The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Haha Nurse mains, who is crying now?

C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Probably us survivors.

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yea... that's most likely going to happen

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,074

On the bright side, it means you have more time to learn her counterplay!

Assuming the map has enough LoS blockers that is, lol.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

I'm going to be crying when I look at the icons for my teamates and realise they are all in lockers.

• C3Tooth

Which is correct.

Thing is 60% kill rate average (5 kill per 8 survivors), doesnt feel good for Killers. Its either a tie (2K) and soft win (3K). Or a great victory (4K) and a lost (1K). Most expect they should have 3-4K for both match, which is why they put 4 slowdown to ensure their 90% kill rate consistently.

I can totally get to high MMR with Trapper using strong addon, 4 slowdown and tunnel. Of course I would still lose to players like Zubat, but thats because I use low tier Killer, or admit my skill should not be at high MMR to begin with.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

This is definitely a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

And everybody thought 3 gen Knight was bad......

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Honestly I prefer to face a full regression nurse instead a cheesy exposed status nurse build.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,159
    edited January 2023

That's the thing. DBD has a delicate balance, and too much weight can cause the whole thing to crash and burn, a slight nudge can cause several parts to bend.

If you introduce more LoS blockers to better deal with Nurse, ranged killers like Huntress get harmed, vice versa since too little LoS blockers help Nurse, and I really feel like people ignore that.

I think the only areas that could get more LoS blockers would be the edge of the map, areas that dont affect Huntress but CAN affect Nurse (considering that the edge of the map is already the best area to run her).

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,361

Yea, I'm fine with gen regression builds, I'm used to them. But Nurse's ability to teleport behind you and instantly down you, honestly as a Pig main even I am annoyed by that. If my dash attacks don't count as basic attacks, why does her blinks? It's such an annoying inconsistency. The only instant down powers should be those directly intended to be, like Billy, Bubby, Ghosty, Myers, etc.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

I never used exposed perks on her anyway, excepting the odd match with devour, usually for a tome challenge. This change is going to have zero effect on my games.

I'm more interested to see what they do with the changed add-ons (which they're withholding information about, for some unfathomable reason).

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

People will quickly realize that these nerfs barely changed anything and will go back to whining about her lol.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited January 2023

Literally this. I'm not sure why people say "well if nurses can't run starstruck agi anymore they'll just equip more slowdown" as an argument that one shot nurse was fine. If anything, it just proves that it made games extremely easy just as much as 4 slowdowns do for all other killers (except maybe some of the weakest ones)

But then again, even 2 strong slowdowns on basekit nurse are more than enough for an easy game

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559

Funnily enough, Nurse also presents the easiest counterplay to Eruption.

Hear a woosh? Let go of the gen.

• C3Tooth

Its not that Nurse with Startruck and 3 Slowdown will be any difference to Nurse with 4 Slowdown.

The game has really weird time concept perspective.

As killer, chase a survivor for 15sec longer, feel like losing 45sec Gen. But chase a survivor for 15sec shorter, feel like only save 15sec. There for the feel of always need slowdown, even in reality not needed.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

As Huntress main i was always jealous about JOLT or Sloppy on Nurse, didn't make sense.

So, good change. But now you'll see full gen slow down Nurses ALOT.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,405

At least a Nurse is more likely to engage in chase, as she has the best map pressure and travel. I can't see too many employing the old hit, kick, and leave.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

Maybe I'm just lucky (?), but the Starstruck Nurses I run into aren't botherin with gen slowdown perks right now. Usually just a combination of aura perks and other exposed. Eruption/CoB/Overcharge/PR Nurse doesn't sound pleasant. Least I could outrun/avoid exposed perks.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Not really, whats the difference from losing against Starstruck Nurse or 4slowdown Nurse? Both roads lead to the same destination.

At least it shows they are willing to look at Nurse and trying soft nerfs to see if it keeps her at bay (it wont, perkless Nurse played by a good player is still the second best Killer and the first is perkful Nurse).

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

That is... until they nerf slowdown perks again.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 252

Billy, Blight, Demo, Wesker have better map mobility than Nurse.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well now survivors finally get some time to learn how to play against her...

...aaaaaaaaand they disconnected on the first down.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871

"As Huntress main i was always jealous about JOLT or Sloppy on Nurse, didn't make sense."

Try, with the Nanny, to hit a survivor without using her teleportation, just by walking, and you may understand why it makes perfect sense for her to trigger Sloppy Butcher or Jolt with her teleported attacks.

The huntress can catch a survivor simply by running behind him.

The nurse can't.

That's all.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871

"as an argument that one shot nurse was fine"

Starstruck and NOED are are problematic with the nurse, I totally agree.

Devour hope ? Very dangerous.

Rest of the exposed perks: situational, not impossible to avoid / counter.

• Distortion_Enjoyer
    Distortion_Enjoyer Applicant Posts: 83

and right as you lift your finger, skillcheck pops up and you blow the gen losing progress anyway 😂

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559

Still beats 25 seconds of inactivity, or doubling the time needed to complete a gen.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,405

Correction: one* of the best. She has to utilise her blinks or else she's pretty slow. A Nurse refusing to chase feels as odd to me as a camping Nurse does - as in you may as well use another killer if you go into a game intending to play that way from the get go.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,434

What I dislike about some of the newer slowdown perks is that they also give info. Why do you scream from Pain Res? Why do we scream from Eruption? Why does Call of Brine provide good gen regression, but also very valuable info from skillchecks?

Can you bring 3 slowdown perks, and also get 3 info perks on the side for free? That's lame.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

BHVR is pretty adamant on their stance that all perks should work the same, always and on anyone. While that clears things up and avoids a certain confusion, it also makes things pretty difficult to balance. A perk that could be fun on Trapper and even help the poor sod out could be outright broken and oppressive on Nurse or Blight, just by their basekits.

So often, instead of giving the killer community some fun new toy to play with, it gets gutted before it even got a chance to bloom. Again, I can understand why they want to keep things simple, but maaaaaybe the game has become so big and bloated, that they should think about addind exeptions to perks. Like, remember when the effect of Awakened Awareness lingered for 2s and could thus be enhanced by Lethal Pursuer? On most killers this was simple a tool to help them getting into the right direction where they had seen a survivor and maybe start a chase with someone hiding in the bushes, but with Nurse it was 4s of wall-hacks and teleporting through everything right on top of their targets with pinpoint accuracy. These two instances were not the same, not in the very least.

So why not make exeptions in perks? I don't know how you could highlight this in-game without overcluttering the whole screen, but imagine a world in which Starstruck and NOED didn't work with Nurse, but Franklins and Sloppy Butcher did. This one limitation to make everything work exactly the same each and every time is closing off so much design space for BHVR and I hope that they will eventually losen their grip on this one thing.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

She still is the best killer in the game hands down. They have no good reason to cry especially since she deserved much more nerf.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,074

May I introduce the idea of the Bush or tall shrub.

Things can pass through it, but you don't see through it.

But also yeah, that is a point of concern if they just use solid objects.