Why doesn't the game tell you the Killers Connection or am I missing something

Options

I mean the killer can see everything about the killer but when I play survivor I'm stuck going against a red ping killer who can hit you a whole second after you drop a pallet.

Answers

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

You get an ingame icon if the killer has yellow or red ping.

Same goes for survivors that have a bar next to their name.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Sadly they removed the lobby indicator for killer ping while survivor still keeps theirs. It sucks to fight a high ping killer or even a lag switching/VPN killer without knowing beforehand

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

If you play on EU server you play with people from russia and africa on a server in germany. some have higher ping than the duration of deadhard and yet, they are allowed to play.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited December 2022
    Options

Lobby ping wouldn´t help against a lag switcher.

But yeah, the reason why they removed the killers ping in the lobby is beyong me.

EDIT: Almost forgot: Happy holidays!

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

It probably wouldn’t but either way it would be nice to know

Happy Holidays!

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 73
    Options

I think it would be nice to know my own ping as killer without having to use outside sources. I had a couple games last night where my wired connection was showing a red ping and I was confused as to why.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

If you play in places like Portugal or Ireland it matches you with killers from South Africa and Far East Siberia. It's completely moronic honestly.

The only way you should get a lobby with a red ping killer is if you join the lobby of a friend playing from a region far from your own.

We already know there is some level of separation as EU players are not mixed in with the NA, CN, KR or OCE queue by default but the EU queue is far too broad and leads to this lag issue.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Can't even see my own ping as killer. IDK why they designed it this way.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 447
    Options

That's me yo. I bought the game in 2017 and I was able to play fine. Now it's a serious challenge as when I play well I still get punished. I don't think it's fair to change like that but they wouldn't just issue a refund that's alot of money.

I don't see how it could be that costly for servers. I play many other games that have worldwide servers and they are much smaller then dbd.

I don't play killer as I'd rather not have the unfair advantage.