If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do survivors need a buff?

Options
Vinyl_vs_World
Vinyl_vs_World Member Posts: 20

I’m only asking cause I feel after coming back to the game after a year of not playing, that the game went from being pretty balanced for both sides. Too being 75% in favor to the killer now, and is it just me but did the maps shrink to really small maps, and also pallets half of the time I can only find like 6-8 pallets a game and half of them are useless, and i have been reading some articles and gameplay where like half the time if I’m running it won’t even throw the pallet down, or i get hit sliding over one even though I’m more then 80% over the pallet? And i have always been a survivor main have always used spine chill, balance landing, self heal, and light weight, so okay perks. And also is it just me but does it seem like survivors run slower now?

Do survivors need a buff? 16 votes

Should some of killers perks be nerfed and survivor be buffed to make them equal
18%
Phasmamainhealsoflove718Vinyl_vs_World 3 votes
Killers stay how the are but survivors still get a buff
6%
GlitchyGamer 1 vote
Nothing should get changed
75%
GibberishRaptorrotasGlamourousLeviathanlilsweetrollKlavatooViktor1256AurellefussyConfigQuietusGrunbargenipreys 12 votes
Should more maps be bigger
0%
Add more pallets to the game
0%

Comments

• Vinyl_vs_World
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Should some of killers perks be nerfed and survivor be buffed to make them equal

I would love to hear what people think, I have always loved this game! Playing survivor was where I had the most fun. But now it doesn’t feel even fair anymore, playing solo que was how I always played so I get not every game is going to be good, but playing 12 hours straight i might only get out like 3-5 times, and i don’t have/want to dump money into the game to get perks. So please i would like to her the community’s thoughts!

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,182
    Options

It's very complicated, both sides have nuclear options to be super strong. For the most part solo Q needs a massive buff to reach the level of a 4 survivors premade group, and those groups not communicating even to reach the level of coordinated "competitive teams". After that, we can start nerfing/buffing everything in a proper way.

One thing that 100% needs to be looked at is maps, especially Cowshed, Garden, etc.

• Vinyl_vs_World
    Options

I agree for sure like maybe add an in game voice chat available for those who want to to at lest give solo players a chance to communicate to each other. And maps don’t feel the same just today I have been on the resident evil map 10 time of my 15 games so far. And for build wise I’ve looked at guides but it requires to spend money which I dont really have income to spend filled up with bills

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

survivors don't need buffs they need to get better at the game,,destroy prove / hyperfocus / brand new parts and suddenly they get better at looping which is the most fun aspect of playing survivors

Nerf the gen kick bot meta for killers as well to force chase oriented or mixed builds for killers

Game is super boring / stale even more than unbalanced atm

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I don't think "Nothing should change", as there are adjustments to do on both sides, but I don't agree with your other options either.

I think survivors will be in a pretty nice spot once the action icons will be in place. They will still have some useless or way too situational perks, but so do killers !

I actually think some killers should receive slight buffs and QoL to their own kit, especially after the icons come. No bulk buffs to all killers, but time, love and care to killers that feel a little clunky or underpowered. Not even necessarily lower tier either. Hag could use some QoL or even slight buffs specific to her chase playstyle to incentive less camping, and Blight has some funky hitboxes on some maps.

I think some survivor items need to get looked at as well. High rarity toolboxes and medkits particularly, with the right addons, are too strong. I generally use a brown medkit to get one independent heal throughout the game, but if I load into a lobby and see all my teammates have medkits and toolboxes I empathize with killer and remove my own item for things to be a little fairer.

And I really would love if we could have a wave of perk buffs : not a perk overhaul where perks get arbitrarily nerfed for their usage numbers, but were we take a look at which perks never come into play and why. I think there are some pretty good candidates on both sides that could receive buffs.

So no, survivors as a whole don't need a bulk buff right now. The icons will do just fine =)

• Quietus
    Quietus Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Nothing should get changed

Solo queue could use some buffs.

SWFs, however, need some nerfs.