Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Yet another Eruption Post.

Coffe_e
Coffe_e Member Posts: 60
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

Hey, BHVR. While many in the community love seeing the incapacitated removed from Eruption, I think you've gone a little overboard with the change. Having Eruption be 10% Current instead of flat is going to be a serious downgrade to it, especially with it's activation requirement, and Cooldown. The aura reading is nice, but the regression is the main problem here I feel. Allow me to illustrate:

You go to a gen currently being worked on, and Kick it. In exchange for this kick, the Survivor gains distance on you if they simply run away from the tile/area they're in. You then chase them for likely 20-40 seconds, and get 10% current regression upon a down.

In order to get value from eruption, you need to:

1. Kick a generator, likely giving distance to survivors
  2. Down them, which completely depends on the survivor's skill, killer you're playing, and tiles that spawn.
  3. Do this before the gen is completed if there were multiple survivors there.
  4. If you want to defend the gen, you have to go back to it before it's completed, and then don't have the perk for more insurance due to it's cooldown.

With such a demanding requirement to activate it's effect, I think that it SHOULD be strong, but not overly so. The Aura reading is nice for more mobility or range oriented killers, but I think that the gen regression shouldn't be nerfed so hard into the ground. 10% total progress only saves you 9 seconds after all, and the main regression was from it not being able to be touched by survivors from incapacitated. I think you should probably consider doing the following:

1. Increase the "Current" regression to possibly 15%, OR give it the flat 10% back.
  2. Removing it's cooldown.

I dont think losing 9 seconds is the worst thing to deal with, since most killers have trouble keeping gens that are far with pain res (a 15% total gen regression), so I feel these changes would make it a good, but not awful perk to deal with.

Post edited by Coffe_e on

Comments

• KblokoBR
    KblokoBR Member Posts: 209

We dont need to see nothing, just look to pop and imagine worse

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Pop got smacked, and we did fine. Eruption is getting smacked. Again, we will be just fine. There will always be a meta.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,670

You realize that the cooldown for Eruption occurs on the down, not the kick, right? That's live, right now, and isn't being touched at all.

The cooldown is already effectively non-existent.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

Ppl are upset bc yet again a perk is over nerfed and not balanced. I'm personally upset not because eruption getting nerf(I didn't even use it all that often to begin with. I'm more of a pain res, jolt and deadlock fan) but BVHR once again choice the easy and safe route when nerfing a overused or op perk. Instead just fixing the main problem of the perk they decided just to take it out back and put two in its head. Eruption now joins pop, ruin, and thana as perks that are completely useless and never be used again. Killers again has one less thing to choice from and will just use the next meta build till they decide to nerf that to the ground also.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363

Honestly I think if they just reverted it to how it was before the meta shakeup it would be fine - 6% total progress and 16 seconds incapacitated is nothing to scoff at, but it feels more fair.

it was a decent slowdown perk back then, and unfortunately overshadowed by a handful of much stronger ones.

• We did fine because we moved on to stronger regression perks and Pop was abandoned. All OP is saying is that Eruption will likewise be abandoned.

• HalloweenKid909
    HalloweenKid909 Member Posts: 29

Facts

• HalloweenKid909
    HalloweenKid909 Member Posts: 29

Meanwhile dead hards more Op than before and they haven't nerfed it .

If they would have kept it the same

- the distance i think it would be fine

• Ok, now play survivor without ever using Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Off The Record, Adrenaline, Unbreakable, or Deliverance. If not it's a skill issue because you aren't playing without crutch meta perks.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I already don't use those perks aside from adrenaline from time to time lol but ok pal

• The_Krapper

Dead hard is definitely not more op than it was when you got the speed boost+ the immunity but it's still really good it's another bad design like eruption except dead hard isnt as bad to deal with in my opinion, I honestly could care less if it were removed all together

• The_Krapper

Lol what's the deal with dead hard? I never run that perk and it's like I'm getting it thrown in my face like I use it every game, I stand by what I said if you feel like you cant play a match without having a certain perk it's a skill issue no matter which side you're on this isn't 2017 DBD people are overreacting as usual nothing new to see here

• I also forgot to mention Circle of Healing for good measure. Either way the point is that the killer meta is constantly targeted by Behavior's nerfs while the meta survivor perks are barely touched. That's where the complaints come from.

• The_Krapper

It doesn't matter what role you're playing if you have to have a perk and feel like you can't play without it then that's a skill issue not a balance issue, I'm constantly messing with builds I'm nowhere near the best at either role but I know I'm decent and if I can do it and still have positive win rates on both sides then anyone else could too it's really not like this game takes a great deal of brainpower or skill to begin with if we're being honest about it, it's quite laughable people want to be so competitive like it's a skilled game compared to the other great games in the world

• The_Krapper

That's not even true though that's a biased opinion I've been here since the start and I've saw way worse is all I was getting at this really is a chill game these days and I used to have to sweat for kills, I don't use COH either I've been on reactive healing and a medkit lately it's actually a lot better than people give it credit for, I love off the meta builds

• Sure the basic mechanics of the game have been improved for killer but are you seriously going to make the claim that the survivor perk meta has been shaken up anywhere near as much as the killer perk meta over the years? Doesn't Hex:Ruin and Pop getting nerfed to the ground ring a bell? Eruption is the latest such victim. Can you recall any survivor meta perk getting nerfed that hard? Even decisive strike is still viable in the meta as a backup second chance perk.

• BlueRose
    edited February 2023

Did I ever say anything about the perk of caring ppl or ppl feeling they have to have it? I even said in my post if you bother reading it that I personally very rarely used the perk and rather use other regression perks. The thing is yes a park shouldn't care ppl but a perk shouldn't be completely useless either. Erupion now might as well be deleted from the game bc it's not worth running no matter your skill level. It didn't need to be gutted to the point where it's a bad regression perk and a bad info perk. It's worst than pop now so why run it over pop or any other regression perk and its worst than most info perks bc it gives you info when you don't need it(downing a survivor). The time it takes you to pick up and hook the survivor that 10s of info is useless bc either the gen gets completed or the survivors move to another part of the map. The only killers who could use this info be blight or nurse but even then it will encourage slugging and everyone knows survivors just love being left on the ground. Did eruption need a nerf? Yes, it was way too powerful in its current state but it didn't need this type of nerf. A nerf that makes it a worst pop or worst IF.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I don't think people are complaining about there being a meta but more about perk variety

I'm 100% fine with Eruption getting the nerf it needed but that doesn't mean i never want to take it again which with these changes it might be the case.

I do agree we should wait untill the ptb and look how it goes but 10 seconds aura reading on a gen that could be far away when you just downed a survivor and are ready to hook doesn't sound good in theory...

Even high mobility killers like nurse and blight are going to struggle to make that work, I feel like the mayority of the time the info of the aura you're getting will be that the survivor is indeed sticking to the gen

You know what i want to see, add a terror radius to the gen that just got erupted, we don't have enough terror radius shenanigens. That would atleast make it fun

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262

Because if it isnt even anything in theory there is no point in waiting to see...

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    edited February 2023

They need to fire whoever came up with "% of current X progress" as a way of nerfing crap. It was ok for boil over, but then they did it to pop and now eruption. Nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand please.

• BlueRose

I really like that idea tbh. Make it like Dark devotion but for gens. That at least add some fun plays into the mix instead of boring aura reading that is completely useless most of the time. To bad the devs don't take ours or even their own fogwhipers advise on changes most the time :-/

• The_Krapper

Ds isn't near what it used to be don't pretend like it still deserves to be meta, also boil over was nerfed in no time when it became meta just like mettle of man, COH is a joke now but can be good on endgame situations which I'll give credit to but in the meta of slowdown people are wasting too much time healing and it's not worth a slot anymore, balanced landing got gutted which it's decent now but there are better perks you could choose if you wanted and it used to be hands down the best exhaustion perk, sprint burst was the best originally because exhaustion recoverd while in chase which I'm glad is gone, self care is ridiculously slow now so when you get those randoms it's a gg pretty much because they're spending five minutes in a corner, object isn't that good anymore, sabo has a cool down and the hooks respawn way faster and at one point didn't at all, adrenaline is about to be reworked soon and it's already a one time thing, also some of the basekit changes that have been made on both sides over the years have directly affected certain perks strength and not just survivors but also killers have been on the bad end of it all as well and I'll admit that but it's a constant back and forth of changes meanwhile the overall game mechanics are smoother and the game is easier to play for both sides, my evidence? All the ######### above is no longer a thing and nobody has to deal with that anymore

• The_Krapper

https://youtu.be/Sl6QfI7cYUU

Just went to YouTube and found this, Gonna leave this here for people who think killers have it hard now this was the old brand new part imagine if there was one more in the game THAT ######### was broken, not the DBD we have now I don't miss these days at all I don't see how anyone could think killer is harder now when we had to put up with this like all the time back in the day it was literally up to the survivors back then whether you win and nobody can say that now

• Coffe_e

I do understand that the changes haven't gone live, but from a numbers standpoint 10% current regression just isn't worth it for the activation requirement. I was fine with pop getting that treatment due to it cutting gen progress by 1/5th, but for small-scale regression like 5-10% it should probably be flat.

• Coffe_e

I do understand what you're trying to say, but im not advocating to avoid change entirely. I just wish to avoid perk options being removed by over-nerfing and making the meta even more stagnant than before, since variety is what we should be looking to encourage for DBD.

I also understand that the Killer role has gotten much better over time than it was before, and I appreciate BHVR for pushing for that, but I dont think that "we have it way better than before" should be an excuse to over-nerf things. We should be striving for Balance after all, and not just putting perks down to the level of current Ruin. Jolt/Gift of Pain should be the middleground we strive for.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I don't understand why BHVR take community feedback but then go way overboard.

Nobody asked for Eruption's regression to be changed, all we wanted was either a way to counterplay the perk or have the incapacitated part of it changed/removed

The regression part of Eruption was serviceable, but if that was all the perk did - it would have never found its way into being meta.

• The_Krapper

This is an evolving game you're not meant to run the same build over and over again that's boring and stale gameplay, if they weren't constantly changing things this game would've died years ago only boosted players are mad about eruption because they won't be able to bully solo players into not being able to do anything, like I said I don't care if they left it or took it but seeing people this upset screams that it absolutely deserved a nerf, personally my squad says a code word with eruption "Jello" when you're about to go down and everyone sits up off the gen but solo players can't defend against something they don't know is happening and have no way to give a warning out and then an injured survivor runs up and they can't heal or anything and the other person if not on a gen would have no idea why and think they're being trolled it's unhealthy for the solo players more than swf because swf can avoid it all together