Is Leatherface leaving the fog soon?

While browsing Twitter I saw this post about something that was found in the ptb and I can’t believe it.

@Peanits @Mandy Please confirm what’s happening!

Will leatherface suffer the same fate as Demogorgon?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,171

I'd assume this is a coding oopsy rather than anything bad (and if it is bad, I can't imagine either Mandy or Peanits could talk about it).

Hopefully only Netflix having the business sense of a toddler is the only reason we lose DLC and that it'll never happen again

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 420

Oh god, not another chapter.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I could understand that but when stranger things revealed new names it was removed from the store.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

TBF, new leatherface game coming out shortly so could be a licensing issue with the release of a new game. I imagine these licenses are reviewed regularly so timing could be to coincide with release of that game?

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Huh.

That's...certainly odd.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,155

I hope not simply because I don't want Knock Out available as a general perk.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 683

As mentioned above, there is the new Chainsaw Massacre game coming out.

Also the 2022 Chainsaw Massacre movie was a Netflix production so there is a little worry it might be Stranger Things again.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 597

Yea, I saw this circulating in Tweeter then someone said is a bug. So were not sure yet.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358

I swear if we lose the leatherface license over another asymm game that will be dead a year after it's launch...do IP holders hate money?

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233

If this happens it would surely come back. Like you said it's throwing away money.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

The only thing that should go is his bs camping. Which is 5 years overdue.

He can stay because he's cute how he carries his cainsaw like it's his teddy bear.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

That’s certainly sus. Following for an answer.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

Guys the ANOES perks have different names within the files, as does every single licenced perk. I'd imagine it's there more as a failsafe, such as when ANOES couldn't be released onto Switch or Windows Store for a bit so those players got the perks in the general pool along with an altered icon and name instead of the licenced versions.

If there's something to panic about, then I will gladly eat my words, but this isn't even the first time it's happened. People noticed it for the Halloween chapter a while back too, and as far as I'm aware the relationship between BHVR and Compass is still going strong considering the most recent Halloween licence renewal went off without a hitch.

Both DBD and the new TCSM game are licenced from Vortex, so it's entirely possible they could not want 2 different games including their IP, but until there's any official confirmation I'd suggest not jumping to the worst possible conclusion every time.