Would you Sandbag your teammates if it was perk related?

Not_Music
Not_Music Member Posts: 28

For context, I'm creating perk ideas and wanted to do one for baiting survivors into Sandbagging their friends.

For example, let's say there is a killer perk that grants more Bloodpoints to survivors if they play well. However, it only goes to the Obsession. Now, to swap Obsession, you must do something like miss Skill Checks consecutively.

Would you do it? If not, is there anything that would change that?

Would you Sandbag your teammates if it was perk related? 16 votes

Yeah
31%
SixShotOcelotnot_requested49saneesWinwinSaltySaltine 5 votes
Nah
68%
brokedownpalaceGuiltiiAurelleyellowguy77CodeDBhastarkisPhantom_HugTheHagEzrelBrandon48CBT137 11 votes

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited February 2023
    Nah

I think it's hard enough escaping as survivor without sandbagging, and that there's enough sandbagging without incentives, whether accidental or not.

I would not.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Nah

No. There's enough sandbagging in game as is, without incentives. Solo survivor is already hard enough.

• Not_Music

What if it was in SWF? You could ask teammates if it's okay to sandbag them a bit for an advantage

• Not_Music

What if instead of a BP incentive, it gave you a boost? Whether that be a speed boost or you could work on things quicker. Maybe you're no longer effected by certain Status Effects?

• HugTheHag
    edited February 2023
    Nah

I don't speak for everyone, obviously some people would have a field day with this, but I don't think losing 30% progression on a gen (assuming failing 3 skillchecks to become the obsession) can have a worthwhile counterpart ever. The action speed boost would actually need to be massive to make up for the lost progression.

Look at it in reverse : would you, as killer, accept a survivor perk that puts instantly 30% of progression into a gen, with its drawback being that the survivor becomes exhausted/blinded for a long period of time ? Injured with mangled ? Or even exposed ? That would still be broken. (even assuming only one gets taken into the game by lobby).

I can't see a bonus that would be worth, even individually, the trouble you put the team through... Except MAYBE, something that has to do with hatch, and the perk would play the role of a "jumping the ship" once the survivor thinks it's impossible to win, and would sandbag to see hatch aura for example (to maintain the original spirit you intended of sandbagging others for personal gain, let's say the hatch switches places everytime the obsession changes, so it's impossible for all players to know where hatch is definitely).

Which is already kind of when most sandbags happen anyway.

So, I'm obviously not on board with the concept of encouraging toxic plays, but I'm also unconvinced people would actually play along.

That being said, I could see a killer perk that plays with how much a survivor annoys you through notifications : like if they've missed more than x number of skillchecks or fast vaulted / exited out of lockers while not in chase x times, they get exposed or their aura revealed (or KI) for a little while. It would not happen a lot, but it could find its place on certain impossible skillchecks builds.

• Not_Music

Honestly, that's wicked fair! I'll avoid skill checks then. The Hatch idea could be something, I do really like the idea of that. We could change the Sandbag too. Another idea I had was to make it so you could put an injured teammate into broken while you get some other buff. But then how do I get them to activate it

• HugTheHag
    edited February 2023
    Nah

For the put into broken, I think you're looking too far on the sandbag aspect.. As in, I think it would be neat concept in itself !

I don't know how it would be justified lore-wise, but a killer perk that makes it so that self-heals inflict you with broken for 30s/35s/40s. As in, you wasted 16s trying to heal, but now you're not only still injured but you're also broken. It would counter Circle of Healing and the medkit meta as now survivors would need to group up for heals.

Or, since CoH is gonna be nerfed again and probably into the ground, the opposite : Being healed by another survivor gets you broken and still injured for a 30s/35s/40s. As to not make healing completely impossible, the perk would be on a cooldown of maybe 60s, so that heals are now only possible after you've already wasted the time it takes for one health state. It would favor either self-heals, which hopefully would be less common once CoH gets nerfed, and take a lot of time, or big group heals, where all survivors are together and easy to find, and mostly, not on gens.

The second concept would probably be much too strong (or much too weak once the survivors catch on and if they have medkits), and require additionnal tuning, but there's potential in the idea ! =)

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 533
    Yeah

if it was a perk of a survivor and it would give some kind of buff like +2% to speed, then of course it would be a very strong tool in the right hands and swf

• Thralfazuz
    Thralfazuz Member Posts: 165

You have Red Herring for that,work on a gen with someone, you leave to go far away, enter the locker, Done.

You sandbagged your teammate without even knowing.Ideal for solo escapes if you want to play selfish, pick Yun Jin to increase the immersion