Two modes that are switched between like doctor where one is attack and one is the throwable hook to pull survivors over even through windows or over pallets as long as they're on the same floor. Yes you could argue that it would be horrible with peer2peer but I still want it.

I would have said a killer that can throw or block paths by creating a barrier or wall but Clown somewhat fits that description now.

Edit - Did I misunderstand OP? Was this about actual killer powers or just general stuff all killers can do?

May be a little op at first, but everything can be tweaked!

• Skorpanio

@thesuicidefox said:
    It would be cool as killer to be able to summon some sort of AI buddy that would basically allow you to be in multiple places at once. The AI would be simple, in that it would just chase survivors in a predictable path, but since you can act how you want it means that while the AI is chasing them you can be going around to cut them off. It also means that you could sort of gang up on a survivor.

Only problem is that no AI exists in this game AFAIK, and writing AI is difficult, especially if it's going to achieve anything in a game like this.

Would love to see that ingame!

• Skorpanio

@lemoNN said:
    Forcing down pallets or blocking windows for a small period of time. That would be amazing. It's obviously OP but... it can be balanced.... maybe.

We do have perks for that now but you'll get a ''Vote Up'' sinse it was a great idea!

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2018

@Skorpanio said:

@Dustin said:

May be a little op at first, but everything can be tweaked!

That's why I suggested switching between modes rather than having both available at the same time. Anyone whose good at Huntress would feel right at home with a killer that has essentially unlimited ammo and gets a free hit every time they use their power. With switching they would gain distance on someone but they'd have to switch using 1-2 seconds giving survivors a small window of time to react.

• lemoNN
    lemoNN Member Posts: 43
    Skorpanio said:

@lemoNN said:

We do have perks for that now but you'll get a ''Vote Up'' sinse it was a great idea!

Bamboozle is lovely, I know but I was thinking more like forcing it to block, like you contact the entity somehow and block the window or throw down the pallet before they get to it.
  • Skorpanio

Bamboozle is lovely, I know but I was thinking more like forcing it to block, like you contact the entity somehow and block the window or throw down the pallet before they get to it.

Great idea!
    Didin't think about that :)

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

A killer that can manipulate the surroundings to benefit the killer or makes the survivors have a tougher time, like to summon a temporary hook or mess with survivors like inverting controls and creating generators that is a trap, just some ideas.

• Skorpanio
    edited June 2018

@Victor_hensley said:
    A killer that can manipulate the surroundings to benefit the killer or makes the survivors have a tougher time, like to summon a temporary hook or mess with survivors like inverting controls and creating generators that is a trap, just some ideas.

Those ''just some ideas'' are some great just some ideas!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@lemoNN said:

More OP than survivor meta perks ? Mhm at the same lvl Id say

• icemancat
    icemancat Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2018

A killer who can crawl up walls and other objects. We were supposed to get a killer with that ability 2 years ago, but never happened. If this killer would actually be a thing, I think with a ton of practice, you would be able to use mind games to confuse the survivors.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

I'm working on a custom killer right now. He has two modes, one slows down the game and the other is good at chases. The twist is that the more gens get done the weaker the stall power gets and the more gens get done the stronger the chase power gets, his strategy changes throughout the match.

• Skorpanio

@Techn0 said:
    I'm working on a custom killer right now. He has two modes, one slows down the game and the other is good at chases. The twist is that the more gens get done the weaker the stall power gets and the more gens get done the stronger the chase power gets, his strategy changes throughout the match.

Pretty good!

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    a "pit bull perk" that allows the clown to wear the teeth of a great white shark and bite survivors, while violently shaking his head about to the tune of bloodpoints flying, this is shown as the animation of floating hearts.  this can only be triggered when a survivor rises from the crouch position (teabag) and leaves the survivor dead like a mori.
  • Skorpanio

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    a "pit bull perk" that allows the clown to wear the teeth of a great white shark and bite survivors, while violently shaking his head about to the tune of bloodpoints flying, this is shown as the animation of floating hearts.  this can only be triggered when a survivor rises from the crouch position (teabag) and leaves the survivor dead like a mori.

AWSOME!
    Great 'Original' idea must have!

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    i should get a patent.
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Shapeshifting and mimicing survivors, though obviously they'd need to segregate SWF first.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

A Killer that could jump over certain obstacles. Could be funny.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    A killer that can phase (and I’m not talking about blinks like the nurse) through walls and objects think about it! It would cut chases shorter and it would also make looping the killer harder
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    A killer that can phase (and I’m not talking about blinks like the nurse) through walls and objects think about it! It would cut chases shorter and it would also make looping the killer harder

I was actually just thinking this earlier today. That would be a very good power actually.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    A vampire with teleportation or warping. Like a bat warp similar to nurse and her warp. Instead if caught on warp, vampire sucks your neck and you become harder to heal or unhealable until hooked. 
    2. Werewolf, with an ability to get all on 4s and crawl, (which is what i thought the pig was doing til i noticed she just crouches...=wack) crawling disappears TR and it allows a lunge or speed run like billys chainsaw.

These 2 original killers would be fun IMO. A vampire and werewolf dlc bundle lol would be awesome. With an event to see who pleases the entity more. Vampire or WereWolf.
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    For people who want scream or ghostface as a killer. I think him and his power could be, mimic a certain survivor and his whole skin changes to them. Thus tricking survivors,  the only way to notice if its him is by looking at his knife hanging on his waist.
  • Skorpanio
    edited June 2018

I would personally like a killer with some kind of a rage power.
    So the longer the game lasts the more powerful the killer would get :)

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    I am a simple man. I just want to be able to grab survivors from pallets and windows even when they are not injured.