Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Top 5 strongest killers?

What do you think are the top 5 strongest killers in the game? All opinions welcome.

Mine is:

1) Nurse (Even after the upcoming nerf)

2) Blight

3) Spirit

4) Oni

5) Wesker

Comments

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

1. Nurse

2. Blight

3. Spirit

4. Artist

5. Plague

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Lets wait out the Midchapter.

Before the Nurse-Nerfs, its

1. Nurse

2. Blight

3. Spirit

4. Artist

5. Wesker

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611

Is this based on personal use or just an opinion.I only play as Pyramid Head unless,im going for an adept

I personally don't find Wesker strong his power takes to long for the ouroboros to fully extend by that time survivor is in safe area of loop,if you bump you feel foolish and I'm pretty sure you look stupid from survivors perspective. Also if you throw someone into an open area, it's Nemesis's 9.0 you now have to get three strikes

I find him a complete waste of time, playing as him.He says, I only have 7 minutes,well guess what? that's when the match will end because of your clunky ass power has wasted all the time and generators got done,then survivors get to unleash ouroboros on you at the exit gates other than that throwing people far is really fun

1.Pyramid Head

2.Dredge

3.Trapper

4.Artist

5.Legion

Worthy mention - Michael Myers

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690

I anticipate Nurse becoming a very strong basekit with meh add-ons. I would expect double recharge to be her best add-ons with them getting nerfed to 8 and 12%. If that's the case I would say top 3 would be Blight>Nurse=Spirit. Nurse would have a much better base than Spirit but Spirit having a much better top with ring+amulet.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335
    1. Blight
    2. Spirit
    3. Plague
    4. Nurse
    5. Dredge

Sadako is strong, but has so much more potential.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440

I honestly see too much people putting m1 killers up there, like how do you think those are even remotely good compared to the actual killers, dredge, sadako and the like are easy af to beat compared to say spirit or blight.

My list is:

1.Nurse

2.Blight

3.Spirit

4.Wesker

5.Twins

• DashMonsta008XV

Well Dredge may be M1 but he has a pretty good passive and also being able to deliver a decent amount of map pressure

While can be ineffective at times a good trap placement or being caught in a trap is equivalent to an insta down and trapper may be the fastest M1 killer in chase, besides clown.

I honestly threw legion in there because, it's funny 🤣 plus i main them lol

Artist is obviously if not even stronger than spirit you can down from pretty much wherever and protect gens without slow downs

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,331
    edited January 2023

Plague

Nemesis

Freddy

Artist

Pig

☢️

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Blight

blight

blight

blight

blight

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Nurse

Blight

Demo

Wesker

Spirit

In no particular order

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    edited January 2023

1) Nurse

2) Blight

3) Wesker

4) Spirit

5) Artist

Most people probably wouldn't put Wesker in top 3, but his map traversal and chase are better than spirit's in my opinion.

Post edited by GensByDaylight on
  • ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

Wesker is not top 5. Not even close. He is fairly good, but not top 5 by any means. My top 5 looks something like:

1) Nurse

2) Blight

3) Spirit

4) Artist

5) Here, it's kind of a tossup for me between Huntress and Oni, though I'm personally more inclined to go with Huntress due to more and more people catching on about Oni's awful early game and using that to their advantage.

I might actually consider swapping my placements for Blight and Nurse. If Nurse doesn't get good addons to replace range and recharge, I think an Alchemist Ring, C33 Blight will be overall just a tiny bit better. Blight already destroys Nurse in terms of map traversal, and with these addons, I think Blight's chase might be just a bit better than Nurse's, I'll be honest.

• HugTechLover

You’re trippin thinking wesker isn’t close to top 5.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

just my personal opinion.

1 Nurse (usally beat her cause most nurses don't know how to use their power but when i get a half decent oneeee the whole team die instantly)

2 Play with your food TS Myers (............sigh)

3 spirit (im 400 hours in! and still never beat her)

4 solo q potato teammate (these guys always killing people)

5 blight

• ManyAchievables

No, I'm really not. He's not a monster in any category, he's just pretty solid at everything. He's not the best tunneler, he's not the best chaser, he's not the best at map mobility, he's not the best at dealing with bodyblockers, he's just ok in all of these regards. He has one of the most well-designed sets of addons, but that's all I can say he's the best at.

• HugTechLover

He’s great at tunneling if you don’t give somebody the chance to cleanse, not to mention to you hit the unhooker and the unhooked with a single dash and instantly eat their BT/DH.

his infection is built in slowdown AND instadown if left unchecked.

he is great in chase. There are many tiles his dash shuts down and you can’t hold w too well against a good wesker.

• Forza
    Forza Member Posts: 109
    1. blight
    2. nurse
    3. spirit
    4. mastermind
    5. wraith

in the gen kick meta i'd go with something like this. wraith is the one most will disagree with but his map pressure is undeniable if all you do is patrol gens (try to 3 gen), secure easy hits from survivors working on gens, and then kick gens.

• ManyAchievables

Yes, he's good at it, but he's not the best tunneler or camper still. Pyramid Head, Huntress, Nurse, Blight and Spirit all camp and tunnel better than him, and that's taking into account his Hindered effect when fully infected, since it requires some time to build up after an unhook. Pyramid Head can do exactly what you've described with BT/DH and also can remove the ability to flashlight save, bodyblock the hook, or even use Off The Record if he has even the slightest bit of intelligence.

His infection is built in slowdown, it's just not a very good one. It's about as long to deal with as Legion's but a lot harder to inflict. Nobody is going to let you instadown them with full infection, because his dash is quite finnicky on a lot of tiles, mostly because of the windup for his power. There are many times where I've dashed and clipped the very edge of the wall when I feel like I shouldn't have and had a down or hit stolen from me. Also, if you miss your second dash in the open, you're losing a ton of distance.

Sorry, but he's not top 5 and there's no convincing me.

• HugTechLover

I’m not trying to convince you, it’s your own opinion. But to me is seems you obviously haven’t spent some time learning weskers power ability.

His dash is not hard to hit. 90% of my downs on wesker are with m2.

• DashMonsta008XV
    edited January 2023

Wesker isn't strong he's fun to play as but dude is balanced, like Pyramid Head.It feels good to use his ability when it works for you and not like you're struggling with Pyramid Head but Wesker is time consuming like his exposed add-ons hopefully you'll never be in a chase that long with an uninjured survivor just to get a insta down

I've played 5 Wesker's so far and was killed by two because of circumstance, position, resource's but, I've beaten three and they were pretty determined,the also had good ol Eruption,CoB or Overcharge.Which one guy did that entire combo but he only killed me by circumstance,the other three survivor's rotated the gens and he was protecting the main gen on RPD

Wesker has a very punishing miss and three cool downs.You have to extend Virulent Bound if you miss the second one you'll lose distance if you don't bump,but this also slows him down in the process and if do bump, now you have to wait for the power to cool down, which is pretty forgiving at the rate.Then you have to extend it again and if you miss the first one and decide to stay in area, this slows you down again, because Virulent retracts when the power cools down, also the increase rate happens a bit simultaneously at certain notches during the cool down if the action is failed or succeeded,the second build up may not seem slow but when you're in the same tile as survivor and you miss the first Virulent it's very noticeable when you thought you had the second dash.His power works as it should but that doesn't make him strong, especially at vaults that's why he was giving the buff to hit survivors if they stand at the vault when he vaults

I think you all are comparing his map pressure to his actual skill cap,which he can recovery a game with his map pressure and skill of the player but even the best so called Wesker went against the best so called SWF group which I think ended in a 3e or possibly 4e,I wasn't paying attention to that at the end I was focused on the mistakes he made ,but he did do a rematch with them.So skill vs skill any killer will shine

Post edited by DashMonsta008XV on
  • DashMonsta008XV
    edited January 2023

I mean they 3k escaped if not all of them got out

• DashMonsta008XV

Now let the brainstorming begin , how can we dissect his words and show him how inadequately his opinion is lol 😂

• HugTechLover

Don’t you mean how delicious? 🥰 I love that tall angry sprinty man.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Define 'strong'?

Some killers are strong, but have a really high skill floor (generally with no skill ceiling).

But in terms of top-end performance:

1. Blight. He'll probably edge out Nurse after her addons get nerfed.
    2. Nurse. She'll still melt faces, but not quite as hard as she used to - the change to her attack type is going to do more than nerfing her addons.
    3. Artist. My sleeper pick. Just...this killer can do almost everything, and has fantastic tracking built in on top of it. A good Artist is terrifying.
    4. Plague. The snowball/comeback queen. I don't think many other killers can go from 1 hook at 1 gen left to everyone dead as fast as she can.
    5. Wesker. Passive slowdown, great addons, his TR is so large that it's almost as good as having no TR.

Spirit is good, but she's...a lot of work for less payout than stronger killers.

Oni is good, but relies heavily on snowballing.

PH is annoying because he can do some shenanigans to circumvent anti camping/tunneling.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Does this include any addons or base kit? This changes the list a lot.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Nurse, Blight, Spirit, Artist, Pyramid Head

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,851

I agree with this with the caveat that the Nurse 'nerfs' aren't going to unseat her place at the top at all.

But either way I would include Artist in the list as you have here too. I think people are sleeping on Artist (I am kinda glad too lol) as she is far stronger than she gets credit for.

I have played against comp level killers who are really good with Artist and her ability to pressure the map is incredibly underrated and her anti loop ability is very powerful in the right hands

• DashMonsta008XV

I mean Pyramid Head draws his power from Silent Hill,things in the entity realm doesn't effect him the same.He's there of his own free will.What can you do ?

• DashMonsta008XV

4 survivors + all escaped = 4e's out killer gets 0k's

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Imo Nurse, Blight, Spirit are cemented in top 3. Beyond that is debatable.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,858

We're going with base strength.

1. Nurse: being able to ignore obstacles in this game is a level of strength that's tough to match.
    2. Blight: the addict can get to places very fast, hurt very fast (on the move without missing a beat too), and can break defenses fast and most maps don't hamper him. He's basically a less punishing Billy without a 1 shot.
    3. Spirit: fast movement and semi stealth, an aggressive spirit with carve teams almost as fast as the above 2. She gets bonus points as her fast attacks still get to be basic attacks.
    4. Artist: our favorite lady has decent everything but mobility. Tracking, being able to pressure multiple survivors, damage through obstacles across the map, anti-loop. As an added bonus most don't know how to properly run her {and we would like it to stay that way} but we may be biased.
    5. Wesker: Wesker beats the twins and Billy as while those 2 can be stronger in the right hands, Wesker is almost as strong while being much easier to handle for the average player. It's rare to find a good Billy and rare enough that you should try the lottery if you find a twins player, it's common to see a Wesker who's about as dangerous and we feel that gives him points.
  • Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Nurse

Blight

Spirit

Plague/Artist

Wesker

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

1.) Nurse

2.) Blight

3.) Spirit

4.) Artist

5.) Plague

However I wouldn’t argue with someone if they put Oni, Pyramid Head, Hag, Or Huntress at #5

I also think Wesker is good but not top 5 good

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Nurse

Blight

----------------------

The rest are subjective imo. Although you'd probably put Wesker, Spirit, Artist and Huntress towards the top there somewhere. As Oni main, he can be top 5 but he's got so much counterplay thus I feel he's somewhat overrated.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

1) nurse

2) blight

3) spirit

4) hag

5) artist

hag would switch with artist if she didnt do so well in the current meta, being able to protect the 3gen in her web basically indefinitely is very strong.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

Nurse

Blight

Artists

Spirit

Hag

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

Nurse, Spirit, Blight, Twins, Clown

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

1. Nurse

2. Blight

3. Artist

4. Dredge

5. Executioner

• HugTechLover

dredge as #4? Interesting. Why would you rank them there?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

1. Nurse (even after her upcoming nerfs)

2. Blight

3. Artist

4. Spirit

5. Wesker

Honorable mention goes to Plague.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

trickster

• ProGamerMD
    ProGamerMD Member Posts: 26
    1. nurse
    2. blight
    3. spirit
    4. artist
    5. bubba vs pyramid head

But in public games vs non-comp players, I would probably add clown and plague to the list. They're pretty easy to stomp with.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Surprised at how many people still list Spirit here...she's far from a bad killer, but I'd hesitate to say top 5.

Also surprised at how many folks forget Plague. She's volatile, sure - but I think most of my 'wait, we were at 1gen with nobody dead, how did we get 4k'd?' moments are courtesy of the Vomit Comet.

Wesker and Artist...love them to bits.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460
    edited January 2023
    1. Nurse
    2. Artist
    3. Blight
    4. Twins
    5. Huntress

Spirit and Plague are strong, too. Maybe Artist isn't better than Blight but I'm betting if more people played her you'd see crazy win streaks on her.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

I don't think too deeply about DBD, but Plague is about "macro gameplay" and most players (including myself) aren't good at that. As far as 4 escapes when playing Survivor, it's against Plague and Ghostface most often. It's not a coincidence. Ghostface can lose gens quickly and Plague can lose time trying to infect Survivors or getting her red puke. It's not surprising that Otzdarva likes playing her.