The most overpowered thing in this game

Is obviously the Ebony Mori. Forget about DS, forget about NOED, forget about instaheals and iridescent hatchet for a second.

An ebony mori reduces the number of hooks needed by 2. And the number of chases needed by 4 out of 12, that's the equivalent of a guaranteed hatch without taking into account things like new DS and the snowball effect it has.

If anything in this game needs a nerf then it's that. It makes even the worst killers go straight to being almost OP

Comments

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Eveline said:
    But you don't get much points and it's add on not a perk. It's mostly for fun.

It's an offering not an addon. And it's not fun for the survivors who don't stand a chance against this.

And who cares about points, it's a free win

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Upside with the Ebony is that I find killers act more cocky with it. They tend to make more mistakes then the ones that don't run it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Keys are stronger.

• NuclearBurrito

@thesuicidefox said:
    Keys are stronger.

Keys skip at most 3/5 of the survivors objectives while an ebony skips 2/3 of the killers

2/3 > 3/5 thus ebony is stronger

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Not really. Don't get caught.

• NuclearBurrito

Keys are overpowed. Just not to the insane degree that an ebony is

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

Nurse is stronger

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    They're not super common to face, and god forbid a survivor have an actual scary game. If they were common then I'd agree but really they're not.
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@NuclearBurrito said:

An ebony mori reduces the number of hooks needed by 2. And the number of chases needed by 4 out of 12.

This statement is not correct. If you as a killer are putting enough pressure on the team of survivors, then you will probably be 2 hooking most of them.

It's absolutely a time saver, but not on the level you are implying.

They are also pretty rare.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

@Eveline said:

It's an offering not an addon. And it's not fun for the survivors who don't stand a chance against this.

My mistake. 
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    From what I have seen ebony mori' s are mainly used for an achievement, daily, what items survivors bring, what happened in the previous games or revenge over a certain player.

They are overpowered but in some cases they need to be, I see it more of a respond to a situation offering, a full decked out set of survivors with toolboxes, flashlights or Insta heals means you need another edge, Franklin's helps but they can go back for the item and in reality it actually only helps you with the particular survivor you are chasing at one time, so the Insta heals in essense.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    The only thing capable of getting a fair 4k against 4 men SWF who run instaheals, DS, BT and exhaustion perk. No need to nerf it.
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    tt_ivi_99 said:
    The only thing capable of getting a fair 4k against 4 men SWF who run instaheals, DS, BT and exhaustion perk. No need to nerf it.
    This + 1
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    4 camo Claudettes get an ebony mori in my book
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Some people suggest Ebony should only let you kill people after their second hook. But that would mean it only has aesthetic value, no gameplay advantage. Killers would complain about that. On the other hand, for survivors, it's very frustrating to bring your best item, or use one of your precious few BPS-es or Cake, and get moried the first minute.
    My solution is this: add a 25 or 50% BP bonus to survivors when facing an Ebony. Would ease some of the stress on survivors, without negatively affecting the killer.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Me being overly picky: Technically you could argue that it only reduces the number of hooks by one in most cases. Yes, you have instances like flashlight/pallet saves, Decisive Strike, and just not being able to find the hook in time, but in the majority of cases, if you are able to kill someone with an Ebony Mori, you can also just put them on a hook.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

SWF is the strongest thing in the game... By far

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@Eveline said:

Nothing is more OP than the survivors who can almost endlessly loop the killer, or complete 3 gens inside the first minute and a half of the game.

Stop whining, crybaby boy 
  • NuclearBurrito

@SIlentCetra said:
    NuclearBurrito said:

@Eveline said:

Nothing is more OP than the survivors who can almost endlessly loop the killer, or complete 3 gens inside the first minute and a half of the game.

I'm a killer main

• NuclearBurrito

I know that survivor's overall are OP. However this one mechanic which happens to be for Killer is particularly powerful compared to all of the other mechanics in this game. Yes everything else the survivors have combined is enough to counteract it but that is EVERYTHING they have compared to ONE thing the killer has.

And of course without the Eboni a Killer is ######### against survivors bringing the most OP crap they can

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@NuclearBurrito said:

@SIlentCetra said:
    NuclearBurrito said:

@Eveline said:

I'm a killer main

Ok now back to your locket :wink:

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187
    Master said:

@NuclearBurrito said:

@SIlentCetra said:
    NuclearBurrito said:

@Eveline said:

I'm a killer main

Ok now back to your locket :wink:

Nope. I play both ,actually. 
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@NuclearBurrito said:
    Is obviously the Ebony Mori. Forget about DS, forget about NOED, forget about instaheals and iridescent hatchet for a second.

An ebony mori reduces the number of hooks needed by 2. And the number of chases needed by 4 out of 12, that's the equivalent of a guaranteed hatch without taking into account things like new DS and the snowball effect it has.

If anything in this game needs a nerf then it's that. It makes even the worst killers go straight to being almost OP

4 DS is stronger than any mori.
    Mori is not overpowered in my consideration.
    You just have to escape the tunnel.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

When Im playing survivor I just DC. Since months ^^ It's op and toxic af and everything else than fun to play against ^^ it brings the ######### out of any killer no thx

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    The most overpowered thing in this game is simply doing gens
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

The problem is being hooked, proxy camped, then immediately taken out by the Mori 1 minute into the match.

I like being mori'd tho :P

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I don't completely agree, since I think Moris would have no meaning (besides being cosmetics) if they didn't allow to skip a hook phase. On the other hand I hate that killers with moris tend to camp and tunnel the hooked survivor to get rid of them asap, which is not very fun (just to be clear, I don't find it fun even when playing killer, so no "but it's fun for me" crap argument). If there could be a mechanic to prevent this Moris would be fine imo.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I don't find the mori all that bad. Its rare to see one unless the team decks out with items. Even if its a single use i find its better to save it for after each survivor is hooked, so the best runner gets it. Besides that, you often enough get 2 chances to best the killer and save yourself.
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Nah, most overpowered BS in DBD are 4 man SWF depipsquads. You can't use your mori if game ends in 5 minutes and you face survivors who know how to loop around a piece of wood while also knowing how to hide from nurse.

Sure they are rare but so are god nurses who bring ebony mori every game.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well, yes it is very strong, BUT lets not forget that it is an ultra rare offering with a one time only use and also has a negative impact to your emblems (less chases + less hooks + less inflicted injuries).

they are very fun though.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@NuclearBurrito said:

u know what this game needs? gen rush repair. longer gen repair time for at least 15s or 2nd objective.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Moris are strong, they should be for a rare and costly one time offering.
    Stealth, map knowledge, good looping-skills, instaheals, BT all are counters to Moris.

Just think of it like a fully optimized tool box. It helps you complete a gen insanely fast and progress inside the game. But a tool box can be reused multiple times, obtained during a match and helps you with more than one or max 4 objectives.
    Yes a Mori can end your match after the first hook, but in my eyes, incompetent teammates are the most broken aspect of the game. They can let you die on the first hook! Happens ever so often and each time I just ask myself why?
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Brady said:
    The problem is being hooked, proxy camped, then immediately taken out by the Mori 1 minute into the match.

This is what universally happens in-game, too, ESPECIALLY if Dying Light is in play. It's really sad.

I'd rather see Ebony Mori's unlock the kill after the second hook, and give bonus BP for executing someone instead of hooking them one last time.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

I DC when I see Ebony Mori.

If a killer is validated for DCing because of DS then I expect the same for an Ebony Mori. Ridiculous offering.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052

@Eveline said:

I don't understand people who want to "win" even if it means sacrificing their rewards. However, it is usually pretty fun for me watching the mori animations play out. Even after nearly 1000 hours
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

@Eveline said:

So much anger. Someone needs to ebony mori you  ;)
  • NuclearBurrito

@RoKrueger said:
    NuclearBurrito said:

@Eveline said:

So much anger. Someone needs to ebony mori you  ;)

Jokes on you. I'm the one doing the mori's around here ;)

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Actually SWF is stronger, and it's not ultra rare, it's ultra common

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    The most powerful thing is the endless loading screen.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited February 2019

Most over powered thing in this game? Lockers. They can block Doc's madness, bbq and chili, and all kinds of aura reading. Plus they are a source for the Huntress' hatchets!!!!

Us Dwights knew their potential way back when and were mocked for our special bond with them. But we knew. WE KNEW!!!!

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Limited use

That is all

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Brady said:

With a good team and 2 insta-heals, you won't get to the point of seeing a mori. Match will be already over.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    IMHO I agree red mori needs a nerf 
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Red mori is the equivalent to Instaheals, DS or BT.

They allow Survivors to nullify a down state / hook.
    Moris allow Killers to skip one down state / hook.

No, I don't think they're OP if you consider this. They're also ultra rare while DS and BT are perks that can be used literally every match by everyone.

• well it's true