Starting to feel scared to play certain killers.

Options
Jylppy
Jylppy Member Posts: 44
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

I am just gonna say it out loud. Say me I am a wuss or I should stop playing killer. Whatever but I actually sometimes feel I am scared to play certain killers because I fear I am gonna face bullying SWF or some comp players. And certain killers I mean lower tier killers. For expample Pig, Doctor, Ghost Face etc.

I am finaly learning how to play killer in effective ways and how to catch up to survivors without too powerful abilities but as I am learning and getting 3-4 kills, my MMR is going higher. So after some time I just can not get anything done anymore on the field. Sometimes barely getting a single hook in the game because I can not catch up on god tier loopers. And I am going to a point where I just don't enjoy playing lower tier killers and fear to play as them.

Pig is one of my favorite killers in the game and I love playing as her in general. But against some survivors I feel like there is nothing to do. And the thing that makes me now fear to queue as a Pig for example is that whenever I join a game with really good survivors, maybe a SWF, it always involve survivors playing super toxic. And it is finaly getting under my skin. Because it is every god damn match I have to face the most toxic builds or behavior. I just can not stand it anymore. And this is happening to the killers I like the most. Before I had zero problems with toxic behavior and I actually sometimes enjoyed yelling with them at the end game chat. I have had so many good laughs but not anymore. It is actually super embarrassing that you didn't get nothing done and you just admit that they were better while they throw trash at you.

I am not saying that I need to be cured somehow or that everyone should stop playing however they want the game. Yes toxic behavior is poison and it should not be a thing, but I am no man to tell someone how they should play their games. I just wanna say this out loud to get some relief. So if you have nothing nice to say, just don't comment because I am not even reading those. Maybe I am not reading any comments to this discussion because this is me just letting things out of my chest.

Thank you.

Edit:

I have to add this. Way I feel is not about fear of losing a game. I don't really care that much if I lose or not. It is the behavior that makes me feel afraid. I have zero issues to lose a game with zero hooks to a nice and kind survivors.

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 892
    Options

Dont be afraid! Remember it is just a game :) if you dont want to play like that you certainly dont have to. Even if they are smashing through gens I just go make a nice hot cup of coffee! XD

• Jylppy
    Options

Thanks for these words! These kind of words means a lot because they remind me that there still is good people in this community.

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239
    edited January 2023
    Options

When your mmr climbs to a point where you're facing survivors that stomp you...believe it or not that's a good thing. Mmr thinks your likely going to lose and when you do it'll drop you lower to a more accurate match after.

So what you get wrecked one game but I'm sure you won like what the last 5 or 10 straight? Take it with a grain of salt broheim.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,147
    Options

I fear playing all killers either they're not good enough and have some weaknesses or im not good with the killer. Im even scared playing spirit with mother daughter ring and dried cherryl blossom add ons. Players like me need 2 killer mode so you don't have to play alone agains't 4 man team. I have always disliked solo multiplayer games too where you fight equal opponent. I almost never have played solo in fortnite.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 831
    edited January 2023
    Options

When I first started playing I felt the same way but it's not as bad as you may think. Bully squads are extremely rare thing for me.

• Jylppy
    Options

Thanks everybody.

• proxy_taxfraud
    proxy_taxfraud Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 153
    Options

You have to bully them first and harder.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 578
    Options

I feel the SAME exact way and relate so hard with Pig. I had a game the other day and I got pulled into an ACTUAL INFINITE in dead dawg. It takes 3 people and a lot of work but it makes M1 killers completely null. They just had 3 people cycle around with head on, botany, and COH. Whenever one would go down someone would take the hit. Whoever you chased would heal then jump into a locker and whenever you passed by lockers BAM head on. Safe to say never playing Pig again.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,785
    Options

I feel like it's normal to be anxious when you're playing a game with a group of people who might or might not turn out to be hostile toward you.

I feel worried when I queue up for killer too -- like, "Is this going to be normal, or is it going to be terrible?" And I sometimes have to ask myself whether I'm in the right headspace to deal with it, if it's terrible. Which is not how I really want to feel when I'm playing a video game for fun.

• KingDeathly
    KingDeathly Member Posts: 149
    Options

I feel the same way. I have 1k hours so far, and only recently swapped over to play killer. I only feel comfortable playing nemesis. On every other killer i feel tons of anxiety. The mmr system doesn't make it easy either to get into killer. The first time you play killer on killer you never touched before you will have like i would say 6-7 good games till your MMR goes up, and then you face survivors bringing dead hard/ boiled over/ unbreakable with maxed out medkits with iri addons with maxed out toolboxes with brand new parts. Its truly a sweat fest going up against these players, and if you don't play exactly right gens go within like 5 minutes. I made a rule for myself that if I don't get a kill by 2 gens I'll start camping/tunneling to atleast get 1-2 kills. It works i atleast get some kills this way, but then get trash talked in lobby saying oh you can't win unless you camp. Like the same ######### can be said about you? You cant win if you bring every second chance perk in the game with iri addons with medkits? You don't see me trash talking you for bringing that crap,but you gonna give me crap cause you gen rushed me with everything including prove thyself. Yeah If I didn't tunnel or camp at 2 gens I wouldn't get any kills with those type of matches. Do what I do turn off the end game chat, and if the survivors make it to the exit gates don't sit there watching them t-bag just turn around and go smash doors/pallets for points.

• Jylppy
    Options

Exactly. And also like someone said already, it's funny that we don't care to lose as a survivor that much than a killer. And big part of it is because you are alone there. There is no one saving you from the bullying. And when you are playing survivor, you can always blame others lol. This is what happens most of the time.

I read some time ago about why survivors tend to be toxic. Well there of course is just toxic people that wanna ruin someones day but there is other side also. Some survivors start to meme and try to be funny with their friends because the basegame is too boring. It is too plain to play. Just sitting on gens or hanging from a hook. So should there be more stuff to do? Like on gens and overall features when playing a match. Idk and would the game be too confusing for newer players? Collecting parts to generators or something haha. Because it is true, hitting skillchecks is boring.

• Jylppy
    Options

I would love 2 killers game. Idk should it be more than 4 survivors then but atleast i would be alone. I am that kind of person who starts to panic and fail in games if I have to clutch or there are spectators watching my game. Like in PUBG.

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

I must say I relate to your situation a lot. I used to love playing killer but something changed and I now feel incredibly anxious to the point of having full blown attacks. It really stinks because it's started spreading into survivor games too, and I've had to basically just stop playing altogether which is not something i want to do. I don't know why this game became so incredibly stressful so quickly as I have played several games that were more competitive in nature and never once felt this way.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

welcome to dbd dude (the REAL one). You know, the solutions are simple:

1 play as leatherface... if something doesn't seems right just camp, if you are aganist toxic tryharders then why giving them what they seek (chases and free toxicity for you)? Took the 1st survivor and just camp (you won't win probably, but that won't be your goal: your job will be to give them an unfun match... if they lose even one of their mates in the meantime then it's even better)

2 master nurse and/or blight and play with the strongest things that you can use (even then it won't be sufficient to beat the sweatiest teams tho)

3 take a break until the devs will FINALLY adress those problems (not gonna happen so at this point stop to play dbd for good)

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    edited January 2023
    Options

Post gamechat is a waste of time, keep it closed if it upsets you. As for meeting stronger players, handle your expectations going in and stop feeling like not getting any kills is a failure. You can set your own win condition. You'll be surprised at how the expectations we have change how we respond to things.

Look at Otz during a streak vs doing a fun build. Completely different reactions to similar situations due to expectations he has put on himself.

As for BM, swap targets if someone simply isn't fun to chase, either because of BM or because they feel uncatchable.

• Unam
    Unam Member Posts: 113
    Options

Dont think they Won, bcs they are better than you...

They won, bcs at a certain skill level, if both sides are equally as good at the game, dbd is designed for survs to win.

Maps are surv sided, time is on survs side, even RNG is on survs side 99% of the time...

And its always the most subpar players that trashtalk the most...

Even the fact, that playing in an swf with trollbuilds could make you win the game against a META killer build should open everyones eyes on how frekin survsided this game is...

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Just because a swf can beat a killer running a meta build doesn’t instantly mean the game is survivor sided. Sometimes, it isn’t the maps fault, or the survivors fault that you lost a match. Sometimes it’s because you played bad and no one seems to be able to admit that in this game.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 571
    Options

If survivor play toxic with you, don't be afraid to become toxic

You play as the Killer, if you see that you gonna stomp them, then... Try to be more friendly (but kill everyone)

But, if you see that the survivor are just toxic (try to blind you, body blocking, teabag for no reason) ... Just... Become what you play, a Killer, no heart, no compassion, just killing the most efficience way

Like, I just play freddy, for testing him, with only his three perks, and nothing else... First game, Toxic SWF

What can I do? Just slugging

Did it work? Yes

Did survivor insult me? Dunno, some DC and the other left immediatly the game

• Unam
    Unam Member Posts: 113
    Options

I dont mind ppl playing better or outplaying me.

But how is "running to every pallet, pre dropping until you have to brake them and then run to infinites like haddonfield windows or garden of joy main" playing better than me?

Take garden of joy mainbuilding. if you dont ######### up running it as a surv, there is physically no chance an M1 Killer can get you. How is that skill?

like I said, most of the maps are designed around survivors winning. Just like the gen mechanic itself. I mean holding 1 button and ocassionaly pressing another one. How is that skillfull?

Heck even take the latest hud update. Survs get all of those Infos FOR FREE, while killers have to memorize hookstates.