Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Borgo

In my opinion as killer, this map sucks . Taking out a few pallets didn't really fix the collision problems for blight, the color , the very powerful loops linked together etc.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222
    edited December 2022

Tile density and strength are really problematic. I got this map a couple times today and was able to pre-drop for 4 gens before the killer broke off chase in one of the games. The killer couldn't zone me because there was consistently a safe tile in any direction.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

I don't really like this map on either side. Seems like the only time anyone gets any action is around the main building. It's way too big to be any fun and I'm always trippin on some random junk with a hitbox a meter bigger than the object. Map looks cool, if you don't hafta play on it lol

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Biggest issue I have with Borgo and Garden is that there is just way too much stuff everywhere. Like whoever makes the maps now just starts pasting stuff.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Blight main here, obviously. I despise the map. The tile density is still way too high for how strong literally ever pallet it. Survivors can run 3 gens ez by pre dropping everything.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,169

I think my issue is how incredibly open the map is. You can see most killers (tall and normal height) running over to you from across the map. Which particularly makes me dislike it with Huntress since you also have hundreds of tiny objects getting in your way.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

BHVR in general are pretty bad at making balanced maps, the vast majority of them are survivor sided and can waste enough of the killer's time by predropping every single pallet you come across. They need to drastically reduce the overall number of pallets across all maps, halving their number should be the bare minimum.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I despise this map. I have no idea why people hate RPD but love this. This is garbage, and it's not because it is red.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Visually it looks great, but I don't really like Shattered Square for both sides. The map is way too big and open, tiles are way too safe, gens spawn in a weird way. Not to mention you can get stuck on random junk that has the collision box of a bus littering the ground. Also the bright red tint of the map makes it straining on the eyes.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

yo literally. The amount of times I’ve just stopped moving as killer, only to look down and see a tiny object stopping me. On the flip side, survivors constantly get stuck on stuff while trying to loop me.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

Compared to a lot of the maps it's a mercy. Also I don't know what everyone is on about scratch marks not being visible. I see them just fine

• I wish landmarks were more distinguished or something that stands out that I can use to orient myself. I don't really SWF but if someone was tell me they were near killer shack I'd probably do a full lap around the map. Maybe I just need to play it more to get a better mental layout.

• ProGamerMD
    ProGamerMD Member Posts: 26

It's boring. The colors hurt my eyes. It's hard to track survivors. There are no redeeming qualities.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

It's not the worst thing imo. A lot of other maps as just as bad if not worse. Also, I kinda like the coloring, it gives some personality to the map.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

The map isn’t busted and is decent map for survivors and killers. It doesn’t feel like terrible to run and chase people on and you don’t get that feel of “oh they’re at THIS structure so I have to abandon chase.”

It feels terrible to play on visually as killer. The map is too red. Scratch marks blend in with the environment and it’s hard to track people. It’s an eyesore.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Has anyone figured out where the map ends or does it continue indefinitely in all directions

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I hate this map on both sides. It's huge with massive deadzones. It honestly might be the worst map in the game.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I like it. I’ll take it over The Game or Shelter Woods any day.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 988

If the game still had fog, the map wouldn't be so bad. But it doesn't really and as such the map is just way too open. It's the only map that's as big as it is and you can still see what's going on anywhere a lot of the time. Hardly any cover for survivors to move, poor loops, questionable gen spawns (I see most 3 gen potential on this map - ironic as its thr Knights map who is abusing/benefiting this technique most at tbe moment, random debris which you can get stuck on (which is can only assume was a purposeful decision they were trialing considering how much and massively it bled into other maps when the Borgo released) etc. Its just no fun for either side, it seems.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 988
    edited January 2023

The RPD is confusing to navigate, if youre not familiar with it. I'm a massive RE fan so I know the layout quite well, but even I get a bit turned around in the downstairs West Wing map variations. The borgo is really open and visible so no issue having to figure out where you're going.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

They claim to have fixed the colours to deal with the issues of scratch marks & blood blending in, but to be honest I can't see any difference.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I played the original RE 2, not the remake this map was based off of. I had the whole thing memorized within the first three weeks. I mean they made us play on it every other match when it was released. The rooms are static.

I don't understand how anyone was still lost there after 6 months.