When you see a ttv in lobby

Options
Blueberry
Blueberry Member Posts: 13,367

What do you do, if anything?

I typically load them up on twitch to see if they're streaming, if they are then I mute and minimize it so that after the match I can rewatch it to see it from their perspective and where I messed up.

I don't look at their loadouts, stream snipe or any of that manner whatsoever. However I've come to find that basically every single streamer basically accuses you of stream sniping them ie cheating and thinks it's "weird" that anyone would see if their streaming and then mute/minimize to watch the match after.

So as a follow up, do you think this is weird that someone would do this? Do you do this a lot?

I was under the impression that most people do this to rewatch their matches and see what they had to say afterwards. It seems really improbable to me that many people would literally bring up their stream on a second monitor to watch and listen to them play and talk all while simultaneously listening to and playing their own match. That just seems silly/impractical and way rarer then I find other streamers seem to act like it happens.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Nothing. The most I ever do is check hours on a Steam profile.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I get their stream narrowed down... then play the game... then say GG at the end of the match

Chat with them if need be

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

So you’re the type of killers I run into constantly. This happens so often and I swear it’s cause I’m streaming 😂😂

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,779
    Options

I watch the vod and see if they insulted me or not I remember impressing a nurse streamer because I used a syringe at the perfect moment

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415
    Options

i get ready for a tbag at every loop

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    Options

As killer I don't care at all, I treat them like anyone else, don't watch the vod.

As survivor I dodge the lobby. Virtually all TTV teammates I get are small streamers with a handful of viewers, some of them are variety streamers and only rarely play DbD and are thus not really good at it, some just started the game just a week ago and are still trying to learn it. Yet almost every time I stay in lobby I regret it instantly once I see a Black Ward or Mori offering flying in and the killer will be sweating to tunnel the TTV out of the game as fast as possible, and at that point I just want to throw myself at the killer and kill myself because there's no point in playing a 3 vs 1 at 4 gens with mediocre players.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited December 2022
    Options

It's a good indication that I'm playing vs. A swf which I appreciate a great deal. Informs my subsequent gameplay.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

This is awesome. I’m a smallish / newer streamer. I play primarily killer while streaming. I met a super good team, and afterwards one of them came into the stream to say wassup. They now watch every stream start to finish and we run SWF daily. My favorite part of streaming is the wholesome interaction is sometimes brings in between the people that come in to share hateful comments.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options

I'll usually check out the video after the match. Can be really neat to see the game from a different perspective.

As killer seeing a bunch of TTV means its probably a SWF and so I have to be more aggressive in my game play.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

On the off chance that they're streaming I'll jump in after the match to say gg or whatever. If I can only mori one person I WILL prioritize the streamer.

I've actually made some pretty fun online friends from this recently.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,558
    Options

I drop in post-game to say GG WP GL Next.

Then I usually get yelled at, which is fair, most of the time.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

Camp and tunnel them out with a mori. Along with some BM on the hook for good measure

Ideally they die first hook and don't get to play at all, to encourage as many viewers to leave the stream as possible

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 73
    Options

As a survivor, I'll stay in lobby and usually afterwards, check and see if they were streaming. One made me laugh because it showed him just getting hooked and you see me doing gens in the distance and he freaks out because I wasn't right there to unhook him.

As killer. Nope, I'm dodging. I don't need that in my life. Respectfully.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

I just assume they're fake. Usually I'm right.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

Cause most of my experiences with TTVs have been bad; or it is just them talking smack in the VOD. Lots of cheating accusations as well because mr strimmer can't handle the fact they got beat and need an excuse for the viewers.

Plus they are trying to get fame and money by beating me in a video game, why would I make it easy?

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Sniping was definitely a thing back when most people didn't make their Steam profiles private and Twitch wasn't inundated with the amount of DBD streamers it has now. You don't need to have their stream running all the time- just see where they spawn and that's good enough, although I have known people to have the match running on another monitor. This has been bragged about ad nauseam within certain groups I used to belong to as well as on various forums. Do I think it's weird? Nope. Funny, yep.

I think bigger streamers have problems. The small time streamers probably don't, but it wouldn't surprise me either if there were a few snipes here and there even with them-- enough to make them accuse more people than they should.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    edited December 2022
    Options

I don't do anything unless they're stacked. If there are 3-4 of them I usually dodge, because they probably have some shenanigans planned.

Other than that, it's just business as usual.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

I hide people's name and in case check profiles only at the end of the match exactly because of performance anxiety in case of a ttv

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 455
    Options

I just started streaming a couple of weeks ago. I don't have TTV in my name or my YouTube handle. With the way some people here say they treat streamers, I'm not sure how much I will want to reveal to my counterparts in the game that I am streaming. Judgments, too, about people trying to make money streaming. I don't know if I'll make money streaming, but it would be nice. I'm on disability in North America; I don't get much. Certainly not enough to get a newer computer or anything like that. So, I thought I would try streaming out, but I should have known better with this community.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Most streamers make money by being entertaining, many aren't necessarily good at the game. I wouldn't take it as such a personally adversarial thing.

And why even go back and watched vods? In thousands of hours of DBD I have faced gd knows how many TTVs and never once gone back and watched the VOD (I tried once after a particularly funny end to a match, but they hadn't been streaming).

Don't watch VODs, disable post game chat, profit. Or at least have a better time.

Personally, when I am watching a surv stream and see the killer tunnel the streamer, I assume it's because they are a streamer, and tbh, that seem kinda sad and insecure. It seems either attention seeking or like someone desperate not to be beaten in front of an audience.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Dodge, I don't want to be shown in a stream.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Put on a mori for the viewers

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I like to rewatch my killer-game from this streamers perspective

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don’t do anything until after the match when I check them out and say GGS.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

I check after the match and if they were streaming and VODs are available I'll watch from their perspective, it's cool to watch my own gameplay from another player's perspective and the clear majority of the time they're either just normal or chill anyway in my experience.

Before that? I just click ready, they're just a player like anyone else.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

90% of the time, I just get on with the game as normal. Occasionally, if I see a bunch of flashlights with them, I'll slap on lightborn, expecting shenanigans. If they play cool, and are down to meme around I will happily oblige and have some fun. If they are trying to be the next Ayrun, it usually ends badly for them.

I'll only dodge if I'm trying something new and expect a learning curve. I'd like to keep my trial and error limited in it's scope of entertainment for other people as much as possible. I never go to their channels anymore because they are almost never streaming at the time or are using a name different from their channel name.

The reality is most of the time they are just normal players. No reason to freak out or get jittery. Never had one verbally attack me after a match (but to be fair, I haven't had a negative chat interaction in six months).

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

prepare the Mori

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Dodge. It doesn't matter that I'm probably streaming my own perspective (I don't have TTV in my username or anything... or actually speak, so), the 'I might be streaming you to even more people and being as insulting as possible' potential tends to put me off before the game even starts. I'll just not deal with it and queue up again instead.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I'll watch the VOD after if I was playing killer mostly just to see if there was any obvious mistakes I made and see if I can learn anything by watching another perspective, I rarely care about watching for the actual streamer because 90% of the time it's just random insults and salt. My favorite was an artist game where they were streaming with a friend and the friend got downed and they told me to kill myself repeatedly and the streamer was like "don't say that I'm streaming" suggesting if they weren't that would have been perfectly fine to say, that actually did get a laugh out of me.

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options

Play hardest as I can, I want the attention for my channel you should check it out

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Check if they're streaming

See that they're not streaming

be sad :(

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

I used to dodge TTVs but now I encounter one almost every hour. I usually check the videos based on how they played. I will comment if they are a good player in their chat. Seeing the killer end game is TTV I will usually visit their channel to rewatch the game, and see how well I played according to their view unless the game was truly awful.

• PrincessCalla
    PrincessCalla Member Posts: 139
    Options

Nothing, I don't really check the names, I alt tab until match starts. I didn't even know what it meant until a friend told me not too long ago.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

I never open someone’s stream until the match is over unless we’re teammates.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

I ask if he is streaming

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited December 2022
    Options

Check if they are streaming or not.

If they are, they are going to T-bags and escape.

If they aren't, I'm going to 4k.

Not a 100% rule, but pretty accurate anyways. Still, it's a really nice change of pace when I encounter a wholesome TTV, I vividly remember rewatching a game from her view and appreciating the fact that she noticed I did everything to avoid tunneling even when the Claudette was flaunting her BT in my face.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,641
    Options

I file a lawsuit to sue them for royalties for making money off of my gameplay

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

do streamers have to ask other players for permission if they don't hide the names?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I check the next day hoping they streamed it. Love watching my games re run. Its pretty useful seeing what the opposition says and does regarding your playstyle, whether that be positive or negative.

8/10 they ain't recording though 😒

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,641
    Options