Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Eruption is not too strong. You are too weak

2»

Comments

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No one said it was too strong, it's one of the strongest perks which will make it meta and they switch metas so it has to be nerfed or people will still use it a lot. They will nerf strong survivor perks also.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

I personally like @DBDVulture idea better bc it keeps eruption strong but is also unique, unlike your idea where you are just making eruption into a copy of Pain+DMS. I also don't care for gen blocking perks all that much bc they stop the regression while the gen is blocked(yes I know currently that part is bugged as shown in otz's stream yesterday. Right now gens continue to regress while being blocked but clearly, that is a bug that I'm pretty sure to be fixed sooner or later.) Your idea can work it's just that I don't think it's unique since we already have the pain+dms combo.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226
    edited January 2023

I touched on it in another thread, but comm'ing Eruption is not nearly as straightforward as players make it out to be. Someone will travel ~16 meters by the time they say "I'm going down" and the killer lunges. An inner monologue is a lot quicker than verbalizing a thought and reacting to someone else's words. I genuinely don't think anyone here has actually tried to communicate Eruption in practice, let alone in a comp setting where comms are constant about everything.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,984

DH is not too strong, you are too weak

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The regression stopping is why I added the extra 5% to compensate.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Eruption is not even the real problem. It only becomes tedious when the killer's entire build revolves around Call of Brine + Overcharge.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

New DH has no counter if you are attacked by Nurse/Blight and other killers with a timed duration attack. New DH also can force a killer to swing at a pallet and you get hit getting a free speed burst and get to save the pallet. If he doesnt swing you can save the pallet and DH and do another lap.

Since DH can be used as a reaction to a lunge it is much stronger than you seem to think.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

That's fair but doesn't change the fact that the idea is just making the pain res+DMS combo into a single perk. In fact if they did do that, eruption would most likely be complained about even more bc before eruption was meta survivor complained about pain res+DMS ALOT.

• DBDVulture

I play both sides. I want a fair game when I play survivor or killer.

People I play survivor with say : why is the killer tunneling me? I say it's because he lost 2 gens in the first chase - that's exactly what I would do.

I want the tunneling of gens and survivors to stop. Most survivors only want the tunneling of survivors to stop not realizing that is a reaction to the generators being tunneled.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Dead Hard wasn't too strong, you were just too weak.

Insta-heals weren't too strong, you were just too weak.

Locker saves weren't too strong, you were just too weak.

God, the us vs them never ends does it

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Killer players will literally tunnel people at 4 gens and 1 DC. You seem to not understand that tunnelling isn't always a gen thing at all. Lots of people tunnel simply because the don't like someone in game. Let's not use gen progress as a be all end all arguing point

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

By all means, please do explain why a perk that SoloQ players have no way of knowing when it’ll activate and cripple for them for what feels like several years, while also pretty much doing nothing to SWF Groups with voice comma, is fine as is and isn’t in need of a rework

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited January 2023

In the end of the day, despite the views of either side, bhvr will take the easy way out and change the perk.

If I had to guess, they will keep the affect but make it only work once per gen like merciless storm.

On second thought, they might add an overcharge skillcheck that when successfully hit negates the affect.

• DBDVulture

-"You seem to not understand that tunnelling isn't always a gen thing at all. Lots of people tunnel simply because the don't like someone in game"

You don't know the random people in a match. You don't repeatedly play against Eric the bully who beats you up every day after school. If I play 10 games I will at most see 1 person again unless the player pool is very small due to the low number of people in the high skill pool or late hours.

My game plan is to start tunneling at five generators every game. I've been conditioned to play this way because survivors always want to finish the gens as quickly as possible. Survivors always want to break my three gen setup but killing one member of their team on the third hook is roughly equivalent to the survivors breaking my three gen.

It's very simple. Change the perk so that if the killer kicks a generator and then someone goes down two things happen.

1) The generator can't be interrupted for ~45 seconds.

2) The generator loses 10% regression instantly.

Now SWF and solo teams are equally affected. The survivor can stand there for 45 seconds and wait to get on a generator that will likely be regressed at least 20% if not more or they can run to a different generator. During that 45 seconds they could heal themselves very slowly with self care.

Either way SWF and solo queue are equally affected. The perk remains strong but not oppressive.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

the counter play to eruption is the same as dh

wait it out