Playing Killer is frustrating, because Survivors are Gods in this game

Marik1987
Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

I am done with this. I dont care anymore. If u play at the daytime (right now), you have literally no chance of winning against these squads I get. They do 5 gens in under 5mins while Teabagging mid-chase and Bodyblocking. Always 2 guys at the gens, tunneling them asap, ignoring everything else. Prove Thyself, Commodious Toolbox, Boon Circle of Healing and the most broken sht I have even seen... new Deadhard.

Its time to move on to Nurse every fckin game, cant wait for this Midchapter and her 7-Blinks.

If I want to play something outside of Nurse, I should wait for the evening, when all the noobs come online.

Deadhard BROKEN as fck, 3rd health-state for everyone. In these lobbies, they almost never miss the timing. Adrenaline at the end = Free Escape, because the others have already 99% the gate till this chased survivor is there. Dont forget the Free Escape off hook with 10sec Basekit-BT and Bodyblocks, Reassurance to coordinate perfectly. Its absolutely impossible for killers to do sht then.

I can really understand why EVERYONE is tunneling hardcore and says, without Tunneling its absolutely impossible to win. I just need to watch "Comp.DBD" to see this one playstyle in every single game to get at least a 2K.

Now, with Basekit Unbreakable incoming, this will become absolute garbage. One "Killer-Patch 6.1.0", while survivors gets a buffed Deadhard, a 10sec Basekit-BT, still sick gen-speeds with their OP-Toolboxes, hell no. This game - for killers - has become way more worse than it was before.

"But Marik, the killrates have increased, so killers needs nerfs, not buffs". Yes, they increased because Noobs cannot handle Eruption etc., because they dont know when to "let the gen go". In my lobbies, you have that little things called Voice-Call: "Im going down, let go". Boom!

Tunneling, Camping, Tunneling, Camping, NOED. Thats it nowadays. You did a splendid job BHVR, but unfortunately, BOTH Sides are pissed now. But hey, soon even Solo-Survivors, which granted killers better stats, will become more efficient with your Icon-System. While all that happens, most of the killers are totally useless against these squads I encounter. I have 2.200 hours in this game, why the hell do I get guys with 9.000 hours, 6.000 hours, playing like Comp.-Teams, tunneling Gens asap.

Cant wait for that Basekit Unbreabakle. "But think about the new players and the casuels u would like to say?"

I dont go against these survivors, so why should I care?

Hex-Builds are garbage, because the totems are in front of a roof, so everybody can see them. Oh dont forget that awesome Totem in Shack everyone literally spawns at it.

You wonder why killers bring 3 Gen-Regression-Perks every single match. I will lift the secret: "BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO!" We dont have anything left besides Pain Resonance and the Call of Brine/Eruption-Combo. Nothing. Playing without Gen-Regression? Sure, I can do that, but I know the outcome by default.

@Survivors: Dont blame the killer for tunneling every game. This game is created to do it. Tunnel one out before the 4th gen is done. Tunnel the 2nd out before the exit gates are opened. Use the Altruism survivors love to do to grab someone off the hook and go for the last person. Thats the way. Mixing hooks? Dont tunnel? Yea, if u play against noobs who fail skillchecks, yes. Besides that, mixe them if u want to lose.

Hell, give us a fckin break, please!!!

Post edited by Marik1987 on

Comments

• Marik1987
    edited January 2023
  • Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

As a killer main ( and i mean i played survivor like 3 time over 1500 hours ) i totally agree with you

The problem is not which side is stronger, or better it may be a problem, but right now the real issue is the current meta where killer and survivor are basically forced to run the same perks over and over, is the only valid option to play and win at this game, unless you play just for meme builds and watch people t-bag you

Couple of days ago i have tried a complete new build with Legion, no slowdown, no regress, nothing, just uncommon used perks and guess what ? Almost every match ended in a fail, best result was a 3k. If i play my Legion with another build, based on the current meta, well..let's say things are VERY different. And the same goes for suvivors i'm sure.

The problem is not nerfing into hell DH or Eruption, is rebalance and rework the core mechanic of this game, rework perks and addons, rework many killers and then you'll see a totally different game with many many different build. But as long the game is based on how fast you genrush well..i'll bring COB, Erutpion, OG and you'll bring DH,PT,ADrenaline and BNP

• Marik1987
    edited January 2023

I have no clue where I am with the MMR.

Its always the same: Even on Killers I barely play I get these Gen-Tunneler, 2-3x Deadhard every game, Prove Thyself, Boon, Off the Record, Adrenaline every game etc. Most of the time 1-2 gens are done when I hitted the first survivor (not hooked!). I still manage to win mostly, but not because Im super good, its the Altruism that keeps up the stats.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

Okay

I get that you're angry, and I see the typical responses to frustration in the thread, BUT. I want to point out one thing from your original post.

And that is "daytime" I have the exact same experience at that time. If I'm playing pacific 12-4 p.m. as a killer, almost all squads are either hyperfocus gen rush built, or something like a bully squad, thats wants to fight.

It's very different from later in the day when most people are back from a 4 or 6 p.m. office thing.

And the approach and perks you might use to be competitive are different, so on one hand I can say I enjoy the varied styles of survivor game play that they can present killers with, but on the other hand, these styles seem too far apart to allow you to pick the wrong perks and still be competitive in every match. So in short, I understand the frustration. And it does clearly lead to normal survivor frustration because the killer is trained to approach them in a way they aren't equiped to handle.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Gods? No

Demons... maybe.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's not coming in 5 days.

Okay, a few things.

• Yes, sweaty SWFs are still obnoxious.
    • New DH is strong, possibly OP - but it's a breath of fresh air compared to the septic tank the original was.
    • Genrush is a thing again, and it's generally a mix of Hyperfocus/Stakeout/Toolbox.
    • Some of the killer roster needs some major love (looking at you Trapper, Demo and co.) and a few maps need some work, but killers have never been stronger than they are now, at least not in recent memory.
    • Yes, hexes are crap now.
    • Kill rates went up at high MMR too.
  • AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,370

I mean, yea that sucks but why should the killer throw the game when some players were babies and refused to accept the game wasn't going their way and quit? Sure, legit DCs happen, but there is a way to tell a legit DC from a "Leave Match" and a lot of the time, I get people who just left the match because they made a mistake on a loop or something. So, as killer, what I need to be like "Ope, someone disconnected, time for me to stop playing the game."

I mean, why not turn it around? The killer is stuck with sweat hog survivors that won't allow the killer a chance for even one kill after two survivors dced denying them that chance.

No, the fact is, no matter how many disconnects happen, the killer does not owe the remaining survivors an escape any more than the survivors owe the killer a kill.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

A couple things. Survivors unhooking themselves (without perks) is a 4% chance; Half the time it doesn't even work. I do agree that Dead Hard and Adrenaline are unhealthy for the game, though. Also base kit Unbreakable isn't officially coming to the game, it was a test to see how it would effect gameplay (just like the base kit Mori's), and we all saw how that turned out.

With that being said, I can understand the frustration when it comes to playing killer. I get matched with comp/sweaty survivors on the daily. Gens fly by fast thanks to the abundance of gen perks, survivors body blocking the hook even though you haven't hooked a single survivor yet, survivors 99'ing the gate to fool around and bully the killer. It all can be frustrating. Gen slowdown perks (save for Eruption), tunneling and camping doesn't really help deal with them, either. It's a lose-lose scenario, unless you are extremely skilled with the killer you play or play a killer with a lot of map pressure. Maps also play a huge role in the outcome of a match and it also doesn't help that MMR doesn't work as intended.

The best thing you can do is just play the match for fun instead of for winning (even though it can be very difficult to have fun as killer). Playing for winning inflates your MMR, playing for fun keeps it balanced.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

That's funny i dont use gen rush build and apparently I escape far more than most of the forums by how they act.

Survivors dont need faster gens if people are efficient on them, but alot of the time people arent or struggle to loop the many safe tiles in the game.

If you truly want to win more as survivor learn how to loop against each killer and constantly push gens, if everyone does that its pretty easy

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Matchmaking has seemed very odd to me personally over the past few days since iv been playing again So maybe that's what you're experiencing?

Because if its happening to everyone else as well you'll have people like me who youd class as mega sweaty, versing killers we just shouldn't be versing and am having easy games. Just a thought and my experience as survivor recently but that may just be me.

Though survivor has always been easy and the stronger role imo

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

No one is saying survivors are owed the escape but usually it's a courtesy thing. Sort of like yeah buddy I know this game is unwinnable now go ahead and get out quick better luck next time solo.

It's the nice thing to do?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I only face sweaty killers even I keep dying to them in soloQ. My killer games are lot more chill and I can go for 8 hooks before killing anyone. Only occasionally I have sweaty game.

• jiaanhaii
    jiaanhaii Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2023

I get that you're angry, and I see the typical responses to frustration in the thread, BUT. I want to point out one thing from your original post.

hellodear.in

tea tv apk

Post edited by jiaanhaii on
  • NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

Play Meme builds and make the sweaty survivors have to wait in a 10 minute queue to face anyone.

I am done playing to win as Killer. If a SWF wants to beat me in 2 minutes or less and go to the back of the line, then go ahead. Because my queue as Killer is instant. I already see SWF's trying to prolong the game when they realize I don't care about the Gen Rush/Regression show.

I still run Devour Hope mixed with Hex Plaything to make things interesting, though. Because actual com SWF's don't care about Play Thing and I laugh everytime to see them go into a panic trying to find Devour Hope in the swarm of Play Thing Hexes. So, either you gen rush me and get out or I mori all of you. My matches are lightning fast and the sweaty SWF still goes back to 10 minute queue, PROFIT.

• SmolBlob
    SmolBlob Member Posts: 399

Survivors are gods? Any players are gods? Are we playing the same game? The odds that you'll face literally anyone of that level on either side is so infinitesimally small to the point of being practically negligible.

Just because you lost doesn't mean they're gods. It means you underperformed. Improve yourself instead of blaming others and complaining about them. You can beat 99% of lobbies just off being better than them, regardless of your build or their build. This is a skill issue.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

10/10 seething, coping, malding rant post,, could have been a little better if it included complaints aboht flashlight sabes being easier now 💯

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,986

Play survivor and then you will have gods as teammates

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Bait or not, the game has issues and there's def a degree of frustration, anxiety and stress that can come with playing Killer...and while there are times a really good player, or a 2-3 or even 4 SWF team can curbstomp ya...it's not THAT frequent.

The problem is "death by a 1000 cuts" scenario, small to medium issues that need to be looked at and fixed. Matchmaking is whatever, and I feel this game has never (and probably will never) have a solid & accurate matchmaking AND low queue times...I honestly don't think it can ever achieve both. Imo, the biggest problem is map design, some Perk reworks and then the structure of matches with Gens. In particular how any halfway decent team can still blow through them regardless of the Killer's performance.

But to say every match is against "gods" like c'mon xD. This just makes our arguments paper-thin and not taken seriously.... be better than that. The game is constantly in need to balance and restructuring...I just dunno of BHVR has the time, personnel or money to REALLY dedicate a huge chunk to fixing every bit that needs it.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

Someone doesn't play survivor.

🤗

• Marik1987

its actual 50/50, but I am not above average on survivor for 100%.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

Just admit you're on the casual side when it comes to video games and take things easy.

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 459

Of course it doesn't work half the time, it's only a 4% chance of unhooking. That means that out of 25 attempts, you would escape once.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598

Correction: Finish MOri is in the work. Basekit unbrekable was more of a test and I don't think is going to get into the game according to this old forum post.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598

(You wonder why killers bring 3 Gen-Regression-Perks every single match. I will lift the secret:"BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO!")

My guy, I don't have to run 3 gen regression perks. If anything I only run one. If I get bodied because I am okay with losing a few games from time to time. Plus, runnig 3 gen egression perks can get mad boring. Deadlock, Brutal, STBFL, Hex: Blood Flavor < fun perk build on Clown. If I want to try hard: Ruin, Survailance, Pain rez, STBFL. And if the sruvivors managed to escape? That's fine, "ggs" and go to the next game.

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456

I would say it depends on the situation. DC at the start? I don't wanna wait for 5 gens to pop so imma end the game quick? 3 gens left because someone had another temper tantrum? Get the gens done and leave. I fully understand people getting extremely frustrated by those dcers. Like you just want a normal match and someone dcs for no good reason other than: this match is not going the way I want so I have to inflate my massive ego and leave.

• FMG15

TBF there was no justifiable reason to make a flashlight buffer. Flashy saves are now braindead easy and I'm finding myself in more and more situations where I can't pick up the survivor because they are postioned in a way that makes the saves very easy and I have to slug and down the other survivors as well which is just boring. And if I don't bring agi hooking survivors is a pain because a lot of teams I go up against bring atleast one sabo toolbox.

• FMG15

I face more and more sweaty teams these days that can get the gens done in record time if you are not efficient enough in chases. The worst thing is that I get sent to the same 3 realms every game as Bubba or Billy: Badham, Eyrie and GoJ. It's so frustrating because these maps are so severely unbalanced that there is almost no winning against this. Not only has GoJ the best loop structures but also so many loops in general that survivors win by just predropping pallets every game. If you don't run the good addons on Bubba you lose on this maps.

When it comes to the Nurse after mid chapter assuming they don't change the addons in the PTB you should rather run Jenner's Last Breath and Campbell's Last Breath instead of the Torn Bookmark because it has way less downsides to it and does its job better.

The MMR syystem kinda ruined the experience for everyone. It creates artificial pressure to sweat as much as possible in order to stand a chance of winning on both sides. I think (tinfoil head on) BHVR does this intentionally to keep you pressured and get a lot of negative emotions because thats what keeps you playing this game. Negative emotions always beat positive so they stay in your head. Thats why many games are going the competitive route. It makes you addicted to the game. That might be why SBMM was implemented in the first place.

And as long as getting gens done quick is always the survivors #1 objective gen perks and perks that waste the killers time (2nd chance perks) will always be meta and used by almost everyone. So unless BHVR changes the core gameplay things will never change.

• yauniqua
    yauniqua Member Posts: 151

*uses laugh react option*

you do realize that you will not have a 2 minute match with multiple dcs or 4ks every round right??

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

that is true ,but at least they removed double lockers though you still can get a locker save if survivor is grabbed while entering / exiting

• AbsolutGrndZer0

Yea, but the game isn't necessarily unwinnable, and even if it is, salty players just DC at the drop of a hat, so it may be "nice" but it's just not fun to have to basically throw every other match. I mean I like to run Video Tape and Crate of Gears on Pig, then for perks I bring Blood Warden, No Way Out, Remember Me, and Terminus. So if a player is like "OMG Video Tape, sweaty Pig I quit" and disconnects, why should I stop playing? I don't expect the killer to do it when I am playing survivor, and I don't do it when I am playing killer.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

If you got a DC at the first down, not saying it's impossible but yeah I wouldn't put money in Vegas. I usually appreciate a kinda killer on that but even if you aren't going to let us go can killer not tunnel and sweat hog it up ?

• FMG15

Well grab saves are preventable so atleast that has a counter. THe good old double locker had none other than survivors messing up.

• RokoRynai
    RokoRynai Member Posts: 7

What it seems like is we need a shift in the meta. The current gen kicking build for killers is unfun for everyone, its boring for killers because they don't commit to a chase and just kick gens. Its boring for survivors because they don't get chased or any progress done on gens. I personally think they need to buff jolt out to 40 meters as a start. Its a gen slowdown perk that encourages chasing, but its currently not strong enough to compete. I think gen kick perks need a nerf, and as well as gen speed perks on survivors. I think gens could use another 10 seconds added to them as well. I also want to state these are just suggestions, so don't tear me apart for it, but I do want constructive criticisms and am very open to hearing other ideas.

• AbsolutGrndZer0

I mean I don't tunnel as a general rule, but I'm also not going to ignore you if you are in my face and nobody else is around.